Should the British pay reparations for slavery?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Despite the BS about slavery being America's "original sin," the institution of slavery was a British invention in the Colonies, transporting captives from Africa to North America on British ships. If anything, the slavery conditions on British sugar plantations in the Caribbean were immeasurably worse than on the mainland.

So why do the Brits get a free pass while Americans, who already fought the bloodiest war in US history to end slavery, are supposed to pay again for this British institution?

If the majority of Britons agree to it, then I'd be happy for the UK to give ME some free money for what they did to my Irish ancestors for 800 years. Or how about Germany giving reparations to the descendents of the tens of millions of white people who died as a result of Hitler starting WWII?

Bottom line: every group of people on earth have suffered oppression and barbarity at some point or another in history. Since memories are not genetic, you don't get a free ride because distant ancestors had to eat a shit sandwich.

Spain, Britain, France, Dutch and Portuguese and why stop there and let punish Persia and Islam while at it...

Of course the left will say no to it seeing I mentioned Islam...

Also what do we do with today slaves and how do we pay them?

Forum List

Back