Should the U.S. Negotiate With Terrorists?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
We did negotiate with terrorists for the traitor Bergdahl. But didnt negotiate with terrorists for the journalist Foley. What should U.S. policy be? Should we be committed to getting our own people back, or should we refuse because negotiating increases the odds of future incidents?
I truly don't know the answer here so a good subject for debate.

I think us supplying money to them should be nonnegotiable. Prisoner swaps? I'm not really sure.

The "Obama Team" seems to have done there best to pacify and legitimise the terrorists groups and countries across the globe. That strategy has failed yet many (Democrats/Liberals) would rather the terrorist come here before we respond....:splat:

well , I remember who did the negotiations for ' bergdoll ' and I don't know why i'd want to follow that guys example in the future . Its very bad about Mr. Foley and I suppose that he thought that his voluntary and risky work had value but was his news reports worth his life ?? Point is that he got himself in the predicament where he was killed . I always understood that the USA does not negotiate with terrorists and I like that way of doing business .

is capturing the same as kidnapping ? - the former, a captured soldier warrants negotiation, the latter will only escalate by paying a ransom.

No trial or court marshal yet as far as I know but everything so far about bergdoll is that he was a deserter BREEZEWOOD .

well that piece of shit berghdal was worth 5 mega taliban persons.

7 minutes of a man getting his head sawn off might wake up some on the left.

Nah. The left loved every minute of that man getting his head sawed off.

When they kill one of our hostages, I think we should execute one of their prized leaders that has had a trial and already found guilty awaiting execution. Just no more appeals. Do it. Perhaps two.

yeah TINYDANCER , I don't understand the left . 200 and some years and the USA has stood strong but I don't know about the future . The lefts attitudes and the lefts leaders make me wonder if they understand self preservation .

It would be interesting if we had a Rogue Group not affiliated with the US (supposedly) that would go and kidnap prized Taliban, ISIS, HAMAS or other terrorists, behead them and leave notes as warnings to leave westerners alone. The US could claim that they had no knowledge who they are but wish they would stop because America does not work that way. ;)

"Millions for defense but not one cent for tribute" was American policy dating back to Jefferson.

Always remember waterboarding is torture. A man sawing his knife thru your neck is just someone who is disenfranchised for his vote in the middle east.

The "Obama Team" seems to have done there best to pacify and legitimise the terrorists groups and countries across the globe. That strategy has failed yet many (Democrats/Liberals) would rather the terrorist come here before we respond....:splat:

3 Americans Killed, Contractor Injured In Roadside Blast In Afghanistan | HuffPost

What do you say now?

Violence has been relentless in Afghanistan even though Taliban militants have held several rounds of talks with U.S. officials about a peace settlement. The talks began late last year, raising hopes for an end to the conflict.

Forum List

Back