Should this fan be banned?

Ethos Logos Pathos

Dec 16, 2019
for attacking this NBA player, in a way, physically contrary to what the fan signed onto by accepting/agreeing to a courtside seat?

Could he just be pushing him back onto the court? A child giving him a hug puts out more exertion.

Kyle Lowry is being a cry baby if he is calling that push an attack. No physical harm was done, and if anything, that push simply helped him get back on his feet a little faster.

Outside of the stadium that fan would of gotten his ass kicked for that....

Kyle Lowry is being a cry baby if he is calling that push an attack. No physical harm was done, and if anything, that push simply helped him get back on his feet a little faster.

Maybe he is making it into too much of a big deal, but I do think that fan was out of line for putting his hands on Lowry. There should be a no tolerance policy for that by security

Not horrible

Looks like he is helping him up

Maybe he is making it into too much of a big deal, but I do think that fan was out of line for putting his hands on Lowry. There should be a no tolerance policy for that by security
Had Lowry not fallen into the fan's lap, I would agree with you.

that I think is irrelevant. If you have court side seats you should be prepared that players will chaise loose balls by diving into the stands. Looking at it again, I’m not sure whether the fan actually shoved him or was trying to help him back on the court.

Either way, I think Lowery overreacted

Idiom of Basketball.....No harm, no foul

that I think is irrelevant. If you have court side seats you should be prepared that players will chaise loose balls by diving into the stands. Looking at it again, I’m not sure whether the fan actually shoved him or was trying to help him back on the court.
Oh, I think it is extremely relevant. Don't complain that I touched you if you initiated physical contact by falling into my lap, accidentally or not. Had the fan punched Lowry or grabbed his private parts, I would agree with you. But that little push, no way.

Either way, I think Lowery overreacted

Idiom of Basketball.....No harm, no foul
Fans are abusive. Players are coached on that. Basketball to me as a fan would be a lower bowl of the stadium sport if I went to games. Affordability would factor in. But those seats are close! Sitting in the rafters is terrible. And tournaments where they play in football stadiums is a waste.

Oh, I think it is extremely relevant. Don't complain that I touched you if you initiated physical contact by falling into my lap, accidentally or not. Had the fan punched Lowry or grabbed his private parts, I would agree with you. But that little push, no way.

I would have to politely disagree with your take. Those tickets come with a disclaimer. Players diving into the stands is part of the game. You see it literally every game. When a basketball player is diving into the crowd he’s just doing his job. If you’re in the crowd and a player makes contact with you while trying to save a ball that doesn’t give you the right to push him.

I would have to politely disagree with your take. Those tickets come with a disclaimer. Players diving into the stands is part of the game. You see it literally every game. When a basketball player is diving into the crowd he’s just doing his job. If you’re in the crowd and a player makes contact with you while trying to save a ball that doesn’t give you the right to push him.
The push was a help up. It was not an act of aggression. Lowery is being a crybaby. If a player dives on a fan, there will be some incidental contact/touching regardless of some disclaimer on the ticket.

The push was a help up. It was not an act of aggression. Lowery is being a crybaby. If a player dives on a fan, there will be some incidental contact/touching regardless of some disclaimer on the ticket.

Also, the disclaimer probably states that the fan assumes risk of injury, not that he isn't allowed to touch a player that dives in his lap.

Last edited:
for attacking this NBA player, in a way, physically contrary to what the fan signed onto by accepting/agreeing to a courtside seat?

Wait wait.... "I don't know if I'll be able to control myself" Grow up. You landed on that guy to begin with. He didn't drive to your house or something. You landed on him.

Second, that "push" was barely anything. Yeah, he should not have done that.... but seriously grow up. This is why our prisons are full.

Adults control themselves. Toddlers are the ones "well he touched me with his pinky!" and scream and yell.

Seriously... time to man-up, and start acting like an adult. That was nothing.

I was expecting the fan to have thrown a punch, or something. That's it? A tiny shove? Good grief. Grow some balls. Can't handle the most insignificant things.

Also, the disclaimer probably states that the fan assumes risk of injury, not that he isn't allowed to touch a player that dives in his lap.

The precedent was set last year in the finals when a player was shoved. A year’s suspension was handed out. Now if you’re telling me it wasn’t an act of aggression I would tell you that you might be right. I’ve looked at it 3 times and haven’t formed a strong conclusion. If you’re telling me Lowry is overreacting to a small shove in the back, I would say I agree. Finally, if you’re saying even if it was a shove it’s justified by Lowry falling on the fan’s lap, that’s where I have to disagree. Players fall on the laps of people in the front row of every game without fans retaliating. Retaliating is not even the right word because for a player to fall in someone’s lap while saving a ball it’s not a physical attack, nor is it personal in any way.

The precedent was set last year in the finals when a player was shoved. A year’s suspension was handed out. Now if you’re telling me it wasn’t an act of aggression I would tell you that you might be right. I’ve looked at it 3 times and haven’t formed a strong conclusion. If you’re telling me Lowry is overreacting to a small shove in the back, I would say I agree. Finally, if you’re saying even if it was a shove it’s justified by Lowry falling on the fan’s lap, that’s where I have to disagree. Players fall on the laps of people in the front row of every game without fans retaliating. Retaliating is not even the right word because for a player to fall in someone’s lap while saving a ball it’s not a physical attack, nor is it personal in any way.
In my opinion, Lowry was not physically attacked. The push may have not been good manners, but it was definitely not an attack.

In my opinion, Lowry was not physically attacked. The push may have not been good manners, but it was definitely not an attack.

that’s fair.

Forum List

Back