Six People Have died Of The Virus In Washington State

Another...…..I was thinking today of how we have become germaphobs over the last generation or so with the 'don't do this, don't do that', overuse of antibacterial soaps/sprays, have a sniffle & run to the DR for antibiotics, etc etc etc......that our bodies can't tolerate a normal flu or other contagion or bug as we might have in the past...….and by having done that, our immune systems have been weakened for lack of use, so to speak.

So maybe, just maybe this virus is kind of a good thing....that we should let our bodies handle it as best it can in order to build the strength of our immune systems? Of course I'm not saying to do that if you have health problems or other factors that would put you at high risk of danger...but I think you know what I'm saying. Just a thought.

Back in the day, not so many years ago, we the people used to use pay phones all the time. We the people used to hang out underneath the nation's bridges, sharing bottles of whine. I think this germophobia is a new phenomenon

this is not just a new flu strain

And how so? Because there are other Corona viruses that have been in existence for years? While they maybe similar, there are still differences enough that as we both agree there is no current vaccine.....because it does take so long to develop one specific to the current strain. Yes???

We learned that a few years ago.....that vaccines are made 'in the hope' of being the right one for whichever type of flu is going around that season. Unfortunately then, we didn't have the correct vaccine and/or enough to go around.

So yes, in many ways this does happen every year with each new flu season...…….and I'm asking serious questions for dialogue & debate to understand what you meant by that...….not trying to be pissy
It's not just the flu. It's different from the Flu. It has unique characteristics and it can be stopped. We don't even discuss stopping seasonal flu. Whether it will be or not depends on it's characteristics and how effective quarantines are. Of particular interest is the effect of warmer more humid whether which will start in few more months in most of effected areas.

I don't know......maybe, maybe not. There is just too much information coming out so fast, that it's really hard to tell which is fact & which is fiction, as much of it contradicts each other. And still there is much to learn about it. I still think using common sense, taking precautions, washing hands, stay away from sick people, building your immune system to fight it off, etc is probably the best chances of either not getting the virus or fighting off the worst of it.

So far we've had 9? deaths in the US (Washington state), most of those were from the same Nursing home with elderly/sick patients. Has the virus peaked here yet??? Probably not. Will there be more deaths from it? More than likely yes. But given the timeframe of it showing here in the last 2 months and our overall numbers (confirmed cases, and deaths) currently, I don't suspect it to get much worse...….as in millions infected with hundreds of deaths. And I'm talking here in the US. cause I think the higher numbers in China are because of China. but that's another story in itself & won't go there.
I suspect in a years or so, this virus will be history like the MERS and the SARs virus. There is no doubt that we have over reacted, however I believe the success in containing these viruses, finding treatments, and vaccines depends on that over reaction. The virus that finally brings the human race to it's knees will probably occur when we become complacent.

A couple of things here...…One of which, I seen a report today that the virus seems to be skipping kids and has the 'experts' confused as to why. I think there is less than a handful worldwide, and any that have been infected have only minor symptoms and bounce right back...…..that is one very good thing about this Covid 19, and different from the normal flu that has greater numbers, both as a whole and kids as well.

Another...…..I was thinking today of how we have become germaphobs over the last generation or so with the 'don't do this, don't do that', overuse of antibacterial soaps/sprays, have a sniffle & run to the DR for antibiotics, etc etc etc......that our bodies can't tolerate a normal flu or other contagion or bug as we might have in the past...….and by having done that, our immune systems have been weakened for lack of use, so to speak.

So maybe, just maybe this virus is kind of a good thing....that we should let our bodies handle it as best it can in order to build the strength of our immune systems? Of course I'm not saying to do that if you have health problems or other factors that would put you at high risk of danger...but I think you know what I'm saying. Just a thought.
There are so many things we don't about the virus that could lead effective treatments or a vaccine. Finding out why the virus is sparing the kids could lead to a treatment.

Back in the day, not so many years ago, we the people used to use pay phones all the time. We the people used to hang out underneath the nation's bridges, sharing bottles of whine. I think this germophobia is a new phenomenon

Yep, that's what I'm saying......as kids we ate dirt & mud pies, drank from the garden hose, and passed around a joint or pipe or drink with never a fear of catching something and rarely ever did. We had a cold or flu we toughed it out other than home remedies to help our symptoms. We gave our immune systems a real workout.

But not anymore, the parents freak out if their kids do even a fraction of what we did back then and rush them thru a 'sanitizing' bath or shower and run to the DR for drugs......just in case.

Yep, that's what I'm saying......as kids we ate dirt & mud pies, drank from the garden hose, and passed around a joint or pipe or drink with never a fear of catching something and rarely ever did. We had a cold or flu we toughed it out other than home remedies to help our symptoms. We gave our immune systems a real workout.

But not anymore, the parents freak out if their kids do even a fraction of what we did back then and rush them thru a 'sanitizing' bath or shower and run to the DR for drugs......just in case.
That was true in my childhood also. However in my childhood, school enrollment was smaller than today, most kids lived in single family homes, not crowded into giant apartment complexes. When we went to a grocery store, it was a small market two blocks down the street, not a giant superstore. Mom stayed home and took care of the kids in lieu of putting them in daycare with dozens of other kids. What I'm saying is kids years ago were not exposed to disease as much as they are today because they did not come in contact with as many people.

The Hygiene Hypothesis, or in laymen's language "Being Too Clean For Your Own Good" has been very popular for many years. In recent years we have learned an awful lot about our immune system. We know our immune system’s regulation is not in terribly good shape, and it’s got absolutely nothing to do with hygiene.

Over the years, increase in hygiene, data about the rise in the number of cases of certain diseases coupled with a decrease in effectiveness of our immune system in fighting certain diseases has lead to the erroneous believe that people are just to clean. This is not only wrong but is dangerous.
News Feature: Cleaning up the hygiene hypothesis

Last edited:

That was true in my childhood also. However in my childhood, school enrollment was smaller than today, most kids lived in single family homes, not crowded into giant apartment complexes. When we went to a grocery store, it was a small market two blocks down the street, not a giant superstore. Mom stayed home and took care of the kids in lieu of putting them in daycare with dozens of other kids. What I'm saying is kids years ago were not exposed to disease as much as they are today because they did not come in contact with as many people.

The Hygiene Hypothesis, or in laymen's language "Being Too Clean For Your Own Good" has been very popular for many years. In recent years we have learned an awful lot about our immune system. We know our immune system’s regulation is not in terribly good shape, and it’s got absolutely nothing to do with hygiene.

Over the years, increase in hygiene, data about the rise in the number of cases of certain diseases coupled with a decrease in effectiveness of our immune system in fighting certain diseases has lead to the erroneous believe that people are just to clean. This is not only wrong but is dangerous.

I've only read the first 2 sections of this article before my eyes crossed and had to give it up, as it seems to be alot of double speak. But there was one thing I did notice and would have thought it obvious, but in as much as I read, it doesn't address it (unless it was further down the page)..........The scientists can't figure out why the increase of immune system infections compared to the drop in childhood & other diseases, such as mumps, measles, TB, etc.....of which they give thanks to antibiotics, vaccines & improved hygiene.(in an article trying to downplay hygiene, go figure)

Sounds to me a likely culprit is the vaccines and/or antibiotics that have made the difference to the immune system...…...It's not that I'm anti-vax, as I've had mine and made sure my kids did too and antibiotics only when absolutely neccessary, but with the increase of problematic side effects, if you will....., I do question their true safety. I just don't get why those scientists don't see the correlation between the two.

Also mentioned in there was the healthier immune systems of kids within large families.....and that triggered a memory of an article I read maybe about a year ago, that talked of the 'herd' immunity (or something like that) and I'm thinking it had to do with the measles(?) outbreak around Vancouver(?). I think it was in discussion on here about anti-vaxers, but not sure...…..anyway, the article had said that a child has a certain amount of natural immunity from such diseases because of the family and others they are around.

I don't know, I'm not a DR or scientist and am probably wrong in my own hypothesis's...….but I'll also add another suspect could be attributed to what is in our food supply, including GMO's, heavy uses of pesticides & RoundUP

69 shot and killed, and 285 shot and wounded in Chicago just within the last two months. And that's just one city.

Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass!
Much worse in St Louis and in Alaska.

The Democrat-run city of St. Louis, yes. Name one city in Alaska and produce some statistics.
The most violent and peaceful states in America: Louisiana is at top

Of course. Louisiana is full of black liberals and Democrats. Why would you not expect them to be violent?
And there's the excuse making now....Louisiana is a Red state, sweetheart. As is Alaska.

It's really disgusting to see people bring politics into this. This isn't a political situation.

This virus doesn't pick and choose or even know political party. It infects humans. Period. No human is immune to it and at the fast rate it's spreading, it's going to be in all 50 states soon.

Here is a map of what states it's in so far as of this afternoon:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 11.27.49 PM.png

I've only read the first 2 sections of this article before my eyes crossed and had to give it up, as it seems to be alot of double speak. But there was one thing I did notice and would have thought it obvious, but in as much as I read, it doesn't address it (unless it was further down the page)..........The scientists can't figure out why the increase of immune system infections compared to the drop in childhood & other diseases, such as mumps, measles, TB, etc.....of which they give thanks to antibiotics, vaccines & improved hygiene.(in an article trying to downplay hygiene, go figure)

Sounds to me a likely culprit is the vaccines and/or antibiotics that have made the difference to the immune system...…...It's not that I'm anti-vax, as I've had mine and made sure my kids did too and antibiotics only when absolutely neccessary, but with the increase of problematic side effects, if you will....., I do question their true safety. I just don't get why those scientists don't see the correlation between the two.

Also mentioned in there was the healthier immune systems of kids within large families.....and that triggered a memory of an article I read maybe about a year ago, that talked of the 'herd' immunity (or something like that) and I'm thinking it had to do with the measles(?) outbreak around Vancouver(?). I think it was in discussion on here about anti-vaxers, but not sure...…..anyway, the article had said that a child has a certain amount of natural immunity from such diseases because of the family and others they are around.

I don't know, I'm not a DR or scientist and am probably wrong in my own hypothesis's...….but I'll also add another suspect could be attributed to what is in our food supply, including GMO's, heavy uses of pesticides & RoundUP
I'm not a doctor or scientist either so I will follow CDC recommendations, washing hands, using a sanitize, and avoiding people that are sick.

Much worse in St Louis and in Alaska.

The Democrat-run city of St. Louis, yes. Name one city in Alaska and produce some statistics.
The most violent and peaceful states in America: Louisiana is at top

Of course. Louisiana is full of black liberals and Democrats. Why would you not expect them to be violent?
And there's the excuse making now....Louisiana is a Red state, sweetheart. As is Alaska.

It's really disgusting to see people bring politics into this. This isn't a political situation.

This virus doesn't pick and choose or even know political party. It infects humans. Period. No human is immune to it and at the fast rate it's spreading, it's going to be in all 50 states soon.

Here is a map of what states it's in so far as of this afternoon:

View attachment 310607
Well, according to your own map, it's a leftist disease.

Ready to convert?

My God....chances of you dying from this are like 0.000097% or something st00pid like that.

Lol....some of my progressive friends are out today shopping for personal hyperbolic chambers after a trip to Cosco to get T paper and bleach.

In the coming days, we will learn who are the bobblehead suckers around us who consistently tend to the hysterical.

My God....chances of you dying from this are like 0.000097% or something st00pid like that.

Lol....some of my progressive friends are out today shopping for personal hyperbolic chambers after a trip to Cosco to get T paper and bleach.

In the coming days, we will learn who are the bobblehead suckers around us who consistently tend to the hysterical.
What concerns Healthcare authorities is not the chance of contracting the virus today but the rapid increase in that rate. Just two months ago, there were only few hundred cases of the virus and half dozens deaths all in one country, China. In just two months the number of cases have increased to 106,000 in more than 80 countries with 3600 deaths. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to see where this is going.

Forum List

Back