Should Vietnam War Soldiers Statues Be Removed ?

I have huge issues with the entire Vietnam War. We should not have been there at all. But those who went did so in service of their country. The confederates stole from the US and raised arms against the US when the US military came to bring them back into the United States of America.
Try reading the thread before you post. You're missing a lot.

No, I am not missing anything you haven't said a dozen times already.

The declarations of secession of numerous states clearly stated that it was about slavery. The constitution of the CSA stated that it was about slavery. The most famous proof is the speech given by none other than the vice president of the CSA stating that slavery was the cornerstone of the new nation. The fact that men fought who did not own slaves does not change that. The fear mongers kept them agitated by saying Lincoln would make teh slaves equals. They told them that the slaves would take their jobs and their women. They believed them.
No matter what it "was about" to the politicians, to many, if not most, of the southern fighters, it was just about someone was attacking them and their community.

They (the mountain southerners) could not have believed anything about slaves, because they knew nothing at all about slavery, never heard of it, and never saw a slave in their whole lives. You don't know what you're talking about, and somebody has fed you a bad line.

How in the hell do you know what they had heard of or knew?? Care to post a link for that claim? And the mountain southerners were an extreme minority as far as the numbers of the confederate military. If you are hanging your hopes of keeping the statues on the ignorance of the soldiers from the mountains, you have already lost.

Oh wait, you HAVE already lost.

You mean the one white people are going to lose?
Hate to tell you this, but the black racists (Obama, Sharpton, Holder, Jackson, Lynch, etc) have ALREADY LOST. You didn't notice ?

images
upload_2017-6-3_12-3-45.jpeg

It was not a defensive battle on the part of the confederates. It was a defensive battle by the Union soldiers defending the Union and the United States of America from traitors.

The South did not travel to the North to fight. It was the North that traveled to the South to fight the Southerners. And theirs was not a defensive battle ?

Pheeeew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head) :rolleyes:

I don't know how this picture of Jeff Sessions got in here. Wasn't supposed to be. Just disregard.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-3_12-9-30.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-3_12-9-30.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 23
How in the hell do you know what they had heard of or knew?? Care to post a link for that claim? And the mountain southerners were an extreme minority as far as the numbers of the confederate military. If you are hanging your hopes of keeping the statues on the ignorance of the soldiers from the mountains, you have already lost.

Oh wait, you HAVE already lost.
Sorry Mr Liberal, but I don't subscribe to the liberal >> you have to have a link (to some liberal source) school of thought. I come from the knowledge gained from LIFE.

I lived in the southern mountains for 3 years (Asheville, NC & Knoxville, TN). As a bluegrass musician, I met hundreds of southern mountain people and their families. They have a deep regard for their ancestry and heritage, and they know the history of their family members dating all the way back to the Revolutionary war days. THAT is how the hell I know it, Mr Link.

And, Mr Wrong, no, the southern mountain folk were certainly NOT an extreme minority among those who fought against Union invaders. They, as well as any other Southerners fought those who attacked them, and they were good with a rifle. And we're talking about large areas of 8 states.

Back to the drawing board for you.

Uh, guy, I'm sure that even the most backward-ass, inbred Southerner knew slavery was a thing. The problem was, most of them were horrified at the thought that a black man might be free to have sex with his daughter. They might not have had shit, but they were always happy to know someone has less.

Come to think of it, I think this is what motivates jackasses like you who hate on undocumented workers.

Okay, very few people lived in the mountain areas fucking their sibling then or now. So um, no, that one doesn't fly. Again, these dumb fucks do what dumb fucks do in the South Today- Hate on brown people who are in the same boat they are in.

THIS is why we need to tear down ALL the statues. To show you get no honor for being racist.
NO, you are NOT "sure". You in fact are quite clueless. But have no fear. You have me here now, to give you the knowledge you are obviously lacking. If you choose to ignore it, and blindly bluster whatever you feel, you have that right.

As for the LOL "undocumented workers" you mention >> To call an illegal alien an "undocumented worker", is about equivalent to calling a bank robber an >> informal withdrawal agent :laugh:

PS - Your BIGOTRY against 90 million Americans is now documented.

I am no more and no less troubled with Confederate monuments as I would be with monuments to honor Mexicans that fought in the Mexican-American War taking place just 15 years before the Civil War. Likewise with their descendants waving their flags.
Their descendants waving their flags inside the US, are in large part illegal alien invaders. ICE should be there to arrest these creeps every time they show up, and burn their filthy flags of a country that is our #1 enemy in the world.

That is loony tunes. Looming race war? Are you really that far right, Henry? Your white neighbors will put stop to any effort by you immediately. And I am sure LEO has you on record if you are making goofy statements like that.
US race war isn't "looming". It came (2009) and went (2016) with Obama, Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, and all the other race hustlers, and the riots they instigated, mayors they threatened, and police they demonized.

Elect different people and live someplace with a large majority of white people who sympathize with the confederacy.

But elected officials and the vocal majority want them gone. You lose.
Even in areas with majority of blacks, whites can display statues on their own land. Flags too. And they do. Even in northern states. And by far, the great majority of localities across America, are not black majority.
YOU lose. :biggrin:

No, I am not missing anything you haven't said a dozen times already.
So now that we have firmly established that Southern Civil War fighters (soldier & civilian) exemplified the admirable honor of the American spirit, we should therefore have statues of these heroes in every public square in America.

Elect different people and live someplace with a large majority of white people who sympathize with the confederacy.

But elected officials and the vocal majority want them gone. You lose.
Even in areas with majority of blacks, whites can display statues on their own land. Flags too. And they do. Even in northern states. And by far, the great majority of localities across America, are not black majority.
YOU lose. :biggrin:
Says the loser. The white majority want the statues housed, curated, and exhibited in museums, not on courthouse lawns or city centers.

THIS is why we need to tear down ALL the statues. To show you get no honor for being racist.

Fighting against a powerful invading force, like the colonists of the 1770’s against the British, these valiant, Southern noble, self-defense warriors should have statues of themselves gracing American public parks, as far north as Alaska.

In fact there ARE statues of Confederate soldiers in northern states right now, as all of America recognizes the noble heroism of the Southern defenders. Examples abound >>> they are in border states that fought with the Union (like Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia and Maryland); in Union states, including Massachusetts, Iowa and Pennsylvania; and states that in 1861 were mere territories, such as Montana, Arizona, and Oklahoma.

And they’re still cropping up: The establishment of Confederate monuments, which crested between 1900 and 1930, and again during the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, didn’t end with the 20th century.

Their numbers actually have been increasing. In North Carolina, for instance, 35 monuments have been added since 2000, according to a University of North Carolina survey. One, dedicated in Mitchell County in 2011, commemorates 79 men “who died for their freedom and independence.’’ And not for slavery.

636310504639675973-XXX-Montana-Confederate-Memorial-194.JPG

Confederate monuments, more than 700 across USA, aren't budging

protectionist is wrong and remains wrong on this fallacy of false equivalency.

The USSC requires that the confederate statues be removed from public spaces.

This question is asked of those who think it’s proper to remove statues of Confederate army soldiers. The confederates fought a defensive war against a foe, that traveled long distances on foot and horseback, to attack the Confederates on their home ground. They fought against a Union army that was shooting at them, blowing up their buildings, and burning down their bridges, churches, etc.

In contrast, the Vietnam War soldiers fought an offensive war, in which they traveled thousands of miles to attack an “enemy” who actually wasn’t an enemy. They shot at and bombed people who had not attacked us, or even threatened us verbally.

It looks like the Confederates, fighting defensively, had a more valid cause to fight than the Vietnam War soldiers fighting offensively – against people who never attacked us.

So if one could call for a Confederate soldier statue to be removed, could they support removal of Vietnam War soldiers’ statues and monuments ? Would they ?

Here.....learn a little something........a quick history of the Vietnam War by Victor Davis Hanson...

Here.....learn a little something........a quick history of the Vietnam War by Victor Davis Hanson...

I don't need to read about the Vietnam War. I lived through the period, and served in the US Army in 1964 & 1965.
I could be the writer of this myself.

Confederate soldier statues should be among the monuments in Washington DC, such as the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson Memorial.

The statues could be placed alongside the monuments honoring both Southern (Virginia) presidents.

confederate-soldier-statue-ruth-housley.jpg

istock_000005195981_small.jpg

DentonConMon4.jpg

Last edited:
a bit like hamas naming schools after suicide bombers and terrorists

only their war is stilling on

the south lost

Forum List

Back