Should Vietnam War Soldiers Statues Be Removed ?

a bit like hamas naming schools after suicide bombers and terrorists

only their war is stilling on

the south lost

These statues should stay up, to remind people that the democrat party chose to go to war to keep black human beings as slaves.

Here.....learn a little something........a quick history of the Vietnam War by Victor Davis Hanson...

This guy doesn't have a clue about why the Vietnam War was fought. Yeah. I know what he says. I know exactly what he says. HE'S WRONG.

Not once in his ignorant babbling, did he mention the name DIEM, the Geneva Conference of 1954, or Diem's refusal to hold the free/open election (1956) that would have provided democracy in Vietnam.

a bit like hamas naming schools after suicide bombers and terrorists

only their war is stilling on

the south lost
Hamas is not fighting a defensive war. They are the aggressors and terrorists.

Civil was was not defensive either

Confederacy attacked and captures Fort Sumter. The south threw the first punch.

If you begin a fight, how are you the victim and crying defense?

trying to pull a kathy griffin??????

This question is asked of those who think it’s proper to remove statues of Confederate army soldiers. The confederates fought a defensive war against a foe, that traveled long distances on foot and horseback, to attack the Confederates on their home ground. They fought against a Union army that was shooting at them, blowing up their buildings, and burning down their bridges, churches, etc.

In contrast, the Vietnam War soldiers fought an offensive war, in which they traveled thousands of miles to attack an “enemy” who actually wasn’t an enemy. They shot at and bombed people who had not attacked us, or even threatened us verbally.

It looks like the Confederates, fighting defensively, had a more valid cause to fight than the Vietnam War soldiers fighting offensively – against people who never attacked us.

So if one could call for a Confederate soldier statue to be removed, could they support removal of Vietnam War soldiers’ statues and monuments ? Would they ?

Here.....learn a little something........a quick history of the Vietnam War by Victor Davis Hanson...

of the National Review Institute

Hate to tell you this, but the black racists (Obama, Sharpton, Holder, Jackson, Lynch, etc) have ALREADY LOST. You didn't notice ?

Uh, Guy, Trump won't last out a year, and Pence is a buffoon. If this is the best you've got, you might want to work on your racial tolerance before we send you out for "adjustment".. heh, heh, heh...

NO, you are NOT "sure". You in fact are quite clueless. But have no fear. You have me here now, to give you the knowledge you are obviously lacking. If you choose to ignore it, and blindly bluster whatever you feel, you have that right.

Okay, buddy, you have yet to provide proof that there were all these people inbreeding up in the mountains who didn't know black people were a thing. Let me know when you can prove that, 'kay?

As for the LOL "undocumented workers" you mention >> To call an illegal alien an "undocumented worker", is about equivalent to calling a bank robber an >> informal withdrawal agent

Uh, guy, the thing is, there would be no undocumented workers if WHITE PEOPLE didn't hire them to pick lettuce, nanny their kids, help them hang drywall and clean their toilets.. Illegals exist because rich white people don't want to pay poor white (and black) people to do unpleasent jobs.

So you can whine about them being here "illegally" all day, but you should probably have a discussion with the people who keep inviting them.

Everything must go.

landscape-1445357874-asteroid-getty.jpg

Hate to tell you this, but the black racists (Obama, Sharpton, Holder, Jackson, Lynch, etc) have ALREADY LOST. You didn't notice ?

Uh, Guy, Trump won't last out a year, and Pence is a buffoon. If this is the best you've got, you might want to work on your racial tolerance before we send you out for "adjustment".. heh, heh, heh...

NO, you are NOT "sure". You in fact are quite clueless. But have no fear. You have me here now, to give you the knowledge you are obviously lacking. If you choose to ignore it, and blindly bluster whatever you feel, you have that right.

Okay, buddy, you have yet to provide proof that there were all these people inbreeding up in the mountains who didn't know black people were a thing. Let me know when you can prove that, 'kay?

As for the LOL "undocumented workers" you mention >> To call an illegal alien an "undocumented worker", is about equivalent to calling a bank robber an >> informal withdrawal agent

Uh, guy, the thing is, there would be no undocumented workers if WHITE PEOPLE didn't hire them to pick lettuce, nanny their kids, help them hang drywall and clean their toilets.. Illegals exist because rich white people don't want to pay poor white (and black) people to do unpleasent jobs.

So you can whine about them being here "illegally" all day, but you should probably have a discussion with the people who keep inviting them.
Libturds,always playing the race card.

Libturds,always playing the race card.
Uh, that would, guy, be you.

Fighting against a powerful invading force, like the colonists of the 1770’s against the British, these valiant, Southern noble, self-defense warriors should have statues of themselves gracing American public parks, as far north as Alaska.

Naw, they should be ripped down and replaced with plaques commemorating those who suffered under slavery.

These statues should stay up, to remind people that the democrat party chose to go to war to keep black human beings as slaves.

Here, wait, you got that wrong. Let me FIX that for you.

"These statues should stay up, to remind people that CONSERVATIVES chose to go to war to keep black human beings as slaves."

Much better

Vietnam? Do you also want to tear down the memorial wall?

How long before the RWNJs attack WWII memorials? Or the people themselves?

After all, their orange leader has declared that POWs are not heroes so it's pretty likely he'd be in favor of attacking all military and vets.

Oh wait, they already are, by cutting pay, medical care, basic rights, benefits etc.

All because the RWNJs hate the US.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Quick.....you better tell President Hilary that Trump won't last the year...after all, she was going to win by double digits and Trump was just going to get tired and quit.....

Here, wait, you got that wrong. Let me FIX that for you.

"These statues should stay up, to remind people that CONSERVATIVES chose to go to war to keep black human beings as slaves."

Much better

Nope.....I know, I know you want to lie about the meaning of the word Conservative and make it seem as if democrats who owned slaves are the same as Modern American conservatives......you are fucking mope.....

Democrats were the ones who owned the slaves....and fought the civil war to keep them....Modern American Conservatives support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights....which is against slavery.....

Keep trying to lie about democrats though...the truth, the facts, and the reality always come out....

Republicans won the war, and freed the slaves...the democrats owned slaves before the war, fought the war to keep them and have spent every day since finding new ways to make more people their slaves....

Nope.....I know, I know you want to lie about the meaning of the word Conservative and make it seem as if democrats who owned slaves are the same as Modern American conservatives......

Um, guy. The thing is, wanting to keep a bad institution because we always had it is the rock bottom definition of "conservatism".

They wanted to keep slaves because they have always had slaves and they couldn't imagine a world without slavery.

In short, Conservatism.

Confederate soldier statues should be among the monuments in Washington DC, such as the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson Memorial.

The statues could be placed alongside the monuments honoring both Southern (Virginia) presidents.

confederate-soldier-statue-ruth-housley.jpg

istock_000005195981_small.jpg

DentonConMon4.jpg

Any statue of a honoring a confederate soldier/statesman that isn't in a museum should be destroyed immediately.

It was not a defensive battle on the part of the confederates. It was a defensive battle by the Union soldiers defending the Union and the United States of America from traitors.

The South did not travel to the North to fight. It was the North that traveled to the South to fight the Southerners. And theirs was not a defensive battle ?

Pheeeew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head) :rolleyes:

I don't know how this picture of Jeff Sessions got in here. Wasn't supposed to be. Just disregard.

The confederates stole military installations and weapons from the United States. The Union soldiers were defending the United States of America from being dissolved into smaller nations who would have never accomplished what we have accomplished.

The confederates fought against the US military. They even started the war. The first shots fired were fired on Fort Sumter by the confederates.

How in the hell do you know what they had heard of or knew?? Care to post a link for that claim? And the mountain southerners were an extreme minority as far as the numbers of the confederate military. If you are hanging your hopes of keeping the statues on the ignorance of the soldiers from the mountains, you have already lost.

Oh wait, you HAVE already lost.
Sorry Mr Liberal, but I don't subscribe to the liberal >> you have to have a link (to some liberal source) school of thought. I come from the knowledge gained from LIFE.

I lived in the southern mountains for 3 years (Asheville, NC & Knoxville, TN). As a bluegrass musician, I met hundreds of southern mountain people and their families. They have a deep regard for their ancestry and heritage, and they know the history of their family members dating all the way back to the Revolutionary war days. THAT is how the hell I know it, Mr Link.

And, Mr Wrong, no, the southern mountain folk were certainly NOT an extreme minority among those who fought against Union invaders. They, as well as any other Southerners fought those who attacked them, and they were good with a rifle. And we're talking about large areas of 8 states.

Back to the drawing board for you.

Oh please. Spare me the bullshit. YOu made the claim that the mountain people did not know about slavery or had never even heard of it. That is bullshit. And that is the reason you cannot provide a link.

Oh, and it is not a liberal idea that your claims need to be backed up by documented facts. But given your stance on numerous topics, I can see why you would want to avoid having to prove anything.

And just as an FYI, you meeting people as a bluegrass musician in the 20th (and 21st) century and talking to them does not constitute any sort of evidence as to what people in the 1850s and 1860s did or did not know.

And yes, the isolated mountain people you are talking about were a small minority of the fight force of the confederacy. Yes, they were good with a rifle. But then, most southerners were good with a rifle, since that was how many of them provided meat for their table.

Elect different people and live someplace with a large majority of white people who sympathize with the confederacy.

But elected officials and the vocal majority want them gone. You lose.
Even in areas with majority of blacks, whites can display statues on their own land. Flags too. And they do. Even in northern states. And by far, the great majority of localities across America, are not black majority.
YOU lose. :biggrin:

I lose? Really? This topic is about statues of confederate soldiers being removed. Are they being removed? Yep.

Forum List

Back