Since search engines like Google obviously work for CCP, what search engines do not?

interesting. seems more a result of the right hammering it for "popular" results than duckduckgo manipulating results like Google does.

interesting. seems more a result of the right hammering it for "popular" results than duckduckgo manipulating results like Google does.

I took it more of a showing that every search engines has it biases and gives the results it wants to give. DDG caters to the right wing, thus they magically show more rightwing results.

Google does exactly that by ordering results in a partisan matter. I mean if you are willing to go to the 4th or 4th page of search results to find alternative points of view then have at it.
The people protesting don’t seem to mind that results are ordered in a partisan manner, just which partisan manner. IMO, those complaining the loudest want their favorite sites upgraded for purely partisan reasons regardless of popularity.

Last edited:
I took it more of a showing that every search engines has it biases and gives the results it wants to give. DDG caters to the right wing, thus they magically show more rightwing results.
again, I don't think they cater, from reading the article they simply provide popular search results. if rw is using it looking for rw stuff, it will filter to the top of searches.

I don't read they push it to the right anywhere in your article.

I do read thst Google pushes traditional media to the top, which "does" manipulate results.

Last edited:
The people protesting don’t seem to mind that results are ordered in a partisan manner, just which partisan manner.
To my knowledge there is no search engine that provides results with conservative bias.
There are really only 3.
Google, Bing and Yahoo.
The others are only skins of one of these, most Google.
There are obscure others, most of them geared towards specific kinds of searches and not general searching.

again, I don't think they cater, from reading toye article they simply provide popular search results. of rw is using it looking for rw stuff, it will filter to the top of searches.

I don't read they push it to the right anywhere in your article.

I do read thst Google pushes traditional media to the top, which "does" manipulate results.

You really do not think they cater? You think it is just coincidence that it is the far rightwing sites that happen to show up the most in their results?

You really do not think they cater? You think it is just coincidence that it is the far rightwing sites that happen to show up the most in their results?
Yes. I read your article and I read the wiki site. I don't read ANYONE accusing them of manipulating results.

I read Google does.

now, if mostly right wing users are searching then their results will filter to the top and be "popular" by nature of how searches work.

I agree it shows right wingers use it. thats a result of searches conducted.

I disagree ddg is pushing it like Google pushes results.

Who needs a censor, when you can do it yourself?
It's not censorship, it's filtering out known sources of disinformation in order to research more efficiently.

Are you intelligent enough to comprehend the difference, or are you a dumbass?

There is definitely "filtering" going on. You can go to bing and view or delete your search history they have stored.

But is there censorship going on? I'd say absolutely. This begs the question "Who censors the content?" Does the Department of Defense still "own" the internet here in the USA? After all, they created it, and I don't recall anything published whereby they gave up ownership. Or maybe the FCC has a bigger role now? The fact that corporations are allowed to connect to it with their networks doesn't mean they are totally autonomous...they still have to follow the chain of command and standard protocols.

And if privacy is a concern, you'll also want to use a secure (and private) DNS server: the standard ones will store what sites you go to and those records are viewable and traceable based on your MAC address. All bets are off if you use Edge (it stores everything anyway, and even resets your choice of DNS server at random times).

no it isn't. it's a combination of hundreds of sources.

If you shut down Google...Duckduckgo would cease to exist.
There is definitely "filtering" going on. You can go to bing and view or delete your search history they have stored.

But is there censorship going on? I'd say absolutely. This begs the question "Who censors the content?" Does the Department of Defense still "own" the internet here in the USA? After all, they created it, and I don't recall anything published whereby they gave up ownership. Or maybe the FCC has a bigger role now? The fact that corporations are allowed to connect to it with their networks doesn't mean they are totally autonomous...they still have to follow the chain of command and standard protocols.

And if privacy is a concern, you'll also want to use a secure (and private) DNS server: the standard ones will store what sites you go to and those records are viewable and traceable based on your MAC address. All bets are off if you use Edge (it stores everything anyway, and even resets your choice of DNS server at random times).
The censoring that occurs is based entirely more on who pays to be at the top.
Google turned the internet into "Search for Hire" 20 years ago. So much so, that if you own a business and don't pay Google a monthly fee - you simply won't show up in a search...at least not until waaaaaay below other folks who DID pay.
That kind of power shouldn't be given to any one company. But the government allows all kinds of monopolies for the past 30 years. In fact, they encourage monopolies to exist.

It's not censorship, it's filtering out known sources of disinformation in order to research more efficiently.

Are you intelligent enough to comprehend the difference, or are you a dumbass?
Self-censorship. Po-TAY-to, po-TAH-to. It doesn’t matter who’s doing it, as long as information is being limited. It’s actually worse than what Google does, downgrading sites so that appear later in a search, by eliminating sites altogether.

If you shut down Google...Duckduckgo would cease to exist.

The censoring that occurs is based entirely more on who pays to be at the top.
Google turned the internet into "Search for Hire" 20 years ago. So much so, that if you own a business and don't pay Google a monthly fee - you simply won't show up in a search...at least not until waaaaaay below other folks who DID pay.
That kind of power shouldn't be given to any one company. But the government allows all kinds of monopolies for the past 30 years. In fact, they encourage monopolies to exist.
no it wouldn't. (appears it would as I keep researching)

DuckDuckGo vs. Google: An In-Depth Search Engine Comparison

DuckDuckGo uses its web crawler, DuckDuckBot, and up to 400 other sources to compile its search results, including other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex, and crowdsourcing sites like Wikipedia.

This is where DuckDuckGo’s Knowledge panel-like breakout box on the right rail with important details like name, address, phone number, website, etc., are drawn from, including Wikipedia.

DuckDuckGo also pulls information from user-review site Yelp, including reviews, addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for that panel as well.

Business-location directions are now provided exclusively by Apple Maps, a change from prior to 2019 when DDG defaulted to Bing Map.

please feel free to correct me with technical documentation that shows ddg uses Google at the core.

Last edited:
The results you're actually searching for, moron
How would you know which sites that would be ahead of time? That doesn’t sound like a search for the facts, but a way to confirm one’s biases.

no it wouldn't. (appears it would as I keep researching)

DuckDuckGo vs. Google: An In-Depth Search Engine Comparison

DuckDuckGo uses its web crawler, DuckDuckBot, and up to 400 other sources to compile its search results, including other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex, and crowdsourcing sites like Wikipedia.

This is only partly accurate: I maintain about a half dozen websites, and based on my server logs, there is a BOT with a similar sounding name that crawls some of my sites but infrequently. An example from my logs is pasted below. Not shown is the fact that this "DuckDuckGo-Favicons-Bot" only made 1 request to my servers over a one week period. This is extremely low for a crawler, as there are over 50 crawlers with distinct IP domains and names that crawl on a regular basis, each with at least 10 hits per crawl.

duckduckgo-example.png

This is where DuckDuckGo’s Knowledge panel-like breakout box on the right rail with important details like name, address, phone number, website, etc., are drawn from, including Wikipedia.

DuckDuckGo also pulls information from user-review site Yelp, including reviews, addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for that panel as well.

Business-location directions are now provided exclusively by Apple Maps, a change from prior to 2019 when DDG defaulted to Bing Map.

please feel free to correct me with technical documentation that shows ddg uses Google at the core.

So long story short, I believe duckduckgo uses google for most of your page searches. It may do some extra crawling for other services, like the ones you've got listed.

Most likely, there is still "filtering" or some sort of preference algorithm going on, even though they don't store any information themselves. And most likely, all search engines use a single, government controlled, database. This is not necessarily a bad thing...but could definitely lead to mis-use in the wrong hands.

[FYI: I have blocked ALL of googles known networks from accessing my servers, in part due to extreme hacker-attack activity, and in part due to their horrible reputation dealing with businesses]

Forum List

Back