🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

#ShumerShutDown....

This has nothing to do with the military.
It impacts the military, does it not?

So how does it have NOTHING to do with them?

Frankly, I feel a little safer with the Federalis shut down.

No mans freedom, wealth, or life is safe while Congress is in session.

Shutdown-Cartoon.jpg

Trump has an opportunity here to earn some respect for people like Me who don't support him.

If he is as good at the deal as he claims he would do this.

Hold a meeting with the Democrat Senators and make one more single offer. A take it or leave it kind of offer.

We will take up DACA as you want AFTER the spending bill is passed. If you continue to withhold support for this spending, I will take DACA off the table for the remainder of the time I have in office. We will win the court case and I will rescind DACA and begin deporting the dreamers. If a bill for DACA makes it to my desk, I will veto it. You can take your chances that I'll lose in 2020, or you can try again in 2024 when I'm gone. Of course, by 2020, I will have deported all 800,000 of the dreamers.

Your choice.

Trump has an opportunity here to earn some respect for people like Me who don't support him.

Hold a meeting with the Democrat Senators and make one more single offer. A take it or leave it kind of offer.

We will take up DACA as you want AFTER the spending bill is passed. If you continue to withhold support for this spending, I will take DACA off the table for the remainder of the time I have in office. We will win the court case and I will rescind DACA and begin deporting the dreamers. If a bill for DACA makes it to my desk, I will veto it. You can take your chances that I'll lose in 2020, or you can try again in 2024 when I'm gone. Of course, by 2020, I will have deported all 800,000 of the dreamers.

Your choice.
In return for DACA, he wants the wall and the end of chain immigration. That's the deal.

Your choice.
In return for DACA, he wants the wall and the end of chain immigration. That's the deal.
He can have that discussion with them after they keep the government open. However, if they chose to shut down the government, then DACA comes all the way off the table for the remainder of his time in office.

That would be the deal I would offer. Eventually, the progressive base will pressure Democrats to reopen the government. They cannot survive without government and its services.

The Corrupt Democratic Party has decided that their new voter base will be uneducated and illiterate illegal alien welfare moochers, the Mexican Drug Cartel smugglers, the Human Traffickers, La Raza racist, Mecha racist, Aztlan Nationalist racist, MS-13 criminals and the Voter Fraudsters.

I love it... Proof positive that Chuckles and democrats value Illegals and Criminals over our US MILITARY men and women.... And yes Even LEGAL CITIZENS....

The whole point of the month long Continuing Resolution is to give a little more time to get a DACA deal done... Yet they want everything or they are going kick and scream and take their ball home....

Damn Democrat spoiled brats....
I thought supporters of the current GOP administration support less government.....and yet, you want to blame a government shut down on the other party....the party that is NOT in power in any of the three branches.

Your choice.
He can have that discussion with them after they keep the government open. However, if they chose to shut down the government, then DACA comes all the way off the table for the remainder of his time in office.

That would be the deal I would offer. Eventually, the progressive base will pressure Democrats to reopen the government. They cannot survive without government and its services.
Yeah...tactics. I'd say he's playing his cards right. Let the dems shut down the government for a bunch of wetbacks. Still no DACA deal. See how that goes for them.

The Corrupt Democratic Party has decided to starve poor Americans for illegal immigration.
Desperate attempt by a follower of the current GOP administration, the administration in control of all three branches of government, to put the blame on the political party NOT in power.

yeeeeaaa.....Most Democrat Voters don't understand the Senate 60% rule.

The Corrupt Democratic Party has decided to starve poor Americans for illegal immigration.
Desperate attempt by a follower of the current GOP administration, the administration in control of all three branches of government, to put the blame on the political party NOT in power.
So, eliminating the filibuster rule of 60 votes is good for you?

I'm all for it. Then we really will have a government controlled by the GOP.

What say you? Shall we advocate for its elimination together?

I love it... Proof positive that Chuckles and democrats value Illegals and Criminals over our US MILITARY men and women.... And yes Even LEGAL CITIZENS....

The whole point of the month long Continuing Resolution is to give a little more time to get a DACA deal done... Yet they want everything or they are going kick and scream and take their ball home....

Military paychecks will be withheld during a shutdown.
Not according to every single news report I've heard. Essential service.

PLEASE ALL OF YOU WHO BELIEVE THE PRES, READ THIS:

Trump is wrong. A government shutdown won’t devastate the US military.

If you're going to defend the right wing, at least do accurately.

Last edited:

You just haven't checked the right sources.

How a Government Shutdown Would Impact Pay, Benefits

Here's part of the issue. Liberals like bodecea don't understand how the Senate works. 60 votes needed?

From the article, even though it's VOX -

"Active-duty military personnel are among those who are “excepted.” So the military will still function even if the government shuts down, although as of now they will not be paid for their work."

Read accurately. :laugh:

"Active-duty military personnel are among those who are “excepted.” So the military will still function even if the government shuts down, although as of now they will not be paid for their work."

Read accurately. :laugh:

This has nothing to do with the military.[/QUOTE]

Military paychecks will be withheld during a shutdown.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to defend the right wing, at least do accurately.[/QUOTE]

Read accurately. :laugh:[/QUOTE]
But that’s not entirely true. That’s because a government shutdown doesn’t actually mean the entire government shuts down. Government employees who are considered “excepted” are exempt from the furlough and will continue to work and get paid like normal.

Active-duty military personnel are among those who are “excepted.” So the military will still function even if the government shuts down, although as of now they will not be paid for their work

That WAS puzzling. Apparently, to be paid, the Congress needs to pass another piece of legislation to keep the checks flowing if it's a long shutdown.

But that’s not entirely true. That’s because a government shutdown doesn’t actually mean the entire government shuts down. Government employees who are considered “excepted” are exempt from the furlough and will continue to work and get paid like normal.

Active-duty military personnel are among those who are “excepted.” So the military will still function even if the government shuts down, although as of now they will not be paid for their work

That WAS puzzling. Apparently, to be paid, the Congress needs to pass another piece of legislation to keep the checks flowing if it's a long shutdown.
It's all explained in the link I provided. Active military will have their checks delayed, at best. If, heaven forbid, a service member is KIA, his family will not receive his $10,000 funeral expense check.

Apparently, to be paid, you need to be in Congress.

Last edited:

. The men will have to fight while their wives and children have no money for rent and food. Thanks to #schumershutdown

Forum List

Back