Sick

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I have been open minded for a very long time. I guess that would make me leaning left..a liberal. However, as each day passes by, I find myself missing what used to be.
Lucy and Ricky had twin beds.
Families were like Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Bonanza, etc.
We had doctors like Marcus Welby, Ben Casey, Dr. Kildaire.
Lemonade stands were on street corners and kids rode bikes from can't see to can't see.

Now everything is going downhill. People are dying, doctors want money more than practicing the hypocratic oath, HMO's and APO's and Obamacare and red tape just to "get fixed". Murders, drive bys, gangs, gay parades where nudity is encouraged and idiots take their impressionable children to see it just because they want rights so that means waggling a penis in faces.

A handshake meant you had honor and would keep your word; God was allowed in businesses, on our dollars, in parks and in schools; morals and values were taught at home by parents that didn't have to have 5 jobs so at least one was there for them.

I think I turned in to an conservative. Yep. Pretty sure that's where I am at this point in time. I got pushed while sitting on the fence. What was that last proverbial straw?

People Are Actually Drinking Pig's Blood Cocktails, And We're Kind Of Terrified

O come on Gracie :rolleyes: THAT was the last straw? :eusa_doh: You know people can be liberal & conservative like libertarians for instance. Not saying you should lean that way, just pointing that out. There isn't just black & white.

Last edited:
That's what I always told myself. That's why I called it a straw. All it takes is. one. last. straw.
That was it.

And it is going to just get more perverted. There is no going back. And the forward trail looks mighty disgusting.

GOD is the answer=the only true answer. THINK!! There is no downside to living your life as a son of Almighty God!!!

Ethics, morals, and principles, sadly lacking in America today. I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

“If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty ,you have no brain.”

That's what I always told myself. That's why I called it a straw. All it takes is. one. last. straw.
That was it.

And it is going to just get more perverted. There is no going back. And the forward trail looks mighty disgusting.

I've seen this coming for quite awhile. It goes right along with torturing children and animals for fun.

It's awful. And like I said...it is only going to get worse.

Took me a long time to get to this point. When will executions be public? When will shooting a puppy on live tv be considered "art"? When will....insert your own horrific imagination here __________.

Took me a long time to get to this point. When will executions be public? When will shooting a puppy on live tv be considered "art"? When will....insert your own horrific imagination here __________.

Like 40 million + mothers killing their baby before it even gets to see one day in the sun!

In the 80's there was fear of nuclear war.
In the 60's and 70's there was Vietnam and Soviet and Chinese massacres
In the 40's there was a holocaust
In the 20's and 30's there was a great depression
In the 1910's there was a World War
In the 1800's there were slaves in your state
In the 1700's there were Pirates pillaging and raping

Anyways... there are always bad things happening in the world. The past is not always better. For some maybe it is, but for others it clearly isn't.

Executions did used to be public, with public hangings in the town square. I get what you're saying, and while things were never as "good" as we'd like to think they were, they have gotten worse in some ways. It is more challenging to be a parent these days, especially a single parent. It's easy to say change the channel or limit access to computers, but you can only shelter your children so much before you're doing them a disservice by not preparing them for the real world. It's certainly clear though that kids are losing a sense of innocence at an earlier age than when I was growing up, but it's all that they know. I also think that some things swing back and forth on the pendulum culturally, and I try to trust in the goodness of people to take control and always strive to provide their kids the best. Who knows where this next generation will take us, but I'm prepared to continue to offer my strong opinions to my children, and future grandchildren, with hopes that they'll respect me enough to heed my advice.

Executions did used to be public, with public hangings in the town square. I get what you're saying, and while things were never as "good" as we'd like to think they were, they have gotten worse in some ways. It is more challenging to be a parent these days, especially a single parent. It's easy to say change the channel or limit access to computers, but you can only shelter your children so much before you're doing them a disservice by not preparing them for the real world. It's certainly clear though that kids are losing a sense of innocence at an earlier age than when I was growing up, but it's all that they know. I also think that some things swing back and forth on the pendulum culturally, and I try to trust in the goodness of people to take control and always strive to provide their kids the best. Who knows where this next generation will take us, but I'm prepared to continue to offer my strong opinions to my children, and future grandchildren, with hopes that they'll respect me enough to heed my advice.

THE first step in the goodness of people to take control and always strive to provide their kids the best would be to let their baby be born alive!

I don't think people are "sicker" than they used to be..on the contrary I believe people in general are slowly but surely becoming more compassionate.

It seems to be a sicker society only because we see into the shadows that used to be private with today's means of communicating and a media that probes more unflinchingly as it exposes the underbelly of our strangest citizens.

Rape and child molestation has been going on since the dawn of time. It was just a dirty secret that for the most part never had the light of day shone on it except for the few percentages of those that got caught.

Murder and assault have also been a plague we have endured because people hid their experiences far more than we do today.

Consider what "we" did to the native Americans... Think about the unthinkable things that occured in the institution of slavery.

No.. things are not getting worse. They are just brought out in the open and thrown in our faces now.

Freedom of speach and "the public's right to know" is a coin with two sides. One is truth or the next best thing and the other side of the coin is the darkness and depravity of human nature we need to see and hear about because we value "the truth".

If you are tired of getting exposed to the dark side then tune it out. You are not obligated to read the National Enquirerer or leave your TV set on. If everything MUST be your business then stop whining about what you learn.

The world IS getting better. But remember in the news.."If it bleeds...it leads".

You must look for the goodness on your own. It is all around you. It isn't that hard to spot. You don't need Fox News to point it out for you. Rupert Murdoch won't offer it to you because it doesn't make him money.

I find it strangely comforting that that worst of human nature is exposed with today's media. It shows what we need to work on. Most of the path to enlightenment is seeing what the world REALLY is and not living in denial.

The kids are much worse off today then ever before

Children are not wired to handle what they see in the media I believe. I think parents have given up trying to control what kids see and hear. No doubt it is nearly an impossible job to "teach" kids when the outside messages are professionally produced and delivered.

Much of the problem is that in this free for all of information and so called entertainment the parents haven't made it clear that they need advantages to help control what messages their kids encounter.

Adults are programmed to be "good citizens by being good consumers". How can we teach our kids to reject the media when we don't take a stand and show how to do it ourselves?

It is still a parent's responsibility to guide a childs path to adulthood and protect them from what can do them harm. As far as I can tell we are failing our kids. We cannot blame anyone else or the "media" just because we do not have the guts to take charge..and turn off the "noise".

I agree that kids are worse off because parents are worse at doing their jobs.

Children are not wired to handle what they see in the media I believe. I think parents have given up trying to control what kids see and hear. No doubt it is nearly an impossible job to "teach" kids when the outside messages are professionally produced and delivered.

Much of the problem is that in this free for all of information and so called entertainment the parents haven't made it clear that they need advantages to help control what messages their kids encounter.

Adults are programmed to be "good citizens by being good consumers". How can we teach our kids to reject the media when we don't take a stand and show how to do it ourselves?

It is still a parent's responsibility to guide a childs path to adulthood and protect them from what can do them harm. As far as I can tell we are failing our kids. We cannot blame anyone else or the "media" just because we do not have the guts to take charge..and turn off the "noise".

I agree that kids are worse off because parents are worse at doing their jobs.
These kids will be parents.

Wow Huggy. You surprised me.

Great post!

Well..Thanks Gracie.

I realize it is hard to constantly keep remembering that we must try and maintain a comfortable perspective on all we see coming at us a million miles a second.

The information could make even the most level headed American crazy. We did demand the technology and we keep claiming we need to know the truth.

Myself..I like to take my dose of "reality" in bite size chunks. Keep the TV set off unless I really feel I am in the mood to "be in the know".

Stay away from the computer if I don't feel up to the barrage of useless and depressing information.

I find it helps to just push the mute button when commercials come on. I really don't like to constantly listen to sales pitches so I make the effort to intervine on the stupid messages just for my own comfort.

You are in control. We can all limit the "noise" if we just take the time to value our sanity.

I have been open minded for a very long time. I guess that would make me leaning left..a liberal. However, as each day passes by, I find myself missing what used to be.
Lucy and Ricky had twin beds.
Families were like Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Bonanza, etc.
We had doctors like Marcus Welby, Ben Casey, Dr. Kildaire.
Lemonade stands were on street corners and kids rode bikes from can't see to can't see.

Now everything is going downhill. People are dying, doctors want money more than practicing the hypocratic oath, HMO's and APO's and Obamacare and red tape just to "get fixed". Murders, drive bys, gangs, gay parades where nudity is encouraged and idiots take their impressionable children to see it just because they want rights so that means waggling a penis in faces.

A handshake meant you had honor and would keep your word; God was allowed in businesses, on our dollars, in parks and in schools; morals and values were taught at home by parents that didn't have to have 5 jobs so at least one was there for them.

I think I turned in to an conservative. Yep. Pretty sure that's where I am at this point in time. I got pushed while sitting on the fence. What was that last proverbial straw?

People Are Actually Drinking Pig's Blood Cocktails, And We're Kind Of Terrified

Familes were never like Leave It To Beaver.

no shit...families were never like leave it to beaver...and why is it the conservatives like to shout out how great the past was and how terrible the present is? i think they are a self fulfilling policy...i am not happy with what is going on in the white house today but i will say this....republicans are doing nothing at this time but bitching...have you noticed that...no alternative polities....no wanting to help people..just bitching..the finger pointing and name calling is beyond me...and it is coming from both sides

Forum List

Back