Sinn Fein poised to win in Ulster

So when left wings protest, that is a step toward democracy and when the right wing protests it is hatred of democracy.

If you are against protest Tommy, then you are intolerant of others and you are the real hater of democracy because you don't believe all should be heard and considered.

You need to let go of your irrational hatred.
The DUP backed brexit and got shafted. Who should they be protesting against other than the DUP ?

You might find Ulster poliics complicated and that is because it is.

basically Ulster voted against brexit because people recognised the issues that would arise.

The DUP backed it because they are essentially little englanders and also fucking stupid.

Brexit was then imposed on the province by London.

5 years on and there is a settlement that doesnt please the DUP. The dup are now a moinority party and the majority of voters voted for parties who are happy with the protocol.

So the english govt is now saying it will rip up the protocol in order o please a minority in Ulster.

Truss is proposing to do this to an agreement that she herself voted for.

How are the EU meant to do business with these dcoundrels ?

its not a right/left issue. One side is following democratic processes and the other is destroying the peace in the province. mainly because Boris lied to them.

I suggest that you read up on the issue before spouting off in ignorance.

The DUP backed brexit and got shafted. Who should they be protesting against other than the DUP ?

You might find Ulster poliics complicated and that is because it is.

basically Ulster voted against brexit because people recognised the issues that would arise.

The DUP backed it because they are essentially little englanders and also fucking stupid.

Brexit was then imposed on the province by London.

5 years on and there is a settlement that doesnt please the DUP. The dup are now a moinority party and the majority of voters voted for parties who are happy with the protocol.

So the english govt is now saying it will rip up the protocol in order o please a minority in Ulster.

Truss is proposing to do this to an agreement that she herself voted for.

How are the EU meant to do business with these dcoundrels ?

its not a right/left issue. One side is following democratic processes and the other is destroying the peace in the province. mainly because Boris lied to them.

I suggest that you read up on the issue before spouting off in ignorance.
You know I live in a state that is controlled by two counties, and when we lose elections we are to suck it up.

You lost the election, your country considers your voice moot because of where you live, that is the way it is in this country as well and you left wing assholes tell us to suck it up. So suck it up buttercup, no sympathy from me, its a way of life in this country.

No, why in the US? In Ukraine.
Hmm because there is only one of you I imagined you were safe in the US. Are you safe? My position on Ukraine is that I don't think I know enough about it yet. I certainly do not want your people hurt or your cities destroyed as I am seeing. I don't like this war and I think it is dangerous to more than just yourselves. My initial thought was that you would be better to just give in and live to do whatever it is another day but that was because I thought you didn't have a chance. Sadly I still think that is so unless the West takes it to such extremes that I think there is a high chance Putin will go for nuclear but you have done well so far. One of the things I am considering because it has been suggested is that the West in some way encouraged you in this direction and I can see that there possibly are some who did. If this was done with the intent on drawing Putin out to destroy himself at your cost, I would be less than happy. I do not think we should take this to WW3. stay well.

You know I live in a state that is controlled by two counties, and when we lose elections we are to suck it up.

You lost the election, your country considers your voice moot because of where you live, that is the way it is in this country as well and you left wing assholes tell us to suck it up. So suck it up buttercup, no sympathy from me, its a way of life in this country.

Im not sure what you are on about,. the OP is about the Irish election in which I dont have a vote.
Sinn Fein won the election and the DUP are refusing to sit with them. That is not a democratic stance in any country.. The UK govt are siding with the DUP which makes a mockery of the election.

What part do you want me to suck up ?

Hmm because there is only one of you I imagined you were safe in the US. Are you safe? My position on Ukraine is that I don't think I know enough about it yet. I certainly do not want your people hurt or your cities destroyed as I am seeing. I don't like this war and I think it is dangerous to more than just yourselves. My initial thought was that you would be better to just give in and live to do whatever it is another day but that was because I thought you didn't have a chance. Sadly I still think that is so unless the West takes it to such extremes that I think there is a high chance Putin will go for nuclear but you have done well so far. One of the things I am considering because it has been suggested is that the West in some way encouraged you in this direction and I can see that there possibly are some who did. If this was done with the intent on drawing Putin out to destroy himself at your cost, I would be less than happy. I do not think we should take this to WW3. stay well.
Our city was under the siege in March. But I with my family are okay, thanks.

I think that Ukraine was doomed in any case. I don't believe that the Putin regime was going to allow it to leave Russian sphere. What will be next, I don't know. There are various opinions.

Our city was under the siege in March. But I with my family are okay, thanks.

I just cannot image what it is like to live through that. I am glad you are ok now and hope you are left alone. I am not sure how much we see here is genuine. Do they chose the one street destroyed or is the whole of that area destroyed. It is hard to know and how people like yourself and your family are 'ok' but \I am glad you feel able to say you are.
I think that Ukraine was doomed in any case. I don't believe that the Putin regime was going to allow it to leave Russian sphere.
What will be next, I don't know. There are various opinions.
I'd be interested to hear what you think they are and what you would like the West to do. What would you see as the best outcome?

An historic moment. However their right wing opponents may try and collapse the assembly by refusing to take their seats.

What is it with right wing parties and their hatred of democracy ?

Unionism is riven by factions and have made error after error in their decision making. they backed brexit against the wishes of the country. Then they backed the tories who promptly sold them out.

They are using the brexit settlement as an excuse to collapse the government. And its true that they have been shafted by the tories.

The only good news is that the non sectarian allliance party has made progress. They are probably the hope of the province.

How sad that the terrorists win

I just cannot image what it is like to live through that. I am glad you are ok now and hope you are left alone. I am not sure how much we see here is genuine. Do they chose the one street destroyed or is the whole of that area destroyed. It is hard to know and how people like yourself and your family are 'ok' but \I am glad you feel able to say you are
I think much depends on the size of a city, its location, the number of Ukrainian troops there so on. Our city and the region were 'lucky' to have a set of small rivers flowing around and the bridges over them wele blown off by the defenders. This greatly reduced the capability of Russian troops to maneuver and resupply.

Overall, there were three main directions the Russians chose to get through the city. There were heavy fights there and those areas got significant damages. Also, there were artillery shelling and airstrikes. Many objects of the city infrastructure were damaged and there were disruptions in electricity and water supply, telephone and Internet communications etc. Long lines for food and water, of course.

A month is passed since the Russians went away from the area and a great job has been done to turn the city to everyday life. In some areas you wouldn't say there was a war if you hadn't known.

I'd be interested to hear what you think they are and what you would like the West to do. What would you see as the best outcome?
I don't know what will be and don't dare to forecast. Some say Putin will attempt a second raid on Kiev; some say he will try to freeze the war; some believe in a big counter-offensive of Ukrainian troops so on.

I can't say what will come true. I think he has already given up the idea to take Kiev. The Russians are trying hold up and widen the captured territories in the East and South parts of Ukraine. I don't exclude that Putin can declare war and full mobilization in Russia for that and start pushing to Odesa and Transnistria.

Whether Ukrainian troops are able for a major counter-offensive, well, maybe yes and maybe not. They were mostly good at the defence, but offensive operations require different tactic and significant excess in manpower and hardware. The Russians just have bigger numbers. But then again, their frontline is spreading, their logistics suck as whole their army. We'll see.

The best outcome? It is 'strategical defeat' of Russia. Strong and expanded NATO, Ukraine getting back all its territory (including Donbas and Crimea) and joining to the West's economic and security area (even without joining the EU and NATO formally). That is a maximum task. What will be achieved of that, if any, the time will show.

What the West can do? It is already doing much, really. I was highly sceptical in the first days of the war, but the things changed significantly since then. Of course, I am not going to call on to send troops in. Maybe it should just continue to do what it is doing now - economic pressure on Russia and military support of Ukraine.

I think much depends on the size of a city, its location, the number of Ukrainian troops there so on. Our city and the region were 'lucky' to have a set of small rivers flowing around and the bridges over them wele blown off by the defenders. This greatly reduced the capability of Russian troops to maneuver and resupply.

Overall, there were three main directions the Russians chose to get through the city. There were heavy fights there and those areas got significant damages. Also, there were artillery shelling and airstrikes. Many objects of the city infrastructure were damaged and there were disruptions in electricity and water supply, telephone and Internet communications etc. Long lines for food and water, of course.

A month is passed since the Russians went away from the area and a great job has been done to turn the city to everyday life. In some areas you wouldn't say there was a war if you hadn't known.
Oh Wow really pleased to hear this. I was wondering what you were all doing with those cities which appeared completely destroyed.

Oh Wow really pleased to hear this. I was wondering what you were all doing with those cities which appeared completely destroyed.
Well, our city is far from 'completely destroyed'. We were lucky not to have street to street fighting. Though, some predicted that we would become a second Mariupol.

As I said above, some areas are heavily damaged, but some almost didn't catch fire. But then again, what is going on in other cities which were damaged I can't say for sure.

So the evil protocol is actually helping the Northern Ireland economy.

They can trade freely with Europe.

And yet the UK wants to drag the province down like the rest of the UK.

WTF is going on ?

So the evil protocol is actually helping the Northern Ireland economy.

They can trade freely with Europe.

And yet the UK wants to drag the province down like the rest of the UK.

WTF is going on ?
The DUP are complaining because rather than customs being done at the border it is done on things coming from the UK and they believe that should not happen as they are part of the UK. That is what it is. What they believe is that in a few years people will quite happily vote for a United Ireland because that will be what they will very nearly be and it will make sense and be very easy to achieve. They DUP would rather the economy was destroyed than have that.

Its like they dont think that their actions have consequences. Its such a reassurance that we "hold all the cards"

Forum List

Back