I probably won't vote this year

I wasn't going to vote in 2016, but then Trump revealed in a debate that Hillary was in favor of partial-birth abortion. I felt I had to vote for Trump after learning that.

In 2020, I voted for Trump because he had come through on Supreme Court appointments which ultimately led to the repeal of the infamous decision Roe v. Wade.

But now, it appears, that Trump thinks he no longer needs the votes of pro-lifers. Vance announced Trump would veto if there was any attempt to outlaw abortion at the federal level.

So, I'm staying home this election.

A veto of a national abortion ban would be the right thing to do. Abortion is a states rights issue not a federal government issue. A national abortion ban would be just as wrong as a national pro abortion law.

I wasn't going to vote in 2016, but then Trump revealed in a debate that Hillary was in favor of partial-birth abortion. I felt I had to vote for Trump after learning that.

In 2020, I voted for Trump because he had come through on Supreme Court appointments which ultimately led to the repeal of the infamous decision Roe v. Wade.

But now, it appears, that Trump thinks he no longer needs the votes of pro-lifers. Vance announced Trump would veto if there was any attempt to outlaw abortion at the federal level.

You’re acting as if the Congress will actually pass such a bill. They won’t. Even if it is controlled by the GOP. Too many will still be RINOs. Even if they did, SCOTUS has ruled it is a states rights issue since it is not in the Constitution. So even if he signed it, it would get tossed by SCOTUS.

The only way to make a national ban is by amendment. And that will never happen unless there is a biblical shift in America.

That's okay .. Democrats will see an available ballot and just vote for you :)

WTF is "partial birth abortion"?

I will probably vote, just not for any of the national races. We usually have some ballot initiative or state/local races on the ballot.

I will probably vote, just not for any of the national races. We usually have some ballot initiative or state/local races on the ballot.
Agreed. We have a school referendum on the ballot. It usually passes 85 to 15. Lits of support. 3 million per year for 3 years.

How absurd.

Trump promised to get 'Roe' overturned, nothing more.

Mission accomplished.

As SCOTUS pointed out in 'Dobbs', the issue is returned to the States, so no Federal law can ban abortion.

Frankly, your attitude, and too many share a similar attitude, is how Democrats achieve what they achieve.

Not voting is akin to approving Democrat policies, including adding seats to the Supreme court under a Democrat President, which would reverse 'Dobbs'.

How absurd.

Mission accomplished.

As SCOTUS pointed out in 'Dobbs', the issue is returned to the States, so no Federal law can ban abortion.

Frankly, your attitude, and too many share a similar attitude, is how Democrats achieve what they achieve.

Not voting is akin to approving Democrat policies, including adding seats to the Supreme court under a Democrat President, which would reverse 'Dobbs'.
Nope. Wrong. Not voting helps nobody. Want me to vote for your person provide me with one worth voting for.

When both candidates are as horrible as Trump and Kamela Harris, you can't convince me to vote for the "lesser of two evils."

How absurd.

Mission accomplished.

how is not voting helping democrats policies?....why woudnt it help the republicans?...

Not a smart move on your part.

When both candidates are as horrible as Trump and Kamela Harris, you can't convince me to vote for the "lesser of two evils."

If you don't vote, you may be putting the greater of two evils in office.

I look at voting the same way I see jury duty- it's my civic responsibility.

Forum List

Back