Sick

No, it was actually because CBS mandated it.

Nowadays, people are literally shitting on television for entertainment.

And get this: Some people deny that our culture is in rapid decay.

Imagine that, huh?

They considered it lewd to show them in the same bed. Same reason they had a fit when she was pregnant but she insisted...and she is the first person on television to ever show a pregnancy. And yes..nowadays, filth seems to be the soup de jour of the day.
Awful shows..cussing...sex...torture (criminal minds show comes to mind), crotches in faces, same sex kissing and fondling, murders, prison shows, heterosexuals kissing and fondling and butt/tit shots galore, just negative negative negative and we wonder why the youngest generation is so....numb with violence constantly being shoved in their faces.
Decay is a good word. Yes. We are all decaying.

But tragically, we are CHOOSING to ALLOW our culture to decay.

It's not like a body part that decays with time and usage.

We continue to CHOOSE to lower standards, and the results are predictable.

Some are NOT choosing. But if they speak up, they are considered intolerant..or labeled as a conservative or a republican or an innie or an outtie. Values and morals are out the window because if one dares speak up...shit hits the fan.
Sure, just "turn the channel" or "stfu you bigot", or "haters are gonna hate"...and always always with a damn label on a political party one must belong to to find fault with filth always being shoved in faces.

I don't choose. I am just powerless to do anything about it.

Lucy and Ricky had twin beds because they couldn't stand each other.

Imagine that, huh?

They considered it lewd to show them in the same bed. Same reason they had a fit when she was pregnant but she insisted...and she is the first person on television to ever show a pregnancy. And yes..nowadays, filth seems to be the soup de jour of the day.
Awful shows..cussing...sex...torture (criminal minds show comes to mind), crotches in faces, same sex kissing and fondling, murders, prison shows, heterosexuals kissing and fondling and butt/tit shots galore, just negative negative negative and we wonder why the youngest generation is so....numb with violence constantly being shoved in their faces.

"criminal minds show comes to mind"

Hold your horses pilgrim.. !!!

NOW you've gone TOO FAR !!!

CM is a show about humans rising ABOVE EVIL... not devolving into EVIL. CM story lines are about winning over the bad guys. .... Relentlessly seeking out the worst people and putting them away. I know it is just fiction but I find the show uplifting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPDTneLVxg0]Hallelujah- Criminal Minds - YouTube[/ame]

But tragically, we are CHOOSING to ALLOW our culture to decay.

It's not like a body part that decays with time and usage.

We continue to CHOOSE to lower standards, and the results are predictable.

Some are NOT choosing. But if they speak up, they are considered intolerant..or labeled as a conservative or a republican or an innie or an outtie. Values and morals are out the window because if one dares speak up...shit hits the fan.
Sure, just "turn the channel" or "stfu you bigot", or "haters are gonna hate"...and always always with a damn label on a political party one must belong to to find fault with filth always being shoved in faces.

You are not powerless.

You could have a social conservative message board you set up and run for other social conservatives and have a good ole time.

Imagine that, huh?

"criminal minds show comes to mind"

Hold your horses pilgrim.. !!!

NOW you've gone TOO FAR !!!

CM is a show about humans rising ABOVE EVIL... not devolving into EVIL. CM story lines are about winning over the bad guys. .... Relentlessly seeking out the worst people and putting them away. I know it is just fiction but I find the show uplifting.

It is loosely based on the FBI Criminal Behavior Unit.

I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

“If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty ,you have no brain.”

A fake quote. Figures you'd be brainwashed enough to repeat it.

Like most people, Churchill was conservative when young, but turned more liberal when he was older. Experience with how the real world works is the best way to create liberals. So why would Churchill ever say such a thing that was so contrary to his own personal experience?

Link to that fact???...

Not how it works. You made the claim, you need to support it. I can't absolutely prove someone didn't say something. If you disagree with that standard, it will mean I get to cite all kinds of quotes you supposedly stated, and you'll have to either somehow absolutely prove you didn't make them, or accept them all as true.

Oh, also this from The Churchill Center. You could have, you know, just typed "fake churchill quote" into a search engine and gotten it yourself in 10 seconds. Don't expect me to keep doing your homework forever.

https://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/quotations/quotes-falsely-attributed

I presume my below Roosevelt quote is also bullshit?

Nope. Here's the original manuscript from TR that shows the quote. See how that works? Direct evidence showing the source of the quote.

http://message.snopes.com/politics/graphics/troosevelt.pdf

Wow Huggy. You surprised me.

Great post!

Well..Thanks Gracie.

I realize it is hard to constantly keep remembering that we must try and maintain a comfortable perspective on all we see coming at us a million miles a second.

The information could make even the most level headed American crazy. We did demand the technology and we keep claiming we need to know the truth.

Myself..I like to take my dose of "reality" in bite size chunks. Keep the TV set off unless I really feel I am in the mood to "be in the know".

Stay away from the computer if I don't feel up to the barrage of useless and depressing information.

I find it helps to just push the mute button when commercials come on. I really don't like to constantly listen to sales pitches so I make the effort to intervine on the stupid messages just for my own comfort.

You are in control. We can all limit the "noise" if we just take the time to value our sanity.

I agree.

We are much better off now than at any other time in our history. Children are not getting worse, parenting is not getting worse.

The biggest difference is communication. Thanks to the internet, we hear every single nasty crime and blow each of the all out of proportion. It makes us believe that things are worse now than in some unspecified time in the past.

We have always had sickos that hurt children and animals, beat up and raped women. There have always been people who stole from others and there have always been rich who trampled the poor in order to get richer.

There are no "good old days" to mourn.

I agree completely that we need to turn off the computer and the TV. And I love the mute button on the remote. Go outside, go for a walk, read to your kids, talk to each other.

If you don't want your kids to have foul mouths and lazy brains, show them how its done. Work with their teachers instead of against them. Work for better working conditions and better pay.

However, we are in danger of losing much of what we have gained. We insist on giving out rights and our power to 2% of our population. That's as it has always been but that doesn't mean we should just lay down and accept our place in their plan.

You aren't powerless. Turn off the tv when crappy shows are on. Don't view crappy videos on Youtube. Don't buy magazines that promote crap (this applies to ALL entertainment rags.)

If enough people just shut out all the gratuitous sex and violence, if we just ignore whateverthefuck some stupid pop star got tattooed, if everyone refuses to take a political side in arguments over taste levels, then entertainment media will gradually swing back to quality output.

I miss educational programs.

You aren't powerless. Turn off the tv when crappy shows are on. Don't view crappy videos on Youtube. Don't buy magazines that promote crap (this applies to ALL entertainment rags.)

If enough people just shut out all the gratuitous sex and violence, if we just ignore whateverthefuck some stupid pop star got tattooed, if everyone refuses to take a political side in arguments over taste levels, then entertainment media will gradually swing back to quality output.

I miss educational programs.

I hear ya. Like, The Learning Channel. That shows crap like Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo (yuk), and other crappy stuff that you learn is nothing BUT crap.
I don't watch much tv except a few shows I enjoy, not interested in Tatt shows, not thrilled with mental deranged people like Criminal Minds, etc.

Forum List

Back