Zone1 This is Probably Biggest Difference of all Between Catholic and Protestant Bibles

Well, that's amazing.. you finally post something I can agree with.. Well, not some of the last sentences because I haven't studied that. But I did know about... what is written in the first 3 paragraphs or so..

Maccabees make the book of Daniel make sense.

No, they don't and even when they agree, they disagree, because.. u know.. things like this

You are Catholic

which triggers the "always disagree with Catholics even when they're correct or you can't prove otherwise"

reaction
There's much to disagree with Catholics about.

"Peace on Earth, good will to men," is a mistranslation.

The passage should read, "Peace on Earth to men of good will."

Name a few complaints against Catholicism to find a list of what Protestants don't wanna do.
Observations, not complaints. In that regard I also observe what Protestants believe that I don't. I'm "working out my own salvation", which includes being opinionated.

Protestants have holes in their beliefs.

They teach us to trust the Bible, but teach us to distrust the Catholic Church, which created the Bible.

They don't believe in purgatory because books they removed from the Bible are the source of that belief.

They can't explain "faith alone saves" when Jesus's parables clearly teach the opposite. And also, the Epistle of James.

Protestants say Jesus didn't really mean it when he taught his disciples to "eat my body and drink my blood."

Protestants allow divorce and remarriage, they didn't used to.

I heard a Protestant woman talk about "strangers in heaven" -- people who get into heaven but no one knows they're there. C.S. Lewis also used this idea, the dwarves caught in a box that exists only in their imagination.

When faith alone saves, you have to explain how some people get into heaven when they did rotten things their entire life.

Protestant Bibles have St Luke 13:3 speaking of repentance. The Catholic Bible uses the term doing penance. In the most reliable version of the Bible, the Douay Rheims, Jesus says

"Unless you do penance, you will all perish [in Hell]"

The Protestant Bibles just says "Unless you repent..."

So we see how it DOES make a big difference whether you are Catholic or Protestant.

Repenting is just the first step toward getting to Heaven. Doing penance means doing things that make up for the bad you've done.. and accepting sufferings as chastisement for sins.. you hit your thumb on a hammer.. you can offer that up to God in expiation of your serious sins. Someone on the internet is rude to you, ditto.. you can offer it to God in atonement for your sins.. (you will have no end of penances there!).. car breaks down.. ditto.

Then once you exhaust (or think you've exhausted) the list of your own sins, you can tackle the sins of others. The Virgin Mary appeared @ Fatima 1917 and told the children (and all of us) to offer sufferings for souls in mortal sin--on their way to Hell-- so that they will repent and not end up there.

Lord what a troll.

Forum List

Back