Sick. Facebook Group Calling for Assassination of Sarah Palin Now Has 3,300 Likes

Not apples to oranges....other than to a liberal who is convinced that they can threaten, intimidate, and make death threats to anyone who is a pub. If obama or clinton or reid or biden or pelosi's name was in there, you asshole liberals would be foaming at the mouth over this kind of thing.

People on the internet make death threats all the fucking time. You can't go on a fucking youtube video without a huge debate and a few people threatening to murder the other.

You can't throw a virtual stone on the internet without some anonymous hack calling for the death of someone.

There are no internet police. Threats need to be pursued by the owners of the domains on which they are posted, typically.

If someone threatened another forum member with death on this forum, it'd be the responsibility of this forum to get involved.

Don't act like internet death threats are some recent phenomenon or are only relevant in the realm of politics, especially one sided politics("Only liberals make death threats because blah blah blah blah!").

Ah, another liberal tactic.....deflect, deny, distract. Because liberals feel they should have no accountability at all.... Sorry, can't have it both ways. You can say because it happened on the internet that it doesn't matter because it's "anonymous", well, again if it had a dem's name attached to those comments with a gun pointed at their head we would be hearing a RADICALLY different story and the news media would all over it. So for you to sit here and claim the fb page is silly is outright craziness on the part of liberals, once again.
Liberals are clinically insane.

CaféAuLait;6741028 said:
CaféAuLait;6740991 said:
( emphasis added)

I just went to the page and I found these posts, in one the owner of the page states that he KNOWS the page would be removed if this were Obama he was speaking about but because Palin is a "lowly former governor" it's no big. I also find another of the owners posts stating there have been members submitting death threats against Palin, quite telling.

Here are the posts by the owner and dates of the posts:

And the owner of that page also runs one with the same name for Romney:

https://www.facebook.com/IHateItWhenIWakeUpAndMittRomneyIsStillAlive

The page(s) is meant to provoke, you are correct. It matters not if it is Palin ( a woman I can't stand) or Obama, or Obama's children the page is wrong.

There are a different set of rules for the president. There are laws on the books and people have gone to jail. Apples, oranges.

Different laws matter not, the law would apply that a threat was being made against the president, correct? So one can't assume the same about anyone else? One can only percieve it as a threat if it were Obama's name?

And if you read the second post, it also says that those who are members of that page have made real death threats against Palin, why is that you don't think it might possibly be the name of the page and the feeling it is provoking?

Laws matter. The president is protected in a way every other American citizen is not. What I can say about you on the Internet, or Sarah Palin, I cannot say about the president.

The post says some people cross the line and the page admin says go after them. I never claimed people on the Internet arent idiots, simply that the thread title "Facebook group calling for the assassination of Sarah Palin now has 3,300 likes" is a lie.

Sick. Facebook Group Calling for Assassination of Sarah Palin Now Has 3,300 Likes​

by Jim Hoft
January 28, 2013

After all these years – They still hate Sarah Palin. The Facebook group calling for the assassination of Sarah Palin now has 3,325 likes. The Facebook page has been around since January 2011 after the shootings in Tucson, Arizona. Leftists …

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Sick. Facebook Group Calling for Assassination of Sarah Palin Now Has 3,300 Likes | The Gateway Pundit

Why would you link us to this filth? Damn. :eusa_whistle:

The page has been around a long time and is just a joke. Satire-they make fun of Palin but they in no way endorse her assassination.

It appears many on the right do not understand the use of humor to make your point.

CaféAuLait;6741028 said:
There are a different set of rules for the president. There are laws on the books and people have gone to jail. Apples, oranges.

Different laws matter not, the law would apply that a threat was being made against the president, correct? So one can't assume the same about anyone else? One can only percieve it as a threat if it were Obama's name?

And if you read the second post, it also says that those who are members of that page have made real death threats against Palin, why is that you don't think it might possibly be the name of the page and the feeling it is provoking?

Laws matter. The president is protected in a way every other American citizen is not. What I can say about you on the Internet, or Sarah Palin, I cannot say about the president.

The post says some people cross the line and the page admin says go after them. I never claimed people on the Internet arent idiots, simply that the thread title "Facebook group calling for the assassination of Sarah Palin now has 3,300 likes" is a lie.

It's a lie to you because you do not perceive it that way. You are not reading it as the alternative which many can see—the page owner does not wish Palin to wake up but wishes she were dead. Others see it differently I am one of those who see it differently.Then we also have those who are mentally ill can and do perceive it that way-- as a death threat and perhaps he/she will assure she does not wake up. It does not make someone a liar because that is their perception of the page title differs from yours. I’m sure you were not calling me a liar above, but just seeing the title of the page made me think that the owners were advocating the death of Palin. I guess its different viewpoints of the title of the page.

Last edited:
The page has been around a long time and is just a joke. Satire-they make fun of Palin but they in no way endorse her assassination.

It appears many on the right do not understand the use of humor to make your point.

Liberals are nothing but a bunch of pathetic hypocrites.

How does that address my point that this is nothing but a humor site and should not be taken seriously.

It is a joke. It does not call for her assassination.

So all the pathetic outrage is ridiculous.

Go ahead and make one on a Democratic figure. It's called free speech. Deal with it.

Sick. Facebook Group Calling for Assassination of Sarah Palin Now Has 3,300 Likes

hey, nutbar, i went and looked at the page just so i could see if what you said was true for once... in which case i'd have said wishing for someone to be assassinated because someone disagrees with their politics is unacceptable.

however, as usual, you and your rightwingnut "sources" are liars...

from the page

"Community
This is a page about venting dislike over Sarah
Palin. This is [sic] no way advocates an assassination
of Sarah Palin in any way, shape or form"

just saying.

I disagree with you. Some nutcase reads that blog and they could very well attempt such a thing. If this were exact same blog with Obama's name in there, you'd see the Secret Service knocking on doors. Again this is totally unacceptable and the disclaimer means nothing. We know what they are trying to say. - J.

hey, nutbar, i went and looked at the page just so i could see if what you said was true for once... in which case i'd have said wishing for someone to be assassinated because someone disagrees with their politics is unacceptable.

from the page

"Community

just saying.

I disagree with you. Some nutcase reads that blog and they could very well attempt such a thing. If this were exact same blog with Obama's name in there, you'd see the Secret Service knocking on doors. Again this is totally unacceptable and the disclaimer means nothing. We know what they are trying to say. - J.

we?

from the page

"Community

just saying.

After years of listening to the fair and balanced... Its contagious..

How does that address my point that this is nothing but a humor site and should not be taken seriously.

It is a joke. It does not call for her assassination.

So all the pathetic outrage is ridiculous.

Go ahead and make one on a Democratic figure. It's called free speech. Deal with it.

You, and people like you, are full of shit. You know it, we all know it. The claim that it's a "joke" is just another pathetic attempt by liberals to explain away hostile comments and rhetoric against a conservative. Save your bullshit for someone who's actually going to buy into it.

Who in their right mind would even get involved in a Facebook page devoted to not liking something or somebody? Who are these people? 5 year-olds?

:lol:

The only people with a facebook account are those who love to air their dirty laundry in public. Or the terminally sick of exhibitionism. Or the idiots who get sucked into a mental vacuum. Or ugly people who get attention only if they promote it themselves.

Or people who always look for something they don't deserve or have earned.

Forum List

Back