Should Vietnam War Soldiers Statues Be Removed ?

This thread is offensive. The mere idea that tearing down monuments and memorials to Vietnam Veterans is offensive. That the idea is being used to support and the independent political issue regarding memorials and monuments of confederate leaders and soldiers through legislative action being taken down makes it even more offensive.

The confederates stole military installations and weapons from the United States. The Union soldiers were defending the United States of America from being dissolved into smaller nations who would have never accomplished what we have accomplished.

The confederates fought against the US military. They even started the war. The first shots fired were fired on Fort Sumter by the confederates.

Pheeeew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head) :rolleyes:

Ridiculous rubbish. The Union guys traveled south to attack the southerners. The southerners defended their turf.

Liberal Disease – Just Think It To Be True

The democrats fired on a U.S. military installation.......that started the war...

This thread is offensive. The mere idea that tearing down monuments and memorials to Vietnam Veterans is offensive. That the idea is being used to support and the independent political issue regarding memorials and monuments of confederate leaders and soldiers through legislative action being taken down makes it even more offensive.
It's NOT suggesting that Vietnam memorials be torn down. It is exposing the hypocrisy of those who wish to tear down statues of defensive, valid war fighters, but are OK with memorials of offensive, invalid war fighters. Get it ?

AND >>>>
images

It's NOT suggesting that Vietnam memorials be torn down. It is exposing the hypocrisy of those who wish to tear down statues of defensive, valid war fighters, but are OK with memorials of offensive, invalid war fighters. Get it ?
You just called Vietnam Veterans "invalid warfighters" while defending yourself from being offensive.

Come on guys. As with all wars, none are truly won, but very few are lost. That The United States are in a better and more advanced state today is a fact! A fact that both North and South wanted. It matters not what the facts at the time of End of Conflict means, wars are based on final outcomes. And another simple fact is both the United States and the Confederacy got what they wanted. The same with Viet Nam, they wanted independence and they got it. There can be no disputing that. Wars are a tool of last resort and are the final arbitration and work of administrators, and for the most part get the job done. Put the issue to rest. Win, lose, or draw, it is resolved!

As I have stated before, as a young lad of 6 I spoke with a Union soldier in southern Ohio. He was a grand, but old, Union soldier. He took no pride in the war and would not discus whether he had killed. But he took time to put his cap and ball rifle, he carried, a heavy bastard, above his wood burning fire place, which was burning at the time. He was neither shamed or at odds with what had taken place. He was my Grand Grand Father a couple times over. I spoke with him but once, and he had tears in his eyes. He had killed! I realized what it means while in Viet Nam, and I also have tears in my eyes as I realized how many I have killed. To numerous to count. You see I was the provider of the Big Bullets, the 8 inch, the 175 mm, the 155mm and the 105mm ammunition. And hundreds of thousands of tons were expended all over Viet Nam. Ask any artillery man, "how many have you killed today"? Nuff said! So now, as Airborne Infantry, Ordnance and Artillery, I rest my case. I have been there and done that and do not want any part of it, again, but will if called upon to do so. Why, I love these United States despite their history and "causes" My Oath at Enlistment was my personal bond with this rout step country and my oath means everything to me and "all" of you!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back