Shut-down official. Republicans last-minute "No wait! We wanna talk now!!" ignored

non-essential: having little or no importance; not essential.

They should stay home permanently, they are just money suckers.

What's wrong, plasmaballs? Afraid I'm right?

:lol:

you are not as usual..

Obama said he will not negotiate with Republicans.

Reid said that he wouldn't compromise.

Yet, somehow, it is the Republicans that refuse to accept that compromise is the norm.

And everyone that disagrees with you is crazy.

Yes. There is no negotiating an existing law in exchange for funding the government. That you think what the GOP is asking for is reasonable makes some sense given the fact that you support Palin for POTUS. Idiot.

TK....Wal - Mart just announced that it is making 35000 part time workers full time even though Obamacare is the lw of the land. How can tht be?

Hmm, let's see now... it's October... why would any large company feel the need to hire part time workers...hmmm?

Let me guess, when all of those part time workers lose their jobs in January, that too will be the fault of Congressional republicans...?

:cuckoo:

TK....Wal - Mart just announced that it is making 35000 part time workers full time even though Obamacare is the lw of the land. How can tht be?

Hmm, let's see now... it's October... why would any large company feel the need to hire part time workers...hmmm?

Let me guess, when all of those part time workers lose their jobs in January, that too will be the fault of Congressional republicans...?

:cuckoo:

Look here. I am sure you won't have to try very hard to be an idiot...so why not work the other way for a challenge.

You did not read the link. You missed the point and you fucked up the facts.

Try harder.

you are not as usual..

Yet, somehow, it is the Republicans that refuse to accept that compromise is the norm.

Yes. There is no negotiating an existing law in exchange for funding the government. That you think what the GOP is asking for is reasonable makes some sense given the fact that you support Palin for POTUS. Idiot.

It happens all the fucking time.

The backlash against the GOP would have been cataclysmic if they had folded and accepted the Senate version last night after the Senate turned back three different GOP versions without a hint of being willing to compromise.

It happens all the fucking time.

No it does not.

The backlash against the GOP would have been cataclysmic if they had folded and accepted the Senate version last night after the Senate turned back three different GOP versions without a hint of being willing to compromise.

Compromises took place before the bill was made into a law.

The negotiations ARE OVER.

Please stop being obtuse.

Because laws have never been changed after they were passed. :eusa_hand:

The Obama admin has changed the law many times since it passed but he's pissy because Republicans think the rest of us should get the same break Obama gives to people who he finds it politically advantageous to exempt.

The Obama admin has changed the law many times since it passed but he's pissy because Republicans think the rest of us should get the same break Obama gives to people who he finds it politically advantageous to exempt.

Laws get changed via the legislative process outlined in the USC. Not this way. This is bullshit..AND YOU KNOW IT.

The waivers are for organizations and businesses. The delay in the employer mandate is for businesses. These are not people.

I see you have finally dropped the "Congress is exempt" bullshit. Good.

The individual mandate is the key to the law. It will not be delayed. The waivers and delays offered thus far are minor as far as the law is concerned.

If you people were honest, you'd be taking the opposite side on this one.

Laws get changed via the legislative process outlined in the USC. Not this way. This is bullshit..AND YOU KNOW IT.

The waivers are for organizations and businesses. The delay in the employer mandate is for businesses. These are not people.

I see you have finally dropped the "Congress is exempt" bullshit. Good.

The individual mandate is the key to the law. It will not be delayed. The waivers and delays offered thus far are minor as far as the law is concerned.

If you people were honest, you'd be taking the opposite side on this one.

Yeah, the Obama admin changed the law through the legislative process outlined in the USC. Riiight.

I have dropped the "'Congress is exempt' bullshit"? What are you talking about? How many times have I posted about Congressional exemptions? Just because I don't argue with you guys in every single post about what you willfully get wrong over and over doesn't mean I've changed my mind about what I know.

The shutdown is entirely the fault of the Democrats. They haven't passed a budget for 5 years (which would have avoided all this drama), they refuse to negotiate with Republicans and instead adopt a "It's our way or the highway" and now get all pissy when Republicans passed a CR fully funding all of the government except Obamacare so it would be postponed for the same year that Obama postponed it for his cronies and it's the Republicans who put ideology ahead of country.

You're a fool and your side is everything you accuse Republicans of being.

You're an even bigger fool for believing this pile of garbage you just posted. Obamacare has already passed and been signed into law 3 years ago and upheld by the Supreme Court. IF the Reps don't like it, they can win enough elections to repeal it legislatively and not with these games with the budget and the debt ceiling.

That's a crappy way to Govern. We don't like something. We don't have the votes to get rid of it so lets just shut everything down, hold our breath until we turn blue, and stomp our feet until we get our way.

They are so stupid they shut the Govt. down over nothing. ACA will still go forward as planned so they accomplished nothing. This shutdown does not even stop the bill they are proposing.

They are wasting time with childish games. This may be o.k. with you but it's not with me.[/QUOTE]

Garbage? So, you can show us where a budget was passed by Harry Reid's Senate? Other than your blanket condemnation, you offer nothing of substance, but name calling and lies.

Frankly, since you've shown yourself to be a partisan hack, I have no interest in what's not ok with you.

What "negotiations"? There were no negotiations, it was rammed down Republican throats which is why it received no Republcan votes. You guys have no relationship with the truth at all.

Forum List

Back