Shutdown - Is Israel still being paid?

In the last decade, the US has in its budget, a substantial aid package for Egypt; and the FY 2014 budget proposal is estimated to be about $1.55 billion in aid to Egypt; of which, $1.3 billion is earmarked for military programs. While there has been a lot of talk and such, there has not been a decision made to halt military aid; it was a consideration only. The FY 2014 proposed budget for Israel would receive about $3.4 billion in military aid; including $220 million for the Iron Dome.
Whatever makes our honorable georgephillip sleep sound at nights, of course.

I would stay state sponsored pills. Boy George admits to never making more than minimim wage and lives on SS in poverty! Pills would be his only solution (that and hating the Jews)!

The State Dept indicated aid to foreign nations has been cut off since the shutdown October 1. I am perfectly happy with the shutdown becoming permanent. We need to end all aid to foreign nations permanently.
Too bad, so sad, all we managed to effectively shut down is the park service, didn't we?

U.S. seen withholding most military aid from Egypt: source | Reuters

This suggests payment to Egypt may be halted (You can't halt something that isn't moving) so, if Egypt is getting cash, is Israel as well?

We're led to believe payments have stopped during the shutdown but is this true?

I have no idea how USA economics actually work-----but I do not believe
that aid to either Egypt or Israel ----gets there via weekly CHECKS
IN THE MAIL. Egypt and the USA are not the only reciipients of USA aid---

Of course. All other countries get their aid packages in stages but Israel gets its in one go at the start of the financial year.
That costs the US taxpayer millions in lost interest whilst Israel, one of the strongest economies in the world with no real national debt, makes fat piles of cash from America's stupidity.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back