Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have read the Bible and I know it was written by men some 300 and more years after Jesus lived.
If God forgave David, surely he could forgive Judas. How do you know that Judas didn't ask for forgiveness?
I do not know if He did or did not, and you do not. Could Jesus have forgave Judas? Sure. Did he? Neither you nor I know. Nor does Jeri.

Could Jesus have forgave Judas? Absolutely! Jake! Had he only turned toward Christ instead of suicide after casting the 30 pieces of silver back he could have been forgiven! But he did not repent. Instead he took his own life. And as Jesus is God He knew all along what was in the heart of Judas. God knows the heart of every man, Jake.

My friend is an attorney and she stated that it was clearly illegal for someone to unseal Josh Duggar's juvenile record and make it public. She said it's clear grounds for a big lawsuit against who ever did this on that fact alone.
You are lying that you talked to anyone.
Sorry but I did. Unsealing a juveniles record is a big no-no.
No, you did not. If it was done by a FOI Act, tough beans.

I have read the Bible and I know it was written by men some 300 and more years after Jesus lived.
If God forgave David, surely he could forgive Judas. How do you know that Judas didn't ask for forgiveness?
I do not know if He did or did not, and you do not. Could Jesus have forgave Judas? Sure. Did he? Neither you nor I know. Nor does Jeri.

Could Jesus have forgave Judas? Absolutely! Jake! Had he only turned toward Christ instead of suicide after casting the 30 pieces of silver back he could have been forgiven! But he did not repent. Instead he took his own life. And as Jesus is God He knew all along what was in the heart of Judas. God knows the heart of every man, Jake.

I don't believe you, but unfortunately others do. How do you know Judas took his own life? And you don't know if he repented or not.

God can forgive all he wants my friend, that is for the spiritual realm, render unto ceaser what is ceaser's and whatnot, there are people that are in jail for the rest of their lives because they had cannabis on their person when a police officer questioned them, these are men and women who were not hurting anyone at all, however they will spend the rest of their days in a cell while someone who claims moral superiority gets to apologize for RAPING at least five little girls and never see anything other than a counselor.
According to the report I read he never raped anyone. He touched his sisters. He should not have done it and he confessed his sins and sought forgiveness. He is forgiven. It's settled.
I do not know what strange fairytale land you live in sir but even if he only touched his 5 year old sister that is still what we here in America call Rape to do otherwise is to try and protect someone from their own actions, I would never wish this on anyone nor do I mean to insinuate it but if you walked in on a random 14 year old not raping but touching your 5 year old daughter do you mean to tell me you would be fine with him saying he was sorry?

Give me your source and the link which says he was charged with rape or else withdraw your accusation against him. Tell me, have you ever had sex with someone outside of marriage? Ever had an abortion? Every stole something? Told a lie? Read your horoscope?

If so, did you repent? Do you believe you were forgiven? Why can God not forgive this man as he has forgiven you your own sins? Do you think there is some difference between sins? Your sin and his? Some believe the sin they would never commit is far worse than those they themselves are guilty of. They are mistaken.

Sin is sin.

One act of disobedience in the garden was called sin and look at what it has cost the world! Again I repeat sin is sin! If you have been forgiven of your sins who do you think it is that wants to remind you of them? Satan. If Duggar has been forgiven of his sins (and he has) who do you think wants to use your tongue to accuse him?

Do not be an accuser of the brethren. Don't be a mouthpiece for Satan.
God can forgive all he wants my friend, that is for the spiritual realm, render unto ceaser what is ceaser's and whatnot, there are people that are in jail for the rest of their lives because they had cannabis on their person when a police officer questioned them, these are men and women who were not hurting anyone at all, however they will spend the rest of their days in a cell while someone who claims moral superiority gets to apologize for RAPING at least five little girls and never see anything other than a counselor.
According to the report I read he never raped anyone. He touched his sisters. He should not have done it and he confessed his sins and sought forgiveness. He is forgiven. It's settled.
I do not know what strange fairytale land you live in sir but even if he only touched his 5 year old sister that is still what we here in America call Rape to do otherwise is to try and protect someone from their own actions, I would never wish this on anyone nor do I mean to insinuate it but if you walked in on a random 14 year old not raping but touching your 5 year old daughter do you mean to tell me you would be fine with him saying he was sorry?

Give me your source and the link which says he was charged with rape or else withdraw your accusation against him. Tell me, have you ever had sex with someone outside of marriage? Ever had an abortion? Every stole something? Told a lie? Read your horoscope?

If so, did you repent? Do you believe you were forgiven? Why can God not forgive this man as he has forgiven you your own sins? Do you think there is some difference between sins? Your sin and his? Some believe the sin they would never commit is far worse than those they themselves are guilty of. They are mistaken.

Sin is sin.

One act of disobedience in the garden was called sin and look at what it has cost the world! Again I repeat sin is sin! If you have been forgiven of your sins who do you think it is that wants to remind you of them? Satan. If Duggar has been forgiven of his sins (and he has) who do you think wants to use your tongue to accuse him?

Have you ever molested a 4 year-old baby girl?

no.

You assume, the Bible story is the whole story. Only a literalist would do that, and such is why literalism is heresy and can lead to apostasy.

Sin is sin.

Sin is sin.

Have you ever molested a 4 year-old baby girl?

no.

Well if you had, you should have been given a life sentence in prison.

Sin is sin.

I am an agnostic actually so I do not believe in your whole repentance scheme, to think that you know the will of whatever it is that created us, if it has a will in the traditional sense, is arrogant, we can continue that discussion privately if you would like, as to the matter at hand, he has not been charged because the statute of limitations ran out, because his parents who full well knew what he had done thought that therapy was enough for their little boy, that does not make him innocent, especially when you yourself have stated that he has admitted what he has done and apologized, guilty is guilty, and if you rape anyone that puts you on the list of despicable people just by a traditional moral standing.

In your mind it may be settled, but he did rape them when he violated their vaginas.
How do you know he didn't continue to rape little girls?
Last year the television star Lena Dunham admitted in a book she violated her 6 year old sisters vagina when she was young but she still has a tv show. What gives?

Because they were both little, Steve? The boy was 14, the girl was 5. Big difference.

In your mind it may be settled, but he did rape them when he violated their vaginas.
How do you know he didn't continue to rape little girls?
The television star Lena Dunham admitted in a book she violated her 6 year old sisters vagina when she was litle but she still has a tv show. What gives

I'll speak to the HBO executives.

I don't believe you, but unfortunately others do. How do you know Judas took his own life? And you don't know if he repented or not.

Because it is written:

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name, those that thou gavest me. I have kept, and none have been lost, but the son of perdition, that the scriptures might be fulfilled.
John 17: 12

Judas was the one Jesus was speaking of. He was lost to Satan and today he is in hell.

Because it is written:

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name, those that thou gavest me. I have kept, and none have been lost, but the son of perdition, that the scriptures might be fulfilled.

Judas was the one Jesus was speaking of. He was lost to Satan and today he is in hell.
There's a lot of shit written in the bible, doesn't make it fact.

Sin is sin.

I am an agnostic actually so I do not believe in your whole repentance scheme, to think that you know the will of whatever it is that created us, if it has a will in the traditional sense, is arrogant, we can continue that discussion privately if you would like, as to the matter at hand, he has not been charged because the statute of limitations ran out, because his parents who full well knew what he had done thought that therapy was enough for their little boy, that does not make him innocent, especially when you yourself have stated that he has admitted what he has done and apologized, guilty is guilty, and if you rape anyone that puts you on the list of despicable people just by a traditional moral standing.

Why do you say he raped his sisters when the report says he touched them? Is there a new report that he raped them? Please provide a reliable source and link. Otherwise refrain from using the word rape. It is not being honest to accuse him of rape if he didn't rape them.

Because it is written:

Who was the author of the verse you cited?
If a man feels so unworthy and so ashamed in his soul that he seeks death, that, I my opinion, is a form of repentance.

Sin is sin.

Why do you say he raped his sisters when the report says he touched them? Is there a new report that he raped them? Please provide a reliable source and link. Otherwise refrain from using the word rape. It is not being honest to accuse him of rape if he didn't rape them.

He raped them. He took away their innocence and he left them scarred.

Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.

Because it is written:

There's a lot of shit written in the bible, doesn't make it fact.

It is written:

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others.

Such is called wrongful dominion.

? I'm telling you what the Word of God says about the matter, Jake. If God's Word is not the final authority whose is? Oprah's? Please think about what you have been saying on this thread!

Forum List

Back