Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others. Jeri has no authority to call the Bible infallible or that she is an authority.

Such is called wrongful dominion.

The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is perfect. I am a servant of the LORD and I am not speaking in my own authority but telling you what the Scriptures say, Jake.
We all strive to be servants, and, correct, you are speaking only as yourself. You are not an authority on Bible scripture, Jeri. Admit it and leave it.

I believe you know me well enough to know that I find vindication to be a sign of weakness, Jake. My knowledge of Scripture is not on trial here.
Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them. Question for you. Did you make a full disclosure of the past sins of your children when you applied for your job? No? Me neither. It was never required. It still isn't.
Disclosure of your sins or anyone elses? No, Rape is not just a sin it is a crime, not everything in this world has to go back to your god

Where is the source and link I asked for where it says rape? You don't have it?
Jeremiah, last time I am explaining this to you any more requests for a source will be ignored, unwanted touching of anyone let alone your 4 year old sister is indeed rape, if you would like I can link you to a legal definition of rape?

Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.
So who publicized the allegations? If Oprah knew the statute of limitations were over then what purpose was it of hers to report it knowing it could be disasterous for the christian family in the publics eye knowing they have a new tv show? Lets face it. The blue gum negress wanted to publically destroy this family.
Is there anything wrong with wanting to destroy a group of people who present themselves as idols and role models yet perform or cover up attrocities?
So you're saying every single member of that family is guilty and has to pay the price of one juveniles actions and therefore must be destroyed in the public eye?

Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others. Jeri has no authority to call the Bible infallible or that she is an authority.

The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is perfect. I am a servant of the LORD and I am not speaking in my own authority but telling you what the Scriptures say, Jake.

Human beings are not infallible and human beings wrote the book.

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them.[/QUO
Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others.

? I'm telling you what the Word of God says about the matter, Jake. If God's Word is not the final authority whose is? Oprah's? Please think about what you have been saying on this thread!
Just so you are clear, your "word of god" was written by the hand of man.
God was in these mens heart speaking to them as they wrote. Have you discovered God in your heart?

Be careful.

KAuthorized King James Version Bible - I was quoting the words of Jesus Christ. He said he didn't lose any except the son of perdition - which was Judas. God's Word does not need your opinion or mine. God's Word stands on its own merit. Leave your opinion out of it and let us take God at His Word, Lilah.
Those are the Words of Men, that other men today attempt to make the Literal Words of God. The KJV, in which I read daily and have since I was six, inspires me daily, but it is not Literal. The words stand when they are wise yet fail when they are not.
You are mistaken, Jake.

It is written:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

Now let me ask you a question, Jake. Will you now accuse God of being a liar so that you may continue to justify yourself?

Wrong. It is written:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

We all strive to be servants, and, correct, you are speaking only as yourself. You are not an authority on Bible scripture, Jeri. Admit it and leave it.

I believe you know me well enough to know that I find vindication to be a sign of weakness, Jake. My knowledge of Scripture is not on trial here.

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them. Question for you. Did you make a full disclosure of the past sins of your children when you applied for your job? No? Me neither. It was never required. It still isn't.
Disclosure of your sins or anyone elses? No, Rape is not just a sin it is a crime, not everything in this world has to go back to your god

Jeremiah, last time I am explaining this to you any more requests for a source will be ignored, unwanted touching of anyone let alone your 4 year old sister is indeed rape, if you would like I can link you to a legal definition of rape?

Can you give me the link for the legal definition which says fondling is rape? I need to see that. Thank you.

KAuthorized King James Version Bible - I was quoting the words of Jesus Christ. He said he didn't lose any except the son of perdition - which was Judas. God's Word does not need your opinion or mine. God's Word stands on its own merit. Leave your opinion out of it and let us take God at His Word, Lilah.
Those are the Words of Men, that other men today attempt to make the Literal Words of God. The KJV, in which I read daily and have since I was six, inspires me daily, but it is not Literal. The words stand when they are wise yet fail when they are not.
You are mistaken, Jake.

It is written:

Now let me ask you a question, Jake. Will you now accuse God of being a liar so that you may continue to justify yourself?
That line was written by a hand of man not god

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them.[/QUO

? I'm telling you what the Word of God says about the matter, Jake. If God's Word is not the final authority whose is? Oprah's? Please think about what you have been saying on this thread!
God was in these mens heart speaking to them as they wrote. Have you discovered God in your heart?
You have not.
Oh absolutely I have. As a Conservative Southern Baptist Christian, God has always been in my heart.

Straw man faileth. Your testimony that the Bible is Literal and your authority from it are on trial here.

The Bible is literal! How else could you possibly take it? As for my authority? Look up Luke 10:19, Jake. I'm a servant of God.

Can you give me the link for the legal definition which says fondling is rape? I need to see that. Thank you.
rape legal definition of rape happy to help you sir

You are mistaken, Jake.

It is written:

That line was written by a hand of man not god

I asked you for the link to the legal source you claim you have. I'm interested in seeing where the legal system identifies fondling as rape. I have not heard that before. You are telling me something new. Please post the link and the cip where it says that. Thank you.

So who publicized the allegations? If Oprah knew the statute of limitations were over then what purpose was it of hers to report it knowing it could be disasterous for the christian family in the publics eye knowing they have a new tv show? Lets face it. The blue gum negress wanted to publically destroy this family.

The 2006 police report was unearth by In Touch and a copy was mailed to Harpo Studios. Oprah cancelled the interview with the family and that's it.

Can you please post a reliable source and link to the report where it says "rape", Lilah? Thank you.

You probably read the report that the Duggars presented to the police.
I'm assuming the little girls were not examined by medical doctors; therefore, the police have only what the Duggars presented.
A 14 year-old knows better than to molest a little 4 year-old girl and his younger sisters. He admitted he touched their vaginas, but who knows what that creep really did to those babies, and whoever else he molested and no one will ever know.

The 2006 police report was unearth by In Touch and a copy was mailed to Harpo Studios. Oprah cancelled the interview with the family and that's it.
The release of a juveniles police report is illegal. Who turned it over to 'In Touch' broke the law. Their should be an investigation into how the info was released.

Wrong. It is written:

Are you so arrogant as to say that God does not talk to people today?

Be careful.
Well have you?

a
Straw man faileth. Your testimony that the Bible is Literal and your authority from it are on trial here.

The Bible is literal! How else could you possibly take it? As for my authority? Look up Luke 10:19, Jake. I'm a servant of God.
As a collection of stories originally intended to guide people in leading a riotous life that has been perverted to be used as a system of subjugating the lower classes by promising them a blissful eternity if they will just suffer through and keep their mouth shut? Maybe? I don't know just a thought for you to chew over.

The release of a juveniles police report is illegal. Who turned it over to 'In Touch' broke the law. Their should be an investigation into how the info was released.

Little innocent girls were molested and you are concerned about who leaked the info?

i

Thank you. I cannot find where it calls fondling rape. Where exactly did you read that in this link? Can you show it to us? Thank you.
Thank you. I cannot find where it calls fondling rape. Where exactly did you read that in this link? Can you show it to us? Thank you.

Just post the clip where it says that and I will try and make a point to look at it when I return. God willing.

Last edited:
Has anyone touched on this question?

WHY would any parent...any parent in this nation, have their teenage sons and daughters, sleeping in the same bed at night? Or even in the same room?

Or did Josh go in to his sister's bedrooms at night and crawl in to bed with them?

You know what, Josh was a messed up, raging hormone teen....but I can tell you right now that his parents should have known better....and it truly does appear that mom and pop were TOO BUSY 'making that NEXT child' at night, to know what was going on in their own family household.

I do think it appears that they did make an effort to help their son and their daughters after the fact, and I would not expect them to turn their juvenile son in to the police but I also think they were negligent....in managing their very large family...this did not have to happen to their daughters...

And although terrible and lifetime scar worthy, I am grateful the girls were NOT raped....if I am understanding all of this correctly...he molested them, but did not rape them.

Forum List

Back