Should Sports Fans Stand During Our National Anthem?

I say, yes, this is our national anthem. But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem. Other songs are NOT the national anthem.

I don’t understand why it needs to be played at every game. This a leftover from WW II that never went away. Instead of the anthem being a song we honor at appropriate national occasions, it’s become something we have to endure at many large assemblies that have nothing to do with patriotism. It’s basically enforced patriotism, which isn’t patriotism at all.

No. What are the fascist gonna do, fine me if I don't stand. How about sloughing during the song, or talking while it's being blasted over the PA. What if I'm in line getting a hot dog?

Unless it's Jimi Hendrix's version........
When I was a lot younger at times, I would think that. A few years before I went into the service I stood because others did. The Viet Nam era was disruptive late 60's/early 70's. I then would notice older men standing with their hats off. Most were likely veterans. So out of respect for them I stood for a reason. We do not control our wars when they are really pushed. And although this is political, we have seen the money and equipment sent to Ukraine and of course people convinced again to be on one side or the other. Perhaps the national anthem needs to not be played anymore.

There is no such thing as a "black" national anthem. We have one national anthem - the Star Spangled Banner
There is such a thing as the black national anthem. When the American Anthem was created, blacks didn't count and until 1965 the Anthem was sung and blacks didn't count.

So were you around when Key penned the poem?
When drunks were singing the tune?
When drunks adapted the tune to Key's poem?

No?

Then perhaps that song means nothing to you either.
It means allowing ungrateful libs to act boorish toward hero’s who died protecting their freedom

There is such a thing as the black national anthem. When the American Anthem was created, blacks didn't count and until 1965 the Anthem was sung and blacks didn't count.
Agreed

There can be no black national anthem when there is no black nation

When I was a lot younger at times, I would think that. A few years before I went into the service I stood because others did. The Viet Nam era was disruptive late 60's/early 70's. I then would notice older men standing with their hats off. Most were likely veterans. So out of respect for them I stood for a reason. We do not control our wars when they are really pushed. And although this is political, we have seen the money and equipment sent to Ukraine and of course people convinced again to be on one side or the other. Perhaps the national anthem needs to not be played anymore.
My father, a Korean vet, explained it to me perfectly when I was very young and I always stand during it, out of respect, however freedom to not stand is still paramount to the reason they fought, imo.

I say, yes, this is our national anthem. But, it is not necessary to stand during other songs, which are not our national anthem. Other songs are NOT the national anthem.

Should Sports Fans Stand During Our National Anthem?​

Mandatory? Why not. Then we can all give up our liberties and freedom.

I don’t understand why it needs to be played at every game. This a leftover from WW II that never went away. Instead of the anthem being a song we honor at appropriate national occasions, it’s become something we have to endure at many large assemblies that have nothing to do with patriotism. It’s basically enforced patriotism, which isn’t patriotism at all.
If anything the national anthem should be "America the Beautiful"

Sometimes I stand and I don't give a shit who stands or who sits.
Black Anthem is a hymn and most in this thread doesn't know a damn thing how it came about.

Forum List

Back