Sidney Poitier - A Man and his Impact

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

My daddy - may he rest in peace - once said that Sidney Poitier (actually, the characters he played) was what "white" people were promised when "we" bought into Equal Opportunity for all. But what we got was Al Sharpton.

Bait & switch.
Your dad taught you some racist bullshit. Besides he was talking about fictional characters and not the real man. This is how far out to lunch you racists are. Sidney Poitier was at the March on Washington. Sidney Poitier stood for civil rights. You got Sharpton because people like you are still practicing racism.

My daddy - may he rest in peace - once said that Sidney Poitier (actually, the characters he played) was what "white" people were promised when "we" bought into Equal Opportunity for all. But what we got was Al Sharpton.

Bait & switch.
In The Heat Of The Night was one of my favourite films of all time

Especially Rod Steiger at 5.38 where he says "One hundred 62 dollars and 39 cents a week...well boy !!" That's next level acting ...get's me everytime.

I also love this scene of Poitier bcoz wasn't all "I'm a cop ! Get your hands of me" he just reeled them in and gave him the Dwayne Johnson's "rock bottom at 3.54"

giphy.gif

And produced his id lol

Having said that. When lots of non blk ppl are praising a black man's death and doing the RIP. I get suspicious. Poitier was no Malcolm X. He was no Muhammad Ali

But let's be clear before him black people were shown like this in Hollywood

And the fact that he married a white women. Sorry Sidney for all that he done HAS to be a strike against him but RIP to him

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
In The Heat Of The Night was one of my favourite films of all time

Especially Rod Steiger at 5.38 where he says "One hundred 62 dollars and 39 cents a week...well boy !!" That's next level acting ...get's me everytime.

I also love this scene of Poitier bcoz wasn't all "I'm a cop ! Get your hands of me" he just reeled them in and gave him the Dwayne Johnson's "rock bottom at 3.54"

giphy.gif

And produced his id lol

Having said that. When lots of non blk ppl are praising a black man's death and doing the RIP. I get suspicious. Poitier was no Malcolm X. He was no Muhammad Ali

But let's be clear before him black people were shown like this in Hollywood

And the fact that he married a white women. Sorry Sidney for all that he done HAS to be a strike against him but RIP to him

Sidney Poitier did support the Civil Rights Movement and the fact he married a white woman never stopped him from being black. Unlike Clarence Thomas. Ben Carson married a black woman and look at him.

But he did change the roles of black people played in movies.

These racists suddenly loving Poitier is fake news. We both know they couldn't stand the roles he played.

SP's characters were dignified, articulate, respectful (when appropriate), and self-assured. The actor himself got involved in many civil rights causes and events - good on him.

But the "movement" was hijacked by such as Sharpton, whiney, sniveling, demanding, lying, nauseating human beings.

And now, Blacks who display the personality traits of SP's characters are called "sell-outs." "Why you talkin' WHITE?"

Forum List

Back