Should Sports Fans Stand During Our National Anthem?

No. What are the fascist gonna do, fine me if I don't stand. How about sloughing during the song, or talking while it's being blasted over the PA. What if I'm in line getting a hot dog?

Unless it's Jimi Hendrix's version........

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The nword anthem is not the national anthem. Never was, never will be, and I'll never even acknowledge it.

But anyone that loves America should stand for the real national anthem, regardless of if it's played at a sporting event or not. Anyone who won't stand for it is someone I inherently distrust. The anthem is for all Americans and for a moment for people to recognize what this country does for us and to show a little respect for everyone who made it what it is.

Then should not people stand for Lift Every Voice and Sing? As a sign of respect?
As a sign for what? Voices and singing? People show respect for the Anthem as a sign of respect for one's COUNTRY, not the song, not for any particular group.

Personally I could replace the current anthem with something that does not glorify violence and death.
Is it glorifying violence and death? Or is it glorifying patriotism and sacrifice for a higher ideal.

Time was when people saw America as something better for the rest of the world to live up to.

Yes, we should stand for the National Anthem. I can't remember a time when I did not.

No. What are the fascist gonna do, fine me if I don't stand. How about sloughing during the song, or talking while it's being blasted over the PA. What if I'm in line getting a hot dog?

Unless it's Jimi Hendrix's version........
A lot of Americans died fighting for this country

You might consider showing respect for them

I say, yes, this is our national anthem. But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem. Other songs are NOT the national anthem.

You should not be compelled to stand in a free country.

Forum List

Back