Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree and if I were her family I'd sue the shit out of San Francisco.

Sanctuary cities are not obeying the law and should be held accountable.

Sue the pants of em.

This implies that the government has some kind of obligation to prevent every form of misfortune its citizens may encounter. In short, it's very much a typical liberal nanny state mentality.
ZING!

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

So...vote for someone else next election. We get the government we deserve because we get the government we elect. Incompetence or failures of public policy by elected officials is not criminal.

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

The people of San Francisco voted him in and have consistently voted in politicians who support sanctuary city policies, so clearly they are not bothered by this.

Except for the dead people..

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.

Bullshit. Alcohol and firearms are legal....wetbacks aren't.

Really? That's interesting because there are millions of Hispanics in this country, many of whom are American citizens. How are they citizens if they're illegal?

Fortunately for you, bigotry and racism are also not illegal.

Wetbacks aren't legal you dumb fuck.

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.
It only took two pages for the lunacy to come forward.

You simply can't argue the merits of this thread without going off topic.
The lunacy stared with the first post in the thread.
Yep.

"Oh, goody. Some sp*c killed a white woman, and now I can unfurl my bigotry from safely behind a veil of moral indignance!"

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.

Yep.

"Oh, goody. Some sp*c killed a white woman, and now I can unfurl my bigotry safely!"
Sad but true.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case. But a criminal charge isn't in the cards.

Sue the pants of em.
They can try...but I'd doubt she'd win....the one responsible is the one who killed her.

Sue the pants of em.

This implies that the government has some kind of obligation to prevent every form of misfortune its citizens may encounter. In short, it's very much a typical liberal nanny state mentality.

The government has an obligation to secure our borders. They have done just the opposite of that and people are being murdered because of it.
How can you not see that?

Yep.

"Oh, goody. Some sp*c killed a white woman, and now I can unfurl my bigotry safely!"
Sad but true.
Of course.

Call out the liberals & illegals results in name calling while the policies that got this woman killed are ignored.

Your play book is pathetic

Yep.

"Oh, goody. Some sp*c killed a white woman, and now I can unfurl my bigotry from safely behind a veil of moral indignance!"
More liberal ignorance on display.

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

So...vote for someone else next election. We get the government we deserve because we get the government we elect. Incompetence or failures of public policy by elected officials is not criminal.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal. Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.

The government has an obligation to secure our borders.

I agree, but you need to take that up with Obama, not a city mayor.

Even then, failure to do that does not make a criminal case against an elected official. It makes a case to vote for someone else at the next election.

Ed Lee is just a tool. The entire city is dysfunctional: city counsel, bureaucracy, police department, sheriff's department, school system....

A recall would just be a distraction. The real issue is Obama's insane and damaging policy of open borders and non-enforcement of immigration laws.

Sanctuary cities would still be a seditious problem, but without Obama's open borders, they wouldn't be hosting repeat deportees.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal. Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.
they didn't violate a law for the millionth time. A state can not obstruct the fed from enforcing immigration law but it IS NOT OBLIGATED to enforce the law for the federal government.

Even then, failure to do that does not make a criminal case against an elected official. It makes a case to vote for someone else at the next election.

The government in general is to blame no doubt,but the mayor is the local government and her policies enabled this to happen.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal.

No, "criminal" is when a person violates a penal statute. You need to learn the difference.

Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.

Where is the violation of federal law? Can you identify the statute? Of course you can't. The city has no obligation to partake in federal immigration enforcement. The mayor has no obligation to establish public policy that will aid, compliment, or endorse federal immigration enforcement.

Fake ass CINOs like you constantly claim to be supporters of state's rights and local governance, but you're really just fair-weather bullshitters. You talk a big game about state sovereignty and nullification when it comes to gay marriage and Obamacare. But when a city or state does something you don't like, you're suddenly up in arms about how they were supposed to do what you wanted them to, because OMGFEDERALLAW!

Sanctuary cities are a state and local issue. Such policies are the 100% the right of the cities and states in question, each having no obligation to enforce federal immigration policy. Personally, I think sanctuary cities are bullshit. But it is ultimately an issue for the people of that city to decide. True conservatives will support the right of local and state governments to lawfully rebuff federal immigration policies, even while hating that state/city's position on immigration policy.

The government in general is to blame no doubt,but the mayor is the local government and her policies enabled this to happen.

That's like saying that the Founding Fathers, via the second amendment, are to blame for gun crime.

1. Ed Lee is not a "her".

2. The so-called "Sanctuary City" ordinance in SF was passed 25 years ago, in 1988. Ed Lee - who is by the way a huge tool - had nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back