Should the American GI be executed for killing the inocents in Afghanistan?

Should the US soldier face the death penalty for the murders in Afghanistan?

• Total voters

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
I say YES. His victims were mostly women and children. 12 of them. The man should face the death penalty and his execution should be televised in Afghanistan in my opinion.

I find the death penalty rather barbaric but we may have to in order to keep the lid on Afghanistan until we can get out.

He snapped. It happens, but usually when it happens, its not to a sniper with a weapon in hand.

Yes he should be killed. No doubt. War is hell but when you lose it and commit murder, you should be killed for it.

I find the death penalty rather barbaric but we may have to in order to keep the lid on Afghanistan until we can get out.
He will be tried under the USMJ I believe. His mental condition may prohibit imposition of the death penalty. In no way can we make "exceptions" to his Constitutional rights to further goals of "success" in any military, civil, or political matter.

I think we should leave NOW. Leave air support behind to deal with the taliban and terrorists. Otherwise all we've done is to emulate Russia. But that's not why he should be put to death. Justice is and it needs to be on display for the barbarians and those they try to influence to see.

Actually, ALL people who served in the sandbox, and those who sent them, should be executed for war crimes, terrorism and treason(failure to defend the US constitution).

He will be tried under the USMJ I believe. His mental condition may prohibit imposition of the death penalty. In no way can we make "exceptions" to his Constitutional rights to further goals of "success" in any military, civil, or political matter.

I don't believe in "temporary insanity"

Excuses be damned

wow 4 tours wounded twice,but lets throw him under the bus!!. Kill him to save face?? We should not lower ourselves to their level.

The guy gets a fair trial no other way. The death penalty is for barbarians not Americans.

wow 4 tours wounded twice,but lets throw him under the bus!!. Kill him to save face?? We should not lower ourselves to their level.

The guy gets a fair trial no other way. The death penalty is for barbarians not Americans.

He threw himself under the bus dontca think? And what's with the rule of law not applying to service men/women?

Do I think he should be killed? Yes. He deserves to die.

Do I think he should get the death penalty? No. He deserves to die, but the State doesn't have the right to kill him.

Thinking this man deserves to die doesn't change my opinion on the death penalty.

Excuses be damned

Doesn't matter what you believe,we kill him for a show to the barbarians!!!,make us worse then them.

4 tours wounded twice people get sick.

We follow the rules of the constitution and the USMJ to the letter. Killing 1 or 12 innocent civilians he faces the music.

It will be interesting to see if his attys try an insanity plea. That really is hard to do.

Excuses be damned
Again, with all due respect Murked, his trial must not be influenced by conditions outside HIS crimes & mental status. It would appear he was not a CAREER criminal, obviously. I do not know if he will be determined to be incapacitated but "LOSING IT" is a factor. I also tend to discount "temporary insanity"; still the one time I saw Danny Rolling face to face, not more than two feet away, I doubted then he should be executed. It WAS ruled he regained capacity, but I have my doubts. (Bundy was easier, he displayed his capacity, MANY, MANY times. My father saw a few times at FSP.)

Excuses be damned

Doesn't matter what you believe,we kill him for a show to the barbarians!!!,make us worse then them.

4 tours wounded twice people get sick.

Although I use your rhetoric a lot I have a question for you....were the 12 women and children he slaughtered barbarians?

Excuses be damned
Again, with all due respect Murked, his trial must not be influenced by conditions outside HIS crimes & mental status. It would appear he was not a CAREER criminal, obviously. I do not know if he will be determined to be incapacitated but "LOSING IT" is a factor. I also tend to discount "temporary insanity"; still the one time I saw Danny Rolling face to face, not more than two feet away, I doubted then he should be executed. It WAS ruled he regained capacity, but I have my doubts. (Bundy was easier, he displayed his capacity, MANY, MANY times. My father saw a few times at FSP.)

With all due respect if I have a bad day at work tomorrow and kill the wife and children of my client I don't think my reason should have any impact on my sentence unless I was threatened in some fashion.

There are probably many men and women who have served multiple terms that didn't commit mass murder. OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

Isn't everyone who commits such a heinous crime a bit nutty?

OH so it's OK some of the time but not OK other times? Fuck you and your weak kneed since of justice. If tried and found guilty he should die, I don't give a shit what country it happen in, he should die.

Forum List

Back