Shrinking TV Series (Apple +)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We have watched 5 eps now - this is another good one from Apple+.
The surprise here is Harrison Ford. He is good at comedy. His timing and dead pan delivery is spot on.
The show is funny. And all that it is supposed to be.

Some cons - the language. People don't curse like this, particularly in a professional setting.
When 3 people are having a calm conversation, they don't say f*ck every 5 words. They just don't.

There is minor woke, but not to the point it takes over the episode. (So far)

I'm not paying for another streaming service for one or two halfway decent shows and bunch of mediocrity.
I take advantage of the deals. Usually show up late Nov. 3 months @.99, the reg rate. I catch up on shows I'm interested in, then cancel before deal is over.

I take advantage of the deals. Usually show up late Nov. 3 months @.99, the reg rate. I catch up on shows I'm interested in, then cancel before deal is over.
Absolutely.
That is the ideal way to take advantage of streaming TV.
We switch between services all the time.
I have an account (meaning all set up and I can switch on/off at will) at:

Hulu
HBO Max
Amazon Prime (junk... I would never pay for this service, just comes with free shipping and books)
Netflix
AppleTV
Paramount
Discovery+
YoutubeTV

Never are we subscribed to all at once. Never.
Constants are NetFlix and Discovery+ - all the rest we subscribe a few months out of the year, watch all the shows till we are out of them - and switch to another one.

I'm not paying for another streaming service for one or two halfway decent shows and bunch of mediocrity.

All you have to do is pay $7 for one month. Watch all the shows and cancel if you want.
It is not cable, you don't have to pay for 2 years. Just 30 days
You are missing some of the best TV out there by skipping AppleTV

The Essex Serpent
Ted Lasso
Silo
Masters of the Air
Servant (Holy Shit good)
Severance (Holy Shit good)

Last edited:
All you have to do is pay $7 for one month. Watch all the shows and cancel if you want.
It is not cable, you don't have to pay for 2 years. Just 30 days
I get it but TV is not a lifestyle for me.....I just want to plop down, turn-on the idiot box, and be entertained for a couple hours (without jumping through hoops) before I hit the rack for the night.

I get it but TV is not a lifestyle for me.....I just want to plop down, turn-on the idiot box, and be entertained for a couple hours (without jumping through hoops) before I hit the rack for the night.
that's nice, if you have the chance to get out and roam.

some of us don't.

That is exactly what we do.
Take an average Saturday, even in the winter, we never watch TV in the mornings.
We will watch a game show recorded while eating lunch.
Then it is off again till, depending on the season of the year, till 6pm - 7pm.
Usually watch a couple episodes of whatever shows we are watching, then watch a movie - done.

On the weekdays:
Watch a game show while eating dinner around 5pm.
Off till around 7pm or so, in the summer more like 8pm. Watch a show, go to the bedroom, watch a couple shows - off, we both read - go to sleep.

So just like you

that's nice, if you have the chance to get out and roam.

some of us don't.
You don't have to "roam".

Take last evening, after supper I went down and worked on a couple of minor gun projects, then I plopped down and watched "Shot Caller" on Netflix, pecked away here for a half hour, and then went to bed.

BTW...."Shot Caller" is a good movie.

You don't have to "roam".

Take last evening, after supper I went down and worked on a couple of minor gun projects, then I plopped down and watched "Shot Caller" on Netflix, pecked away here for a half hour, and then went to bed.

BTW...."Shot Caller" is a good movie.

All I am saying - is an incredible show like Servant - alone - is worth $7 to watch all three seasons.

Absolutely.
That is the ideal way to take advantage of streaming TV.
We switch between services all the time.
I have an account (meaning all set up and I can switch on/off at will) at:

Hulu
HBO Max
Amazon Prime (junk... I would never pay for this service, just comes with free shipping and books)
Netflix
AppleTV
Paramount
Discovery+
YoutubeTV

Never are we subscribed to all at once. Never.
Constants are NetFlix and Discovery+ - all the rest we subscribe a few months out of the year, watch all the shows till we are out of them - and switch to another one.
I have had problems cancelling free trials without paying for at lease one month. How easy is it to cancel an AppleTV free trial without paying for a month.

I have had problems cancelling free trials without paying for at lease one month. How easy is it to cancel an AppleTV free trial without paying for a month.
You have to pay the first month.
What we do is subscribe for a month or two at a time, watch all we want, then unsubscribe for awhile - resubscribe to watch new shows. etc.

Finished the season.
All in all - it is worth watching. Harrison Ford is the star for me, he is the best character in it.
It has a few boner scripts and dumb moments, but for the most part it is entertaining. There are probably at least 10 good one liners in every episode.

Forum List

Back