Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is perfect. I am a servant of the LORD and I am not speaking in my own authority but telling you what the Scriptures say, Jake.
We all strive to be servants, and, correct, you are speaking only as yourself. You are not an authority on Bible scripture, Jeri. Admit it and leave it.

I believe you know me well enough to know that I find vindication to be a sign of weakness, Jake. My knowledge of Scripture is not on trial here.
Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them. Question for you. Did you make a full disclosure of the past sins of your children when you applied for your job? No? Me neither. It was never required. It still isn't.
Disclosure of your sins or anyone elses? No, Rape is not just a sin it is a crime, not everything in this world has to go back to your god

Where is the source and link I asked for where it says rape? You don't have it?
Jeremiah, last time I am explaining this to you any more requests for a source will be ignored, unwanted touching of anyone let alone your 4 year old sister is indeed rape, if you would like I can link you to a legal definition of rape?

Can you give me the link for the legal definition which says fondling is rape? I need to see that. Thank you.
rape legal definition of rape happy to help you sir
Sorry but thats forced intercourse. Nothing in it defines touching as rape. Touching is the key word. Lena Dunham admitted to forcing her 6 year old sisters vagina open. That's intrusion as indicated in your link.

We all strive to be servants, and, correct, you are speaking only as yourself. You are not an authority on Bible scripture, Jeri. Admit it and leave it.

I believe you know me well enough to know that I find vindication to be a sign of weakness, Jake. My knowledge of Scripture is not on trial here.
Disclosure of your sins or anyone elses? No, Rape is not just a sin it is a crime, not everything in this world has to go back to your god

Jeremiah, last time I am explaining this to you any more requests for a source will be ignored, unwanted touching of anyone let alone your 4 year old sister is indeed rape, if you would like I can link you to a legal definition of rape?

Can you give me the link for the legal definition which says fondling is rape? I need to see that. Thank you.
Sorry but thats forced intercourse. Nothing in it defines touching as rape. Touching is the key word.

Who fed the word 'touching' to the police?

Has anyone touched on this question?

WHY would any parent...any parent in this nation, have their teenage sons and daughters, sleeping in the same bed at night? Or even in the same room?

Or did Josh go in to his sister's bedrooms at night and crawl in to bed with them?

You know what, Josh was a messed up, raging hormone teen....but I can tell you right now that his parents should have known better....and it truly does appear that mom and pop were TOO BUSY 'making that NEXT child' at night, to know what was going on in their own family household.

I do think it appears that they did make an effort to help their son and their daughters after the fact, and I would not expect them to turn their juvenile son in to the police but I also think they were negligent....in managing their very large family...this did not have to happen to their daughters...

And although terrible and lifetime scar worthy, I am grateful the girls were NOT raped....if I am understanding all of this correctly...he molested them, but did not rape them.
It's really none of your business.

KAuthorized King James Version Bible - I was quoting the words of Jesus Christ. He said he didn't lose any except the son of perdition - which was Judas. God's Word does not need your opinion or mine. God's Word stands on its own merit. Leave your opinion out of it and let us take God at His Word, Lilah.
Those are the Words of Men, that other men today attempt to make the Literal Words of God. The KJV, in which I read daily and have since I was six, inspires me daily, but it is not Literal. The words stand when they are wise yet fail when they are not.
You are mistaken, Jake.

It is written:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

Now let me ask you a question, Jake. Will you now accuse God of being a liar so that you may continue to justify yourself?
That line was written by a hand of man not god

I asked you for the link to the legal source you claim you have. I'm interested in seeing where the legal system identifies fondling as rape. I have not heard that before. You are telling me something new. Please post the link and the cip where it says that. Thank you.
Attorney General Eric Holder Announces Revisions to the Uniform Crime Report s Definition of Rape OPA Department of Justice the law is the law Jeremiah, it applies to christians too, and if something needs to be illegal for you, as a human being, to find it wrong or despicable than you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Eric Holder changed the definiton of rape? Who knew?

It isn't reflected in your legal link. One would think they would already have put it on the books. Right? I'll have to read through your Eric Holder link, Aland, and get back to you (God Willing). Thank you for your time.

Sorry but thats forced intercourse. Nothing in it defines touching as rape. Touching is the key word. Lena Dunham admitted to forcing her 6 year old sisters vagina open. That's intrusion as indicated in your link.

Thank you, Steve! I thought something didn't sound right. Still Aland has said that Eric Holder has changed the definition of rape now so I will have to examine his link and see what it says. (God willing) Goodnight!

Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them. Question for you. Did you make a full disclosure of the past sins of your children when you applied for your job? No? Me neither. It was never required. It still isn't.

Touch this, douchebag. You have your tiny head up your birdbrained ass if you're trying to defend someone who sexually molested anyone ON ANY LEVEL.

Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others. Jeri has no authority to call the Bible infallible or that she is an authority.

Such is called wrongful dominion.

The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is perfect. I am a servant of the LORD and I am not speaking in my own authority but telling you what the Scriptures say, Jake.

The Bible is not a source for anything relevant in the real world, much less the past. If you're going to do that, then let's use the Farmer's Almanac for a source on morality. [[[Rolling my fucking eyes so high I hope they come down again.]]] Oh, how about let's go with a Dickens novel. Now that would serve a much better model for human morals and decay.

Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others. Jeri has no authority to call the Bible infallible or that she is an authority.

The Bible is not a source for anything relevant in the real world, much less the past. If you're going to do that, then let's use the Farmer's Almanac for a source on morality. [[[Rolling my fucking eyes so high I hope they come down again.]]]
God speaks to you from your heart. You're not listening to him. Only then will you discover his true love for you.

I'm tired of trying to explain it to Jeremiah but I will give you a shot, there is no difference between forced sexual touching of a 4 year old and rape, if you need a law to explain that to you than please stay home

The Bible is not a source for anything relevant in the real world, much less the past. If you're going to do that, then let's use the Farmer's Almanac for a source on morality. [[[Rolling my fucking eyes so high I hope they come down again.]]]
God speaks to you from your heart. You're not listening to him. Only then will you discover his true love for you.
If god speaks to anyone at all it is through nature not man

KAuthorized King James Version Bible - I was quoting the words of Jesus Christ. He said he didn't lose any except the son of perdition - which was Judas. God's Word does not need your opinion or mine. God's Word stands on its own merit. Leave your opinion out of it and let us take God at His Word, Lilah.
Those are the Words of Men, that other men today attempt to make the Literal Words of God. The KJV, in which I read daily and have since I was six, inspires me daily, but it is not Literal. The words stand when they are wise yet fail when they are not.
You are mistaken, Jake.

It is written:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

Now let me ask you a question, Jake. Will you now accuse God of being a liar so that you may continue to justify yourself?
I accuse you of accusing me falsely. A man wrote that, not God. Before God, I counsel you to be careful.

Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.

Do you have a reliable source and link that says he confessed to raping his sisters? The story / report I read said he touched them.[/QUO
Jeri is presuming to an unwarranted authority over others.

? I'm telling you what the Word of God says about the matter, Jake. If God's Word is not the final authority whose is? Oprah's? Please think about what you have been saying on this thread!
Just so you are clear, your "word of god" was written by the hand of man.
God was in these mens heart speaking to them as they wrote. Have you discovered God in your heart?
You have not.
Oh absolutely I have. As a Conservative Southern Baptist Christian, God has always been in my heart.
That spirit is not God.

Straw man faileth. Your testimony that the Bible is Literal and your authority from it are on trial here.

The Bible is literal! How else could you possibly take it? As for my authority? Look up Luke 10:19, Jake. I'm a servant of God.
Straw man still. Your belief is your belief. You may serve God, but you are doing it very poorly here.

I'm tired of trying to explain it to Jeremiah but I will give you a shot, there is no difference between forced sexual touching of a 4 year old and rape, if you need a law to explain that to you than please stay home
The key word is 'Forced'. Where's the proof? What if the girls let him touch them.

Jeri, you show your error in that you trust Biblical literalism. You give yourself into the arm of flesh when you do that.

If the Duggars are going to portray themselves as examples of the Path and the Way, their skirts needed to be free from sin.

Now the public knows. The Duggars can now get right with the Lord and His Path.

Please do not defend the sin being cleaned.

The problem with most people on this thread is that they believe this is a religious situation.

It's not. Our laws aren't christian bible laws. Our laws are of the citizens of this nation. We created those laws.

This was never a family situation. This was never a religious situation.

This is and has always been a CRIMINAL situation.

Crimes were committed and the proper way to handle it isn't to cover it up. It's to bring it out into the open and let our justice system work.

The key word is 'Forced'. Where's the proof? What if the girls let him touch them.
THEN THEY WERE FUCKING 4 YEARS OLD. THAT'S WHAT.

I didn't think it was possible for you to be more of a disgusting human being but you go and prove wrong. There is something terribly wrong with you.

Forum List

Back