Should there be a transfer fee to every person sending money to their “home country” if they can’t prove they are here legally?

I dunno that the Sup Ct ever said we have to pay AFDC (or medical or housing) to a citizen not living here.
The payment does not go directly to mexico but to an address in the US through a schiester lawyer

Illegals aliens sent home $550 billion in 2019. if we were to levy a 30% transfer fee, the approximately $160 billion they and their children cost us would be covered. Shouldn’t illegals cover their own costs rather than saddle honest Americans with the billions of expense associated with them?

Well you and I pay a fee to send money. Have not done it recently so don't remember what it cost. That fee goes to the wire transfer company. The problem with your plan is that it would put the onus on the wire transfer company to determine citizenship. This would be costly and time consuming. You could levy a tax on all transfers leaving the country but that would penalize legitimate business outside the country. I would support this as it would give companies incentive to keep a larger share of their infrastructure here how ever the Republican partie would not go for it and be public about that opinion. The democrats would not go for it in private as they get their campaign money from the same companies that the Republicans do. Never happen as long as citizens united is alive and well. Not sure it would happen even if it wasn't. The reality is that profits of the one percent is more important to the government then yours and our concerns. It always has been and likely always will be.

And how is that to be established without me or you or anyone else having to prove we aren't?
That’s why we have to prove we are. It’s a small price to pay to ensure that illegals cover the $160 billion a year they cost us. In case you haven’t noticed, we are $30 trillion in debt. We can’t afford to cover the cost of illegals who broke into our country.

That’s why we have to prove we are.

Exactly, taking me right back to my original point. It's nobody's business who I am and why I am sending my money to someone else.

More big government from your "small government" conservatives.

Exactly, taking me right back to my original point. It's nobody's business who I am and why I am sending my money to someone else.

It is worth it to make illegals cover their own expenses. Why should we be forkimg over $160 billion a year, year in and year out? And with libs crying to give them more benefits - free health care! - the cost will go up even more.

The payment does not go directly to mexico but to an address in the US through a schiester lawyer
What can I say? theres tax fraud medicaid fraud. Miss's former, good baptist, governor is in some trouble, although the prosecutor is a protoge, for steering child foster care funds to cronies and looking for kickbacks. He's a former cop too. He's anti gay marriage anti abortion. Irony.

The feds should be able to take all the lawyers's property.

Last edited:

To be fair, I don't think the proponents on this board are small govt conservatives. So I don't see hypocrisy unless they claim to be so.

And I'm not a small govt conservative on most tax and spending, so long as the working class approve and vote for it.

We aren’t talking about foreign nationals living here legally. We are talking about people with no regard for American laws who have broken into our country. If they don’t like that they will be required to cover their own costs, rather than saddle honest people with it, then let them stay home.
Doesn't matter who they are even if it's an American citizen who was born and raised here. Sending money out of the country and away from the immediate economic loop bleeds wealth out of the nation. To compensate for that loss it would be fair and reasonable to take a percentage of it as a balance tax.

Attempts to send money out sbould be stopped, accounts frozen, until citizenship of sender proven and identity of recipient identified. If sender is illegal,track em down & deport them.

With all the crimes in this country, it is amazing the amount of effort conservatives spend harassing illegals

Kid massacres 4th of July parade

Conservatives…..What are we going to do about illegals?
chewing gum and walking isn’t hard for everyone….apparently just dembots like itself

Hmmm....havent heard that.
Ya got a link?
I see mexican news where mexican president lopez obrador has a press conference every morning. there is also a mexican news show in TeleVisa, a mexican tv channel. it is call EN Punto, the TV anchor is lady named Dennis Merker. on Wednesdays after the news show En Punto they have a roundtable discussion about current events . there are several news people participating in the discussion. Dennis Merker is one them. she is quiet smart.

I see mexican news where mexican president lopez obrador has a press conference every morning. there is also a mexican news show in TeleVisa, a mexican tv channel. it is call EN Punto, the TV anchor is lady named Dennis Merker. on Wednesdays after the news show En Punto they have a roundtable discussion about current events . there are several news people participating in the discussion. Dennis Merker is one them. she is quiet smart.

That wasn't helpful.

Forum List

Back