Sifan Hassan wearing hijab to gold medal Olympics crowning ceremony dubbed 'powerful' statement

Yes, but there is nothing "powerful" about covering your head in order to please thy master.
Others disagree
images

1723575629198.jpeg

1723575672468.jpeg

1723575711082.jpeg
images

Tell it to all the poor kids terrorized by Nuns

I'm much more concerned with the people of the world terrorized by Islamists. Last time I looked, Nuns were not flying airliners into skyscrapers, or strapping themselves with explosives in order to kill as many people as possible.

I'm much more concerned with the people of the world terrorized by Islamists. Last time I looked, Nuns were not flying airliners into skyscrapers, or strapping themselves with explosives in order to kill as many people as possible.
Are you shitting me?

I would rather face a 9-11 Terrorist than an Angry Nun

Dutch gold medal winners are? What exactly is your point?

Nuns are the worst Terrorists let loose on society
Mom still remember some from school as being especially cruel. Others she liked.*

*One described being in Africa tending to sick people with symptoms sounding remarkably like AIDS, but decades before it officially appeared.

If a nun gets laid, she gets thrown out of church.

If a woman removes her hijab or cheats on her husband, she gets a beating or an honor killing.

So let's not take the comparison too far.
Are you kidding me?

More kids have nightmares about Nuns than Muslims

HERE IS FEMALE REAL STRENGTH

Team GB runner finished marathon despite breaking leg​

And she is very good looking , ultra feminine and exceedingly well spoken . A perfect English rose

A Team GB marathon runner completed the gruelling event at the Paris Olympics in under three hours despite sustaining a broken leg in the race.
Rose Harvey, from Evesham, Worcestershire, told the BBC she refused to give up after training hard and coming into the Games in the form of her life.
The 31-year-old, who is currently on crutches, now says she faces a new challenge - of how to get married in three weeks.
Harvey battled through the "agony" to finish 78th in a time of 2:51:03 in 24C heat. The Netherlands' Sifan Hassan took gold in an Olympic record time of 2:22:55.
The British athlete said it became clear to her from about two miles into Sunday morning's race that her hip - which had begun feeling tight three weeks previously - was going to be "really, pretty painful".
She ended up crossing the line with a stress fracture of her femur.
"It was really tough," Harvey told the BBC.
"The hills didn't help at all, the downhills were just agony and it just got worse and worse. At the halfway mark I knew it was going to be incredibly painful."
Despite treatment for her hip before the Olympics, the injury did not appear to be getting any better.
Doctors and physios told Harvey that running the marathon would make it worse - but there was a chance that she could get through it and do her training justice.
With no Team GB reserve available to fill her space, Harvey decided to attempt the event and felt positive on the start line.
Six miles in, though, she was falling behind the pack and soon running on her own.
But Harvey, who was selected after running 2:23:21 in Chicago last year - just 26 seconds shy of Hassan's finishing time in Paris - fought through the pain to complete the event ahead of two other runners. Nepal's Shantoshi Shrestha was embraced by the winner after finishing, while many in the crowd ran alongside Bhutan's Kinzang Lhamo to cheer her on as she came in last.
Eleven more did not finish.
"The Olympic energy was kind of what kept me going to that finish line," she said.
"Any other race I would have stopped, because I wasn't able to run like I normally can... and the pain was really bad, but I just had to get to that finish line, I had to do the Olympic marathon."
Harvey says she now cannot put any weight through her leg at all so is not sure how she finished. But the athlete highlighted gaining "grit and resilience" from her training, having friends and family in France and the "incredible crowds" as helping her.
She said the thought of her fiance, Charlie Thuillier, also kept her going.
"Every mile, I just thought 'right, just run to Charlie, run to when I can see him next'."

Forum List

Back