Shut-down official. Republicans last-minute "No wait! We wanna talk now!!" ignored

The backlash against the GOP would have been cataclysmic if they had folded and accepted the Senate version last night after the Senate turned back three different GOP versions without a hint of being willing to compromise.

Compromises took place before the bill was made into a law.

The negotiations ARE OVER.

Please stop being obtuse.

What "negotiations"? There were no negotiations, it was rammed down Republican throats which is why it received no Republcan votes. You guys have no relationship with the truth at all.

You are right, and not coincidentally even Germans and Poles have more consumer input into what services are covered in plans.

And, I'd be willing to bet that had the gop not gone cruzathon, obama would have let every state have an Ark waiver to use the medicaid dollars to create subsidies to buy private insurance rather than putting more people on medicaid.

But, again, the TPM motivation isn't about changing the law to be more in line with Coburn or Barrasso's ideas. Rather, it's the notion that tax subsidies and pools for high risk people are not proper uses of taxes.

Yes. There is no negotiating an existing law in exchange for funding the government. That you think what the GOP is asking for is reasonable makes some sense given the fact that you support Palin for POTUS. Idiot.

It happens all the fucking time.

No it does not.

In 1979 the government shutdown for 11 days because the Democrats in the house refused to provide Medicaid funding for a woman unless her life was in danger even though they had allowed it for all legal abortions the previous year.

In 1986 the government shutdown because Democrats in the house wanted to expand AFDC, wanted to add a provision to existing law that would have prevented companies from forming subsidiaries, and another that would have forced anyone operating an offshore oil rig to hire American workers.

Want some examples of Republicans doing the same thing?

Because laws have never been changed after they were passed. :eusa_hand:

The Obama admin has changed the law many times since it passed but he's pissy because Republicans think the rest of us should get the same break Obama gives to people who he finds it politically advantageous to exempt.

Laws get changed via the legislative process outlined in the USC. Not this way. This is bullshit..AND YOU KNOW IT.

The waivers are for organizations and businesses. The delay in the employer mandate is for businesses. These are not people.

I see you have finally dropped the "Congress is exempt" bullshit. Good.

The individual mandate is the key to the law. It will not be delayed. The waivers and delays offered thus far are minor as far as the law is concerned.

If you people were honest, you'd be taking the opposite side on this one.

This is part of the legislative process, which is not outlined in anything known as the USC. It isn't even outlined in the COTUS, but keep pretending you know what you are talking about.

The Obama admin has changed the law many times since it passed but he's pissy because Republicans think the rest of us should get the same break Obama gives to people who he finds it politically advantageous to exempt.

Laws get changed via the legislative process outlined in the USC. Not this way. This is bullshit..AND YOU KNOW IT.

The waivers are for organizations and businesses. The delay in the employer mandate is for businesses. These are not people.

I see you have finally dropped the "Congress is exempt" bullshit. Good.

The individual mandate is the key to the law. It will not be delayed. The waivers and delays offered thus far are minor as far as the law is concerned.

If you people were honest, you'd be taking the opposite side on this one.

This is part of the legislative process, which is not outlined in anything known as the USC. It isn't even outlined in the COTUS, but keep pretending you know what you are talking about.

Wait? What? You mean it's not unprecedented? How could that be? Obama told me it was. :eusa_snooty:

It happens all the fucking time.

No it does not.

In 1979 the government shutdown for 11 days because the Democrats in the house refused to provide Medicaid funding for a woman unless her life was in danger even though they had allowed it for all legal abortions the previous year.

In 1986 the government shutdown because Democrats in the house wanted to expand AFDC, wanted to add a provision to existing law that would have prevented companies from forming subsidiaries, and another that would have forced anyone operating an offshore oil rig to hire American workers.

Absolutely not the same thing.

Well, then, the Democrats are officially to blame for this. They just rejected the last chance to negotiate and perhaps breach the impasse on the CR.

:eusa_boohoo:

Nope. We won't negotiate with terrorists, and they pulled the trigger. Hats off to the Teabaggers.

we just negotiated with assad and putin, had a "historic" phone conversation with the puppet leader of Iran......:eusa_eh:

I'm going to be helping a friend of mine who does transcription for the Navy courts. She's a civilian, so she won't be saved. Just a few years from retirement ... my heart goes out to her.

very nice of you to do that.

I am a federal employee too, will you help me out?

I'm going to be helping a friend of mine who does transcription for the Navy courts. She's a civilian, so she won't be saved. Just a few years from retirement ... my heart goes out to her.

very nice of you to do that.

I am a federal employee too, will you help me out?

Sure. What can I do for you?

well, I may have to go out on furlough, can you cover my utility bill? I am going to go camping meanwhile, $335.

No it does not.

why?

why?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7917628-post206.html

The backlash against the GOP would have been cataclysmic if they had folded and accepted the Senate version last night after the Senate turned back three different GOP versions without a hint of being willing to compromise.

One good deed deserves another. :slap:

look it up yourself...

YOU said your stat was from CBO. The onus is on you to prove your claim. If you won't, most likely can't, then is it you who are discredited. No hair off my ass.

Discredited? ROFL

You tell me how many jobs are going to be lost due to Obama Care. How many Americans will loose their jobs? How many Americans will loose their employer paid insurance now? How many Americans have to be tied down and raped to pay for your welfare?

Yes, discredited. I did not make the claim, YOU did. You can't prove it, and stepped on your own dick making a fraudulent claim. :eusa_liar:

YOU said your stat was from CBO. The onus is on you to prove your claim. If you won't, most likely can't, then is it you who are discredited. No hair off my ass.

Discredited? ROFL

You tell me how many jobs are going to be lost due to Obama Care. How many Americans will loose their jobs? How many Americans will loose their employer paid insurance now? How many Americans have to be tied down and raped to pay for your welfare?

Yes, discredited. I did not make the claim, YOU did. You can't prove it, and stepped on your own dick making a fraudulent claim. :eusa_liar:

You are a pos liar. The cbo reports are there for everyone to read
I don't need to link them. Eight million jobs gone already. Most new jobs are part time now for the first time in our history. Your lips are so puckered to your anointed one that you can't even see straight.

1270629_751905284836547_814683137_o.jpg

Forum List

Back