Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama’s Words and Deeds

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220

April 5, 2013
By Jack Kerwick

Below are six ideas, six “rules,” that the Godfather of community organizing packs between the covers of Rules, ideas that Obama’s imbibed hook, line, and sinker.

(1). Politics is all about power relations, but to advance one’s power, one must couch one’s positions in the language of morality.

Community organizers are “political realists” who “see the world as it is: an arena of power politics moved primarily by perceived immediate self-interests, where morality is rhetorical rationale for expedient action and self-interest” (12).

(2). There is only three kinds of people in the world: rich and powerful oppressors, the poor and disenfranchised oppressed, and the middle-class whose apathy perpetuates the status quo.

(3). Change is brought about through relentless agitation and “trouble making” of a kind that radically disrupts society as it is.

(4). There can be no conversation between the organizer and his opponents. The latter must be depicted as being evil.

(5). The organizer can never focus on just a single issue. He must move inexhaustibly from one issue to the next.

(6). Taunt one’s opponents to the point that they label you a “dangerous enemy” of “the establishment.”

Again, Obama does not want unity. He wants division.

Obama constantly moves from one divisive issue to the next, from Obamacare to gun-control, from amnesty for illegal immigrants to support for “same-sex marriage.” We see now why this is so.

Obama does not want unity. He wants to keep the country as polarized and disoriented as possible.

To know why Obama speaks and acts as he does, we need to know about Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals.

Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama?s Words and Deeds | FrontPage Magazine

I've always said that if you want to understand Obama, read Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Obama knows it well. He taught it and now he is practicing it. He has followed it to the letter. Anyone who reads the book will have a good understanding of virtually everything Obama has done, from choosing his first campaign slogan to appointing people to his cabinet. It is no mistake that he remains surrounded by radicals.

rules.jpg

Obama’s Scandals and Saul Alinsky

May 22, 2013 By Jack Kerwick

Or it might not be.

Obama steadfastly remains an activist, a “community organizer.” Nor has he forgotten that which he learned from the godfather of all community organizers, Saul Alinsky.

In his Rules for Radicals, Alinsky writes that the goal “of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a ‘dangerous enemy.’”

Now, given that he is the President of the United States, Obama’s should be recognized by the world as the face of “the establishment.” Obama, though, does not want this, for to be associated with “the establishment” is to be identified with the status quo, politics as usual. But Obama promised hope, change, and even “the fundamental transformation” of America. To make good on this promise, he needs the support of the electorate. Yet to elicit this support, he must convince Americans not just that he is not a member of the establishment. He must convince them that he is its enemy.

More specifically, he must have us believe that it is those in the establishment that view him as a “dangerous enemy.”

Alinsky explains that the term “‘enemy’ is sufficient to put the organizer on the side of the people,” and that “the brand ‘dangerous’” proves that “the establishment” has “fear of the organizer,” “fear that he represents a threat to its omnipotence.” Once this fear is established for all to see, the organizer can get to work.

In the popular imagination—reinforced daily by Hollywood, the media, and academia—the American political establishment remains under the control of whites generally and white men specifically (i.e. “the good old boy network”). And blacks remain victims of racial oppression. President or not, Obama’s blackness is seen as automatically rendering him an enemy of the establishment. His Arabic name, however, signifies an even wider gap between Obama and the latter.

Republicans must hold Obama accountable for his actions. At the same time, they must reckon with our current racial politics—and the ease with which Obama, the Alinskyite, will use these perceptions to his advantage.

Obama?s Scandals and Saul Alinsky | FrontPage Magazine

Dumb ass. You are a bit late. Our President won re-election. You fruitlloops lost bigtime.

But keep up this kind of really dumb shit, and we will have a Democratic President, House, and Senate in 2016. And the old Supreme Court justices will be croaking, with new ones appointed by the next two Democratic Presidents.

If I were responsible for that dude's estate, I would be paying dummies like the OP for upping my name recognition and helping the estate sell books.

Good post

Seems like Republicans have embraced Alinsky

Dumb ass. You are a bit late. Our President won re-election. You fruitlloops lost bigtime.

But keep up this kind of really dumb shit, and we will have a Democratic President, House, and Senate in 2016. And the old Supreme Court justices will be croaking, with new ones appointed by the next two Democratic Presidents.

Yup. Liberals everywhere.

Fun, fun, fun.

The rules

1.“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."

2.“Never go outside the expertise of your people.”

3.“Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”

4.“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

5.“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

6.“A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

7.“A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”

8.“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”

9.“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”

10."The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."

11.“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”

12.“The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”

13.“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

Rules for Radicals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem with GOP'ers is this.

They want to expose the left for using Alinksi's rules; instead of using them.

Good post

Only you would draw that conclusion.

So you deny that this applies perfectly to conservative politics?

(1). Politics is all about power relations, but to advance one’s power, one must couch one’s positions in the language of morality.

Kind of hard to deny eh? lol

I guess after that decade a ways back of the most prominent socially conservative political activist organization being called

the Moral Majority

it's tough to deny that it's really the Right that couches its quest for political power in the language of morality.

lol

I'm with you NYC,

Although I am a liberal and fairly active politically, I have never read anything by Allynski. That list sure does look like Karl Rove's game plan, though. Hard to read it and think otherwise.

I'm with you NYC,

Although I am a liberal and fairly active politically, I have never read anything by Allynski. That list sure does look like Karl Rove's game plan, though. Hard to read it and think otherwise.

In large part it also looks like the outline for the format of the Rush Limbaugh show, and all his copiers, for the last 20 some years.

April 5, 2013
By Jack Kerwick

Below are six ideas, six “rules,” that the Godfather of community organizing packs between the covers of Rules, ideas that Obama’s imbibed hook, line, and sinker.

Community organizers are “political realists” who “see the world as it is: an arena of power politics moved primarily by perceived immediate self-interests, where morality is rhetorical rationale for expedient action and self-interest” (12).

(2). There is only three kinds of people in the world: rich and powerful oppressors, the poor and disenfranchised oppressed, and the middle-class whose apathy perpetuates the status quo.

(3). Change is brought about through relentless agitation and “trouble making” of a kind that radically disrupts society as it is.

(4). There can be no conversation between the organizer and his opponents. The latter must be depicted as being evil.

(5). The organizer can never focus on just a single issue. He must move inexhaustibly from one issue to the next.

(6). Taunt one’s opponents to the point that they label you a “dangerous enemy” of “the establishment.”

Again, Obama does not want unity. He wants division.

Obama constantly moves from one divisive issue to the next, from Obamacare to gun-control, from amnesty for illegal immigrants to support for “same-sex marriage.” We see now why this is so.

Obama does not want unity. He wants to keep the country as polarized and disoriented as possible.

To know why Obama speaks and acts as he does, we need to know about Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals.

Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama?s Words and Deeds | FrontPage Magazine

Sarah Palin was well aware of Obama's radical ideas but the McCain campaign would rather give Obama an assist than try to win, so they shut her down

Last edited:
It would be generous and kind of the more intelligent nutters if they let CF know.....in no uncertain terms.....that Sarah Palin is a name better forgotten if he wants to be taken seriously.

Good post

Only you would draw that conclusion.

So you deny that this applies perfectly to conservative politics?

You saying it doesn't apply perfectly to liberals?

A few years ago, I'd say it matched Republicans, today it very much matches liberals.

Forum List

Back