Should we put nukes in South Korea?

I'd really like to hear your fantasy about how that would happen.

We have military stationed in Japan too. It would not take us long to reinforce SK with American military if they were attacked, which they wouldn't be because Kim knows he would be defeated and executed, and he doesn't want that.

Really? How many Army combat brigades are stationed in Japan? How many Marine divisions?

I do agree that nothing will happen because Kim is smart enough to know he would not live to see the results of his mistake.

I'm not saying in 12 hours we could undo a full pullout. I'm saying within 12 hours military forces with American flags on it would be fucking up North Korea's WW2 tech military.

The unnamed impediment to US-NK nuclear negotiations is China, which views NK as a potential bargaining chip in its own negotiatons with the US. Without China's concurrence, NK has little reason to give up its nukes.

The only way to get China to support denuclearizing NK is to turn the tables on them by placing nuclear missiles in SK that are capable of reaching China itself. Just as the Soviets removed their nuclear missiles from Eastern Europe after Reagan ordered ours to be placed in Western Europe, the Chinese would come to the same conclusion about NK.

After all, SK is a lot closed to China that NK is to the US. Thoughts?
You don't think they're there already? :71:

no, they are not
Sure....:71:

Kims Wong Short can be removed with a plastique basketball. His buck toofed followers will take a job at Walmart.Problem over.
OH. Package the BB in a box for Dennis Rodman to take as a friendship gift.
Make sure the cameras are running when the lid opens

The unnamed impediment to US-NK nuclear negotiations is China, which views NK as a potential bargaining chip in its own negotiatons with the US. Without China's concurrence, NK has little reason to give up its nukes.

The only way to get China to support denuclearizing NK is to turn the tables on them by placing nuclear missiles in SK that are capable of reaching China itself. Just as the Soviets removed their nuclear missiles from Eastern Europe after Reagan ordered ours to be placed in Western Europe, the Chinese would come to the same conclusion about NK.

Umm, that would certainly be interesting. Comparable to a game of Russian Roluette or bungee jumping when you are 7'5 and you hope they considered the height of people like yourself when they made the rope.

Also, I thought it was the U.S that removed nukes from Turkey when Russia left Cuba? Regardless, I think if N Korea isn't going to denuke, before you send nukes there and risk a nuclear war before they are even in place, I would suggest a sit down with China and let them know, "he is removed from office along with the nukes, or we have no choice but to remove him".

CHina has a great deal to lose if N Korea doesn't make nice. They think they can keep squeezing Trump, but if he remains stubborn, he will succeed.
i agree with you, shocked. China has more complicated issues with our president. Best to make nice with China and pressure them on NK.

We now have missles capable of delivering a nuclear war head at 13000 miles per hour. Getting close with them is not what it use to be. That being said I would be supprised if we did not already have them in the area at least on subs. If you have ever played civ on steam you will find that the good players that make it to the modern age typically have as many nuclear subs running around the board as they can afford to cary. I would imagine this mirrors real life strategy. Telling th enemy of this strategy is just saber rattling they are likely to say to them selves "thanks for telling me what I already knew".

Umm, that would certainly be interesting. Comparable to a game of Russian Roluette or bungee jumping when you are 7'5 and you hope they considered the height of people like yourself when they made the rope.

Also, I thought it was the U.S that removed nukes from Turkey when Russia left Cuba? Regardless, I think if N Korea isn't going to denuke, before you send nukes there and risk a nuclear war before they are even in place, I would suggest a sit down with China and let them know, "he is removed from office along with the nukes, or we have no choice but to remove him".

CHina has a great deal to lose if N Korea doesn't make nice. They think they can keep squeezing Trump, but if he remains stubborn, he will succeed.

1. Placing nuclear missiles in SK is comparable to NATO's deployment of Pershing missiles in West Germany after Soviet deployment of the SS-20 in East Germany in the 1980's. As a result, the SS-20 missiles were removed.

2. The fact that the US agreed to remove its nukes from Turkey in the 1960's only after the Soviets started placing theirs in Cuba merely reinforces my point.

3. What, exactly, does China have to lose if N Korea doesn't "make nice?"

P.S. "Sit downs" don't work unless they are predicated on actions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back