Sick

The kids are much worse off today then ever before

Children have always been uncivilized. Lord of the Flies comes to mind.

It has been our duty as elders in the past to guide them into mature adults with a sense of duty, compassion, caring for their fellow human beings and having an appreciation of the wonderful world we live in.

I don't know the when or the how of it but somewhere along the line in the past few years it would appear we have left children on their own without guiding them and we are witnessing the results of shirking our duties.

And it's not pretty.

Headlines about how online bullies cause teen to commit suicide, two young boys feeding a live kitten to their dogs, one boy filming another boy brutally beating his puppy, two female teenagers forcing a disabled child to have sex with an animal and filming this same child as he kept falling thru ice on a pond, and two young girls volunteering at a care home beating up a 98 year old, filming it and up loading the video. Sadly the list seems endless.

I can't consider all of these kids to be "The Bad Seed". We've really let down a generation.

The audience is just bigger.
Weird shit has always happened. It was just contained in the community's closets or local papers. Now anything and everything is instantly viral and exaggerated.

While I do agree that recent generations have devalued life while elevating their own self worth, I DO hope for a new rebellion that will turn us around.

Maybe the kids of all these freaks will rebel against their idiotic behavior and yo-yo us back into sanity
:cool:

The worm does turn, it's just a phase, it has happened many times in the past...

That's what I always told myself. That's why I called it a straw. All it takes is. one. last. straw.
That was it.

And it is going to just get more perverted. There is no going back. And the forward trail looks mighty disgusting.

I've seen this coming for quite awhile. It goes right along with torturing children and animals for fun.

Please do not air your mental illness on a public message board. It's between you and your shrink.

I have been open minded for a very long time. I guess that would make me leaning left..a liberal. However, as each day passes by, I find myself missing what used to be.
Lucy and Ricky had twin beds.
Families were like Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Bonanza, etc.
We had doctors like Marcus Welby, Ben Casey, Dr. Kildaire.
Lemonade stands were on street corners and kids rode bikes from can't see to can't see.

Now everything is going downhill. People are dying, doctors want money more than practicing the hypocratic oath, HMO's and APO's and Obamacare and red tape just to "get fixed". Murders, drive bys, gangs, gay parades where nudity is encouraged and idiots take their impressionable children to see it just because they want rights so that means waggling a penis in faces.

A handshake meant you had honor and would keep your word; God was allowed in businesses, on our dollars, in parks and in schools; morals and values were taught at home by parents that didn't have to have 5 jobs so at least one was there for them.

I think I turned in to an conservative. Yep. Pretty sure that's where I am at this point in time. I got pushed while sitting on the fence. What was that last proverbial straw?

People Are Actually Drinking Pig's Blood Cocktails, And We're Kind Of Terrified

I started out a very hardcore liberal. it just doesn't work. there are some interesting concepts, but as a whole, it is not beneficial to a prosperous society. as we become more liberal, society plunges deeper into decay. we are so far from where we were a few generations ago. this is not progress.

I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

“If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty ,you have no brain.”

A fake quote. Figures you'd be brainwashed enough to repeat it.

Like most people, Churchill was conservative when young, but turned more liberal when he was older. Experience with how the real world works is the best way to create liberals. So why would Churchill ever say such a thing that was so contrary to his own personal experience?

Last edited:
I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

“If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty ,you have no brain.”

A fake quote. Figures you'd be brainwashed enough to repeat it.

Like most people, Churchill was conservative when young, but turned more liberal when he was older. Experience with how the real world works is the best way to create liberals. So why would Churchill ever say such a thing that was so contrary to his own personal experience?

Link to that fact???...I presume my below Roosevelt quote is also bullshit?

Last edited:
I don't think people are "sicker" than they used to be..on the contrary I believe people in general are slowly but surely becoming more compassionate.

It seems to be a sicker society only because we see into the shadows that used to be private with today's means of communicating and a media that probes more unflinchingly as it exposes the underbelly of our strangest citizens.

Rape and child molestation has been going on since the dawn of time. It was just a dirty secret that for the most part never had the light of day shone on it except for the few percentages of those that got caught.

Murder and assault have also been a plague we have endured because people hid their experiences far more than we do today.

Consider what "we" did to the native Americans... Think about the unthinkable things that occured in the institution of slavery.

No.. things are not getting worse. They are just brought out in the open and thrown in our faces now.

Freedom of speach and "the public's right to know" is a coin with two sides. One is truth or the next best thing and the other side of the coin is the darkness and depravity of human nature we need to see and hear about because we value "the truth".

If you are tired of getting exposed to the dark side then tune it out. You are not obligated to read the National Enquirerer or leave your TV set on. If everything MUST be your business then stop whining about what you learn.

The world IS getting better. But remember in the news.."If it bleeds...it leads".

You must look for the goodness on your own. It is all around you. It isn't that hard to spot. You don't need Fox News to point it out for you. Rupert Murdoch won't offer it to you because it doesn't make him money.

I find it strangely comforting that that worst of human nature is exposed with today's media. It shows what we need to work on. Most of the path to enlightenment is seeing what the world REALLY is and not living in denial.
:thup: to the bold.

Not only brought out in the open but reported on, in a 24hr news cycle, ad-naseum to such a degree that you're labled insensitive for not feeling the same faux outrage as the reporter or a raging lunatic if you do

The problem with all that 'we've always had sickos' analysis is that we have also always had copy cats and stupidly impressionable people who refrain from horrific crimes simply because it just hasn't occurred to them to do the worst things,... till now.

Our media glamorizes this shit and makes these creeps into some kind of anti-hero worthy of applause and adulation.

Then they got emulation.

Seriously weak sauce OP.

This is sick:

Mexican cartel member investigated over organ-harvesting claims | World news | theguardian.com

Mexican authorities have captured an alleged drug trafficker from the Caballeros Templarios (Knights Templar) cartel who officials say is being investigated on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering children in order to harvest their organs for sale.

The security secretary for Michoacán state, Carlos Castellanos, said Manuel Plancarte Gaspar was arrested last week in possession of a stolen vehicle and drugs, and was suspected of involvement in a network that killed children in order to extract and sell their organs.

Castallenos gave few details of the investigation, but one of the leaders of a vigilante movement in Michoacán formed to combat the Caballeros Templarios responded to the news by saying locals had long known that organ trafficking "was part of the business of these people"

Last edited:
Seriously weak sauce OP.

This is sick:

Mexican cartel member investigated over organ-harvesting claims | World news | theguardian.com

Mexican authorities have captured an alleged drug trafficker from the Caballeros Templarios (Knights Templar) cartel who officials say is being investigated on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering children in order to harvest their organs for sale.

The security secretary for Michoacán state, Carlos Castellanos, said Manuel Plancarte Gaspar was arrested last week in possession of a stolen vehicle and drugs, and was suspected of involvement in a network that killed children in order to extract and sell their organs.

Castallenos gave few details of the investigation, but one of the leaders of a vigilante movement in Michoacán formed to combat the Caballeros Templarios responded to the news by saying locals had long known that organ trafficking "was part of the business of these people"

My op is not about who can find the most gruesome thing happening, dude. Horrors happen everywhere. All are bad. And like many said, it is the nonstop In Our Faces by media that is causing the global numbness.
But the more that is tolerated even if it is wrong, the more that happens that is even more wrong. I'm not sure if that even makes sense to anyone but it does to me.
I want what was. I miss what was. I hate this trip we are all taking into madness.

So go ahead and find more atrocities if it floats yer boat. For myself..I've had enough. I don't think I will be as liberal in my thinking any more because look where we are.
Does this mean I will be unfair? No. But if I can put some brakes on with my votes, my voice, my actions..then by golly that is exactly what I plan to do.

Ethics, morals, and principles, sadly lacking in America today. I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

What's happened is that the Civil Society which promoted shared, life affirming values has been crowded out by the twin abomination of Big Government and Pop Culture.

Well put. And one of the wisest posts I've seen on this board for a long time.

We should create a new voting system where yes, you can vote when you are young but only worth a certain percentage as to your age. The older, wiser people should have a greater percentage. I think back at the thoughts bouncing around in my rabidly liberal mind back in the day and I shudder to think I was helping create policy with my vote. And for that matter, the first time I voted, I voted blindly for a republican who helped wreck this economy, from family influences then. Back and forth, back and forth. Until I really had lived a little, I really had no clue what was best for this country.

Catering policy to the ignorant whims of youth is a recipe for a dead nation.

Ethics, morals, and principles, sadly lacking in America today. I'm always reminded of this Winston Churchill quote....

What's happened is that the Civil Society which promoted shared, life affirming values has been crowded out by the twin abomination of Big Government and Pop Culture.

We should create a new voting system where yes, you can vote when you are young but only worth a certain percentage as to your age. The older, wiser people should have a greater percentage. I think back at the thoughts bouncing around in my rabidly liberal mind back in the day and I shudder to think I was helping create policy with my vote. And for that matter, the first time I voted, I voted blindly for a republican who helped wreck this economy, from family influences then. Back and forth, back and forth. Until I really had lived a little, I really had no clue what was best for this country.

I know some old people that are hopelessly uninformed, tinfoil hat wearing, batshit crazies.

Older doesn't always mean wiser.

I know some old people that are hopelessly uninformed, tinfoil hat wearing, batshit crazies.

Older doesn't always mean wiser.

And we see by many of the posts that the younger members put out that they are hopelessly uninformed, tinfoil hat wearing, batshit crazies.

It's awful. And like I said...it is only going to get worse.

Took me a long time to get to this point. When will executions be public? When will shooting a puppy on live tv be considered "art"? When will....insert your own horrific imagination here __________.

Actually Gracie...reliance on guns for solutions, intolerance and harsh public punishment and humiliation are more consistent With conservative notions than liberal or progressive ones...not that I'm indicting any particular ideology...
Bad stuff has always happened...children abused, parents unfaithful...politics corrupt ...racism prevailed and Ozzie and Harriet were not really representative of the status quo...more of an escapist fantasy..
But NOW...with the Internet and 24 hr. news cycle...we get to hear all the bad and ugly..endlessly and with hate and fear provoking talk thrown in by media types seeking notoriety and stardom.
It's true that politics have become more vitriolic and corrupt, largely due to the influx of BIG money which politicians and candidates struggle to draw to survive and prevail in office...
but
that is hardly due to liberal influence...rather; it was the conservative leaning Supreme Court that took the brakes off corporate spending in politics and ushered in the era of PACs...
So Gracie...I can't blame u for being fed up...I feel that way sometimes too...but please try not to blame liberals and align with conservatives as a consequence....We all need to accept differences in our multicultural society and not try not to scapegoat the "other"...and use the information we gather to work together; not against each other.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
I have been open minded for a very long time. I guess that would make me leaning left..a liberal. However, as each day passes by, I find myself missing what used to be.
Lucy and Ricky had twin beds.
Families were like Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Bonanza, etc.
We had doctors like Marcus Welby, Ben Casey, Dr. Kildaire.
Lemonade stands were on street corners and kids rode bikes from can't see to can't see.

Now everything is going downhill. People are dying, doctors want money more than practicing the hypocratic oath, HMO's and APO's and Obamacare and red tape just to "get fixed". Murders, drive bys, gangs, gay parades where nudity is encouraged and idiots take their impressionable children to see it just because they want rights so that means waggling a penis in faces.

A handshake meant you had honor and would keep your word; God was allowed in businesses, on our dollars, in parks and in schools; morals and values were taught at home by parents that didn't have to have 5 jobs so at least one was there for them.

I think I turned in to an conservative. Yep. Pretty sure that's where I am at this point in time. I got pushed while sitting on the fence. What was that last proverbial straw?

People Are Actually Drinking Pig's Blood Cocktails, And We're Kind Of Terrified

everything's going downhill, people are dying. :(

Lucy and Ricky had twin beds because they couldn't stand each other.

No, it was actually because CBS mandated it.

Nowadays, people are literally shitting on television for entertainment.

And get this: Some people deny that our culture is in rapid decay.

Imagine that, huh?

Are there any cultures in the world which are not in rapid decay?

Imagine that, huh?

They considered it lewd to show them in the same bed. Same reason they had a fit when she was pregnant but she insisted...and she is the first person on television to ever show a pregnancy. And yes..nowadays, filth seems to be the soup de jour of the day.
Awful shows..cussing...sex...torture (criminal minds show comes to mind), crotches in faces, same sex kissing and fondling, murders, prison shows, heterosexuals kissing and fondling and butt/tit shots galore, just negative negative negative and we wonder why the youngest generation is so....numb with violence constantly being shoved in their faces.
Decay is a good word. Yes. We are all decaying.

Imagine that, huh?

They considered it lewd to show them in the same bed. Same reason they had a fit when she was pregnant but she insisted...and she is the first person on television to ever show a pregnancy. And yes..nowadays, filth seems to be the soup de jour of the day.
Awful shows..cussing...sex...torture (criminal minds show comes to mind), crotches in faces, same sex kissing and fondling, murders, prison shows, heterosexuals kissing and fondling and butt/tit shots galore, just negative negative negative and we wonder why the youngest generation is so....numb with violence constantly being shoved in their faces.
Decay is a good word. Yes. We are all decaying.

But tragically, we are CHOOSING to ALLOW our culture to decay.

It's not like a body part that decays with time and usage.

We continue to CHOOSE to lower standards, and the results are predictable.

Forum List

Back