You may ask "Which Universe Am I In?"

Rigorous studies of the results from the COBE and JWST satellites have given lots of understanding to the nature of the universe. A mathematical model describes the behavior of phenomena. The only underlying assumption is that the universe and matter can actually be modeled by mathematics.
I don’t believe that’s the only underlying assumption.

Actually even just recoding this in C# (very comparable to Java) and leveraging Linq, could simplify the code a lot, you'd be able to use Parralel.ForEach for example. that could leverage multiple cores.

FYI
Since each pixel is totally independent of neighboring pixels, parallelism would really speed things up. I'm sure Java optimization doesn't go as far as breaking up loops into individual threads.

I don’t believe that’s the only underlying assumption.
Of course the math must model experiments. In QED the math models experiments to one part per billion or trillion. That says alot about quantum mechanics.

When scientists discerned that the amount of matter calculated to exist in our universe didn’t correspond with various other assumptions, they posited a then new concept: dark matter. Then dark energy.

And while interesting, and possibly even a correct insight, it isn’t exactly established.

Every theory that then requires a new assumption to support it might be off or even wrong.

For instance, take this article:

Observing some problem with how matter got distributed through the cosmos led to a new theory. Right, wrong or something in between, we really don’t know. But the modeling had been predicated on what we thought we knew. So the discrepancy required some thinking beyond and above what we thought we knew about science. That is literally another appeal to the supernatural.

You are referring to empirical rigor. I believe we've already covered that ad nauseum. And i'm pretty sure we are all in agreement.
I was addressing what you had written.

Maybe you should consider being a bit more rigorous in striving for clarity.

Beyond that, we aren’t in agreement.

We since some areas of agreement.

I am not a cosmologist nor do I play one on tv. But I suspect you’re not, either.

Let me try it this way with you:

Do you believe that it is true — from our understanding of the laws of science and nature — that nothing which exists can have come into existence without having been created?

Forum List

Back