Should Sports Fans Stand During Our National Anthem?

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I say, yes, this is our national anthem. But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem. Other songs are NOT the national anthem.

But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem.
(1) I could not care less about sports, so I did not watch that football game.

(2) But since the decision was made to play that special song, everyone should have stood up.

(3) It does no good to hurt people's feelings.

(4) Imagine if you were a person of that ethnicity and saw people who were not standing. You would feel hurt.

(5) As an 86-year-old, I am shocked how rude many people (of all ethnicities) are nowadays.

a. I recently saw President Biden visiting a restaurant. He spoke with some seated diners who seemed to be very polite toward him. But not one stood up!!!

b. After Vice President Nixon lost his first presidential try, he and his family walked into a restaurant for dinner. All the diners (who presumably included both Democrats and Republicans) stood up and applauded. That is how civilized human beings are supposed to act.

(1) I could not care less about sports, so I did not watch that football game.

(2) But since the decision was made to play that special song, everyone should have stood up.

(3) It does no good to hurt people's feelings.

(4) Imagine if you were a person of that ethnicity and saw people who were not standing. You would feel hurt.

(5) As an 86-year-old, I am shocked how rude many people (of all ethnicities) are nowadays.

a. I recently saw President Biden visiting a restaurant. He spoke with some seated diners who seemed to be very polite toward him. But not one stood up!!!

b. After Vice President Nixon lost his first presidential try, he and his family walked into a restaurant for dinner. All the diners (who presumably included both Democrats and Republicans) stood up and applauded. That is how civilized human beings are supposed to act.
You're too old to understand the concept of not showing respect when respect is not due.

Yes, during our National Anthem, stand and face the flag and put your right hand over your heart. That also goes for all the moron players who just stand around like idiots while it's playing. Feel free to go take a piss or whatever during any other song, including the "black national anthem".

I say, yes, this is our national anthem. But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem. Other songs are NOT the national anthem.

Yes, stand for the National Anthem.

Why?

Is not standing during the anthem expressing an opinion?
Wouldn't not standing also be expressing an opinion?

Why is expressing one more acceptable than expressing the other?

The kicker is that this was an expensive event. You gotta figure there were a lot of blue bloods there. The working class guys from the neighborhood need not apply. This needs to curtail.

If you time it right you can manage to be in the kitchen when the songs start fixing yourself another plate and a drink and avoid all the drama returning just in time to chime in with “…,of the brave”

What about Jehovah's witnesses?

Not trying to be smart; just curious as to your thoughts.

Better question: Why are their still sports fans? Why celebrate the "woke" with our time and money?

There is no such thing as a "black" national anthem. We have one national anthem - the Star Spangled Banner

Forum List

Back