Should your neighborhood be controlled by people you elect or by the Federal Government?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
In effect, AFFH gives the federal government a lever to re-engineer nearly every American neighborhood — imposing a preferred racial and ethnic composition, densifying housing, transportation, and business development in suburb and city alike, and weakening or casting aside the authority of local governments over core responsibilities, from zoning to transportation to education.
New Housing Rule Puts the Federal Government In Your Neighborhood... Literally - Aaron Bandler

In other words, you will never again be able to choose what type of neighborhood you want to live in.
For example Section 8 housing will be built in neighborhoods with million dollar homes.
Is this one more example of the Federal government getting involved from womb to tomb Americans' lives?

The best solution to this it to get a ground game going and get rid of the fucking liberal philosophy.
Post flyers on doors in your neighborhoods. Posting it here solves nothing sadly

The best solution to this it to get a ground game going and get rid of the fucking liberal philosophy.
Post flyers on doors in your neighborhoods. Posting it here solves nothing sadly

You are 100% right.
If we start a gofundme fund to stop this would you donate?

You are 100% right.
If we start a gofundme fund to stop this would you donate?
Perhaps but I doubt seriously that Gofundme would allow it

Leftists idea of equality: if better off people won't move into crappy cites then the government will move crappy cities into the neighborhoods of those better off. Misery loves company, amiright?

One of the biggest mistakes government tends to make is at the local level where laws are created that encourage economic and racial segregation. This leads to all sorts of problems with the economy and in schools. It makes it more difficult for people to work their way out of poverty and makes government more expensive.

In effect, AFFH gives the federal government a lever to re-engineer nearly every American neighborhood — imposing a preferred racial and ethnic composition, densifying housing, transportation, and business development in suburb and city alike, and weakening or casting aside the authority of local governments over core responsibilities, from zoning to transportation to education.
New Housing Rule Puts the Federal Government In Your Neighborhood... Literally - Aaron Bandler

In other words, you will never again be able to choose what type of neighborhood you want to live in.
For example Section 8 housing will be built in neighborhoods with million dollar homes.
Is this one more example of the Federal government getting involved from womb to tomb Americans' lives?

That depends on what you want....do you want your community to be successful, safe, and happy.....or do you want it to suck. If you want it to suck, let the feds in.....and they will screw it up.......and the other way to get it to really suck, let democrats get in control.....then it will really be a mess...just ask Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New York, Camden.....

I've always said the progressive Agenda is the Detroitifcation of America.

They will do anything to make middle and upper class whites flee the country.

What if you want a sanctuary neighborhood?

lol

This is very typical of left-wing government run by liberals.

If a local area is doing something the liberal doesn't want, he move the biggest, most inaccessible government in to take control.

Doesn't matter what the people in that area want. The liberal decides his own wisdom is superior, and if they don't want what he wants, they must be wrong. So he imposes his own decisions on them whether they like it or not.

It's how dictatorships are formed all over the world, throughout history.

What if you want a sanctuary neighborhood?

lol
You know what? I wouldn't care because no one would want to live there! The Federal Government is to provide for the "Common Defense"... and de -fence is not working!

One of the biggest mistakes government tends to make is at the local level where laws are created that encourage economic and racial segregation. This leads to all sorts of problems with the economy and in schools. It makes it more difficult for people to work their way out of poverty and makes government more expensive.

So i'm supposed to open my doors for a bunch of scum that will lower my property values and cause crime to rise?
The day the government pays all my living expenses they can dictate who moves into my neighborhood using my tax dollars.

So i'm supposed to open my doors for a bunch of scum that will lower my property values and cause crime to rise?
The day the government pays all my living expenses they can dictate who moves into my neighborhood using my tax dollars.

Classism and racism are extremely common and create all sorts of problems that have a real cost to people, economies, and government. The US has such high incidences of crime and imprisonment in large part to people who are selfish, ignorant, and short sited who can't see the forest through the trees.

Classism and racism are extremely common and create all sorts of problems that have a real cost to people, economies, and government. The US has such high incidences of crime and imprisonment in large part to people who are selfish, ignorant, and short sited who can't see the forest through the trees.

I dont have any of those problems in my neighborhood...and I want to keep it that way.
And to tell you the truth I dont give a rats ass what happens in the ghetto,because I made sure I didnt have to live in one.

I dont have any of those problems in my neighborhood...and I want to keep it that way.
And to tell you the truth I dont give a rats ass what happens in the ghetto,because I made sure I didnt have to live in one.

So you don't care if you have to pay higher taxes?

You don't care if the economy suffers?

You don't care if kids are harmed or even killed?

You didn't invent ignorant selfishness but it seems like you are trying really hard to perfect it. This is a common bi-product of how some have used identity politics to turn Americans against one another.

So you don't care if you have to pay higher taxes?

You don't care if the economy suffers?

You don't care if kids are harmed or even killed?

You didn't invent ignorant selfishness but it seems like you are trying really hard to perfect it. This is a common bi-product of how some have used identity politics to turn Americans against one another.

Nothing you or I can do will lesson the burden the poor put on us when referring to taxes.
And I fail to see what letting poor people into my neighborhood is going to do for the economy.
And while it's a shame people put their kids in danger having six of them doesnt help the situation.

Before you accuse me of turning Americans against each other you need to look at our president ...he's the master when it comes to class warfare.

You come across as a twenty something idealist who hasnt had the life experience to learn what the real world is all about.
Better wake up quick before the real world passes you by.

Crime rates are impacted by all sorts of things. Your first statement is demonstrably false.

Forum List

Back