Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Josh wasn't experimenting sexually with girls his own age, he was molesting his sisters, some of whom were under the age of 5 at the time of these assaults, and other girls.

Sexual experimentation implies that the acts were consensual. These were assaults. The victims were not willing. He forced himself on these girls. Learn the difference.

His father didn't take him to the police, at least not until Oprah alerted the authorities. The family covered it up, and then proceeded to use their TV pulpit to attack gays and gay marriage as a danger to children. The "danger to children" was the guy making these attacks.

Great comment, but this is what conservative christians do, they protect and try to rationalize conservative bad behavior, while destroying others should they do the same. They came overwhelmingly to the defense of Rush Limpballs who is a drug addict, but others, they condem. True most young teens experiment with sexuality during these times, however natural the course, there are certain bounderies that must be in place....one is educating your children about sex. Something this moronic family failed to do.
When you say moronic, how many of these family members are you calling moronic?

ann_duggar_extortion_120207_wg.jpg

The parents, you nut!!.... a soon to be welfare addition, lololol
What makes you think they're going on welfare?

Josh wasn't experimenting sexually with girls his own age, he was molesting his sisters, some of whom were under the age of 5 at the time of these assaults, and other girls.

Sexual experimentation implies that the acts were consensual. These were assaults. The victims were not willing. He forced himself on these girls. Learn the difference.

His father didn't take him to the police, at least not until Oprah alerted the authorities. The family covered it up, and then proceeded to use their TV pulpit to attack gays and gay marriage as a danger to children. The "danger to children" was the guy making these attacks.

Great comment, but this is what conservative christians do, they protect and try to rationalize conservative bad behavior, while destroying others should they do the same. They came overwhelmingly to the defense of Rush Limpballs who is a drug addict, but others, they condem. True most young teens experiment with sexuality during these times, however natural the course, there are certain bounderies that must be in place....one is educating your children about sex. Something this moronic family failed to do.
When you say moronic, how many of these family members are you calling moronic?

ann_duggar_extortion_120207_wg.jpg
at least three, unless josh's wife is pictured here as well, never watched this trash, but if she is there than I would say there are at least four morons there.

Josh wasn't experimenting sexually with girls his own age, he was molesting his sisters, some of whom were under the age of 5 at the time of these assaults, and other girls....Sexual experimentation implies that the acts were consensual. These were assaults. The victims were not willing. He forced himself on these girls. Learn the difference....His father didn't take him to the police, at least not until Oprah alerted the authorities. The family covered it up, and then proceeded to use their TV pulpit to attack gays and gay marriage as a danger to children. The "danger to children" was the guy making these attacks.

I more recently learned that one of the girls was very young (if the reports are accurate about the stay on releasing victim's names). And that disgusts me. The difference in cultures is that normal folks are disgusted and demand their ranks wear a scarlet letter when the news is released. When I wrote the OP here, I had only read that the girls were around his age. Then I read a UK article that alluded as how one of them might have been 4 or younger when he assaulted them. So that changes things. That age difference makes a world of difference from possible consensual or girl-coerced hanky panky to an assault.

The difference being that he will from now on wear the scarlet letter. Rest assured that AFTER we know something like that about our ranks, they wear a badge of shame. We won't for instance know that he was 15 years older than a minor he assaulted and have it written like that in a biography about him that we read, and then go on to insist he stay in office, make him our sexual icon as a matter of law (California) and petition the USPS with 60 of our groups from Canada, the US and Mexico to have a stamp issued in his political-sexual honor as representative of our collective moral value system.

It turns out that what people do with the information is a statement about what they regard morally. If Josh Duggar had come out gay years ago and only diddled boys, he might not be so demonized. He might even get a postage stamp in his honor. The story would not get the press this one's getting for sure at the very least.. That's a fact that nobody here can deny. And if you do deny it, I'll just post a picture of the Harvey Milk stamp to drive the point home.

Sil is now equating a pedophiliac act between a 15 year old and a 4 year old with Harvey Milk and a 16 year old boy living with him. How true that "It turns out that what people do with the information is a statement about what they regard morally." Milk was wrong, the boy was wrong, and you are wrong. For shame.

Marriage Equality is coming and you can't stop it.

Sil is now equating a pedophiliac act between a 15 year old and a 4 year old with Harvey Milk and a 16 year old boy living with him. How true that "It turns out that what people do with the information is a statement about what they regard morally." Milk was wrong, the boy was wrong, and you are wrong. For shame.

I suppose marriage equality may be coming if you can convince the state you live in that anyone and everyone should be able to marry in any conceivable combination. Otherwise, you can't really call it properly marriage EQUALITY, can you?

Of course, we can, and we don't let your ilk define it according to your perverse natures. However, you are what you are.

Of course, we can, and we don't let your ilk define it according to your perverse natures. However, you are what you are.
No, of course not. You just want to define "Equality" to only mean gays. The law doesn't see equality that way though.

No, of course not. You just want to define "Equality" to only mean gays. The law doesn't see equality that way though.
Since we never say any such thing, you create a straw man and say we say it. :lol: Marriage Equality means two people of consenting age can marry, regardless of freaks like you who are afraid of other people. You and I have had similar experiences,I think, and you need to get over it.

Because they were both little, Steve? The boy was 14, the girl was 5. Big difference.
Nope. Like Lena, he was a juvenile according to the law.
So was Travon Martin.
It was a feral animal called a negro. He doesn't count as a homo sapien.
Steve, quit acting like a feral white chimp, and get on OP. This is about whether Oprah should be sued for acting morally and legally.

Since we never say any such thing, you create a straw man and say we say it. :lol: Marriage Equality means two people of consenting age can marry, regardless of freaks like you who are afraid of other people. You and I have had similar experiences,I think, and you need to get over it.
Why just two? Do you hate the children of polygamists who don't enjoy the benefits of their parents being married? Are you a bigot?

Why just two? Do you hate the children of polygamists who don't enjoy the benefits of their parents being married? Are you a bigot?
Another straw man from a bigot. Get over it, Sil. This will be legally over in a month and culturally over in a decade.

Marriage should not be a legal issue at all, marriage is a religious institution that has been adapted into a laws for insurance purposes as well as wills and healthcare, we can very easily create a system separate from the church for people who would like to be legally bound together, if the church wants to be ignorant than let it

Because they were both little, Steve? The boy was 14, the girl was 5. Big difference.
So was Travon Martin.
It was a feral animal called a negro. He doesn't count as a homo sapien.
I think I speak on behalf of all of the civilized world when I tell you to go fuck yourself and to never interact with anyone else again, also try to avoid being near any animals, they did not do anything wrong and should not have to suffer your presence either. You racist piece of shit.

I've never heard of Harvey Milk, nor Lena Dunham so I googled Lena and haven't gotten to Harvey Milk yet....And Lena was 7 yrs old when she examined her baby sister for eggs...she was not a juvenile, she was a CHILD.

Josh was 14 or 15....(Still not of the age of consent, which does mean his mind is not fully developed in consenting to having sex with an adult) but certainly much more developed in knowing right from wrong than a 7 year old girl who was just trying to understand what Mommy was teaching her about the body and where life begins.

Jake's right on all of this regarding how Rightwing Christians "protect their own" and crucify all others with condemnation as loud as they can scream and for long as they can scream...and yes, both sides do this, but NOTHING like the holier than thou so called Christians, on this board. (And maybe I notice it more with these so called Christians, because I am a Christian and feel they are giving Christianity a bad wrap, by their actions and behavior and it affects me and my Christianity, I dunno?)

Tell me Mr. Board Racist, and MISS/Mrs/Ms.Jeremiah....

If President Obama had a son that was 14 and he molested his two sisters while Obama was in the Whitehouse, and it was kept from the public and not reported to the police, or sent to professional counseling, but sent to a friends house to be reprimanded, and sent away to another mentor of sorts for a couple of months to correct him for his deeds, and brought to the Church/Jeremiah Wright's attention and counseled....And the son, asked for forgiveness and apologized....

Would the two of you and others, be singing the same lovely song you're singing for this Drugger family?

Last edited:
I always thought this family was a bit strange. Who in their right mind would have 20 kids anyway? That woman's uterus is going to fall out one of these days.

It's strange that they wouldn't have had him see a professional counselor and have a professional evaluation done. Weirdos.

Correction: "In Touch" appears to have outed the boy's juvenile record. So apply all the questions and responses thusly. Moderator can/should change the title etc to reflect who is responsible.

A stunning and very alarming report has emerged involving the Duggar family.

According to a recently uncovered police report,
Josh Duggar, one of the many stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, allegedly molested five girls — some of whom, were reportedly his sisters — starting in 2002. He was around 14 at the time...
So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. And the father went to the police with the information and put his son through that and counselling too. Family ashamed, hesitant as to what to do/how to handle this boy's surging hormones and the girls who engaged with him too.. What a shocker. Newsflash, 14 year old boy can't control himself, gets in trouble with father/police. Has to go to counseling.

This is a smear story, of course. One wonders who it was who dug into the boy's juvenile record. Aren't those supposed to be sealed? I wonder who could be behind dethroning someone fighting for traditional marriage?

This will destroy the otherwise wholesome show "19 Kids and Counting" in more than just killing it on TLC, it will sully Christianity forever in the minds of millions of viewers. And this of course was the ultimate goal.

Christians aren't perfect people. In fact, they come to the church and cling to it because they know precisely that they aren't perfect and wish to improve their lives day by day under the watchful eye of God. You might have heard sermons referring to everyone as "a sinner"? That's because that's the premise that the entire religion works off of.

Meanwhile yesterday was "Harvey Milk Day" in California where millions of school kids were forced to idolize a serial pervert who, aging into his 40s, was preying on young teen boys on drugs, runaways, one after the other in a fixed and untreated, unapologetic, even boastful sexuality that's celebrated by LGBTs (the wolf pack almost certainly behind the Oprah franchise that exposed Josh Duggar) "across the nation and the world"..

If I was the family, I'd sue the Oprah Winfrey enterprise that "broke the story" for destroying Josh Duggar's reputation for what he did and was punished for/put into rehabilitation for when he was a juvenile. I wonder what Oprah did as a juvenile and how would she react if it was used to completely destroy her financial enterprise?

This is a hit while the US Supreme Court deliberates the gay marriage question IMHO. As if two wrongs make a right. Or some orchestrated "logic" to "deduce" that if any Christian has sinned in their past, that automatically makes their religion ruined by association. You cannot become a Christian unless you are a sinner. It's the direction they want to head, not the achieved goal that matters. The direction the LGBT cult wants people to head is "why bother? Just do what feels good at the time no matter what". I'm sure they'd make excellent institutionally-blessed "parents".. Much better to place a child in a family that would never turn them into police for sexual experimentation than one who would..

Interesting how all this was spurred on. Read this (it's almost always an anonymous source when this stuff happens...particularly troubling when it comes to exposing people from a juvenile record):

At some point after Josh admitted the sexual abuse to his family, the police report states, a family friend apparently wrote a letter detailing the entire scandal, the family’s involvement, and the alleged victims. That letter was folded up and placed in a book, which was eventually loaned to a member of the Duggars’ church, who discovered the letter inside.

2006: A source only identified as “a 61-year-old woman” emails Harpo Studios ahead of the family’s scheduled appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show and “warns” producers about Josh’s alleged sexual misconduct. From inTouch: Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen Reports

So if I wanted to completely defame a juvenile (or use the juvenile record of a person to defame them as an adult) all I'd have to do is write to the Oprah Winfrey Show anonymously and "warn" them about alleged misconduct of the target (while he was 14 years old) and that's it: destruction complete!

Yep, I think she'd be suing ASAP. What would you do if it was your son? Or you as a 14 year old?

Wow- what a whole long post.

And not one comment objecting to the teenage boys molestation of girls.

Not one.

And its not defamation when its true- and Josh Duggar has admitted the truth.

I suppose marriage equality may be coming if you can convince the state you live in that anyone and everyone should be able to marry in any conceivable combination. Otherwise, you can't really call it properly marriage EQUALITY, can you?

We have voting equality- even though not every one can vote.

First white male land owners could vote- then white men, then black men, and then women.

Children still can't vote- some ex-felons can't vote, prisoners can't vote.

Is voting equal or unequal?

Was voting more equal or less equal after black men were able to vote?
Was voting more equal or less equal after women were able to vote?

Josh Duggar has no juvenile record to be unsealed, because he was never charged. So let's put that bit of fiction to rest. What has been brought to light is the allegations against him, which he has confirmed.

Oprah reported the allegations, which one is required by law, in most cases, to do. As a victim of child sexual abuse, do you honestly think she would do otherwise. Oprah did not publicize the allegations, or make them public in any way. So there are no grounds for a lawsuit against her for anything.

The Duggars would never had have made full disclosure had someone not publicized these things first.
So who publicized the allegations? If Oprah knew the statute of limitations were over then what purpose was it of hers to report it knowing it could be disasterous for the christian family in the publics eye knowing they have a new tv show? Lets face it. The blue gum negress wanted to publically destroy this family.

The 2006 police report was unearth by In Touch and a copy was mailed to Harpo Studios. Oprah cancelled the interview with the family and that's it.
The release of a juveniles police report is illegal. Who turned it over to 'In Touch' broke the law. Their should be an investigation into how the info was released.

I agree. This should be investigated as well.

Forum List

Back