Should Vietnam War Soldiers Statues Be Removed ?

No, I am not missing anything you haven't said a dozen times already.
So now that we have firmly established that Southern Civil War fighters (soldier & civilian) exemplified the admirable honor of the American spirit, we should therefore have statues of these heroes in every public square in America.

The honor of the soldiers is not in question. The fact that they fought against the USA and fought to preserve the ability to own other human beings is the issue.

The confederates stole military installations and weapons from the United States. The Union soldiers were defending the United States of America from being dissolved into smaller nations who would have never accomplished what we have accomplished.

The confederates fought against the US military. They even started the war. The first shots fired were fired on Fort Sumter by the confederates.

Pheeeew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head) :rolleyes:

Ridiculous rubbish. The Union guys traveled south to attack the southerners. The southerners defended their turf.

Liberal Disease – Just Think It To Be True

Oh please. Spare me the bullshit. YOu made the claim that the mountain people did not know about slavery or had never even heard of it. That is bullshit. And that is the reason you cannot provide a link.

Oh, and it is not a liberal idea that your claims need to be backed up by documented facts. But given your stance on numerous topics, I can see why you would want to avoid having to prove anything.

And just as an FYI, you meeting people as a bluegrass musician in the 20th (and 21st) century and talking to them does not constitute any sort of evidence as to what people in the 1850s and 1860s did or did not know.

And yes, the isolated mountain people you are talking about were a small minority of the fight force of the confederacy. Yes, they were good with a rifle. But then, most southerners were good with a rifle, since that was how many of them provided meat for their table.
Oh but I DID provide a link. I provided MY kind of link that you, as a liberal, do not recognize (Not My Problem)

And I DID prove it. Just not in YOUR way of providing "proof" (some liberal think tank, university, or media "study")

I explained how my meeting people as a bluegrass musician in the 20th (and 21st) century and talking to them constitutes evidence - if you choose to not accept it, no problem.

As for the isolated mountain people being (you say) a "small minority" of the fight force, that doesn't seem likely, when we're talking about large sections of 8 STATES. That's pretty good evidence. In contrast, you showed zero evidence to back up your claim. (or perhaps "bullshit" ? maybe) :biggrin:

I lose? Really? This topic is about statues of confederate soldiers being removed. Are they being removed? Yep.

Are they being removed ? FOR THE MOST PART >> NOPE.

And they’re not only in the Deep South: they are also in border states that fought with the Union (like Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia and Maryland);

AND in Union states, including Massachusetts, Iowa and Pennsylvania; and states that in 1861 were mere territories, such as Montana, Arizona and Oklahoma.

Confederate monuments, more than 700 across USA, aren't budging

Last edited:
The honor of the soldiers is not in question. The fact that they fought against the USA and fought to preserve the ability to own other human beings is the issue.
TO YOU, it's the issue. To me, and millions of other Americans, the honor of the soldiers is EXACTLY the issue.

Next to the Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial would be a good place for them (Note: Washington & Jefferson both were Southerners) :biggrin:

Vietnam? Do you also want to tear down the memorial wall?

How long before the RWNJs attack WWII memorials? Or the people themselves?

After all, their orange leader has declared that POWs are not heroes so it's pretty likely he'd be in favor of attacking all military and vets.

Oh wait, they already are, by cutting pay, medical care, basic rights, benefits etc.

All because the RWNJs hate the US.

I'm not in favor of removing Vietnam memorials. I'm just pointing out your HYPOCRISY, but you're too blind to get it. :rolleyes:

Oh please. Spare me the bullshit. YOu made the claim that the mountain people did not know about slavery or had never even heard of it. That is bullshit. And that is the reason you cannot provide a link.

Oh, and it is not a liberal idea that your claims need to be backed up by documented facts. But given your stance on numerous topics, I can see why you would want to avoid having to prove anything.

And just as an FYI, you meeting people as a bluegrass musician in the 20th (and 21st) century and talking to them does not constitute any sort of evidence as to what people in the 1850s and 1860s did or did not know.

And yes, the isolated mountain people you are talking about were a small minority of the fight force of the confederacy. Yes, they were good with a rifle. But then, most southerners were good with a rifle, since that was how many of them provided meat for their table.
Oh but I DID provide a link. I provided MY kind of link that you, as a liberal, do not recognize (Not My Problem)

And I DID prove it. Just not in YOUR way of providing "proof" (some liberal think tank, university, or media "study")

I explained how my meeting people as a bluegrass musician in the 20th (and 21st) century and talking to them constitutes evidence - if you choose to not accept it, no problem.

As for the isolated mountain people being (you say) a "small minority" of the fight force, that doesn't seem likely, when we're talking about large sections of 8 STATES. That's pretty good evidence. In contrast, you showed zero evidence to back up your claim. (or perhaps "bullshit" ? maybe) :biggrin:

What you provided was anecdotal evidence. In other words, your story. Not actual evidence of anything. You may have met a lot of people, but how often did they talk about what their ancestors knew of slavery? How many people told you that their great-grandparents knew nothing of slaves?

Quick.....you better tell President Hilary that Trump won't last the year...after all, she was going to win by double digits and Trump was just going to get tired and quit.....
We'll take a poll on whether Hilary should be confined to a federal prison, or a mental institution. :rolleyes:

Vietnam? Do you also want to tear down the memorial wall?

How long before the RWNJs attack WWII memorials? Or the people themselves?

After all, their orange leader has declared that POWs are not heroes so it's pretty likely he'd be in favor of attacking all military and vets.

Oh wait, they already are, by cutting pay, medical care, basic rights, benefits etc.

All because the RWNJs hate the US.

I'm not in favor of removing Vietnam memorials. I'm just pointing out your HYPOCRISY, but you're too blind to get it. :rolleyes:

There us no comparison. The Vietnam vets fought as the US Military. The confederates fought against the US Military.

Go to England and tell us how many statues there are of American Revolutionary War soldiers.

Sure they should be torn down and obliterated, not simply removed! I am a Viet Nam vet and I have been all but obliterated by my own people, why not statues?

This question is asked of those who think it’s proper to remove statues of Confederate army soldiers. The confederates fought a defensive war against a foe, that traveled long distances on foot and horseback, to attack the Confederates on their home ground. They fought against a Union army that was shooting at them, blowing up their buildings, and burning down their bridges, churches, etc.

In contrast, the Vietnam War soldiers fought an offensive war, in which they traveled thousands of miles to attack an “enemy” who actually wasn’t an enemy. They shot at and bombed people who had not attacked us, or even threatened us verbally.

It looks like the Confederates, fighting defensively, had a more valid cause to fight than the Vietnam War soldiers fighting offensively – against people who never attacked us.

So if one could call for a Confederate soldier statue to be removed, could they support removal of Vietnam War soldiers’ statues and monuments ? Would they ?

Confederate soldiers were traitors

What you provided was anecdotal evidence. In other words, your story. Not actual evidence of anything. You may have met a lot of people, but how often did they talk about what their ancestors knew of slavery? How many people told you that their great-grandparents knew nothing of slaves?

Just because it doesn't fit your liberal "Study" definition of proof, means nothing, except that you are embedded in that programming. As for that....Not My Problem :biggrin:

And you really think we all are willing to acquiesce to your definition of "proof" ? A study from some liberal source ? Back to the drawing board for you. :rolleyes:

This may disrupt you whole foundation about proof, coming from your college MISeducation system, but anectdotal is only a bad word to liberals, who are programmed to reject it, and to be confined to liberal "sources"

I'm busy now with REAL posters and REAL posts.

Just because it doesn't fit your liberal "Study" definition of proof, means nothing, except that you are embedded in that programming. As for that....Not My Problem :biggrin:

And you really think we all are willing to acquiesce to your definition of "proof" ? A study from some liberal source ? Back to the drawing board for you. :rolleyes:

This may disrupt you whole foundation about proof, coming from your college MISeducation system, but anectdotal is only a bad word to liberals, who are programmed to reject it, and to be confined to liberal "sources"

I'm busy now with REAL posters and REAL posts.

The rules of what is or is not actual evidence is not a liberal concept. Your claims of conversations are meaningless in a debate setting. Look up "Logical Fallacies". That might help educate you.

I did not find anything "offensive" about Viet Nam or the war. We were asked to involvement by a standing nation, South Vietnam. They asked for help and got it. The invading North Vietnam Army was the aggressor under cover of a bunch of non combatants called Viet Cong. This action also was called a fight for independence. So set the stage properly and then voice opinion which is your stand based upon fact. Yes, America was itching for a fight, a fight based on freedom, and we won that fight at the cost of a WAR! Look at Viet Nam today and please convince me it was a lost cause? We talk daily with a young lady from Hanoi. If that is a losing effort, then continue to "crow" your line.

Forum List

Back