Six Wisconsin recall elections tonight

Milwaukee County is all in. Still waiting for Menomonee Falls in Waukesha County and three of eight wards in Mequon.
Our unofficial total so far in Milwaukee area's 8th District is: Pasch, 27,979 and Darling 27,215....with Menomonee Falls and Mequon still out, it's not looking good for Democrat Pasch.
WisPolitics.com is reporting that Republican Darling is up over Democrat Pasch by 4 percentage poins with nearly 80 percent of precincts reporting.

Looks like the Dems are walking away with 2 wins tonight.

Yup....

Not enough to make a difference....

Got word from an insider who ran Jeff Stone's campaign, and she said Darling has this locked up. The networks are just behind right now.

Looks like Darling got this in the bag.

Final tally if that remains the same:

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

Result: Dems take 2 seats in the State Senate, fall one short of a majority.

Now, we wait until the two races next week.

So, was it worth it? Was it really "fair?" Was this all based on policy that was given no time to mature? What I'm asking is, this was more or the the "heat" of it all and from what I saw it looks like if more time were given it could have been possible no seats would have been lost... Is that not a heavy Dem state anyways? Maybe I'm worng.

Got word from an insider who ran Jeff Stone's campaign, and she said Darling has this locked up. The networks are just behind right now.

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

Again because I don't pay alot of attention, are the 2 seats held by dems in any danger or does it look to be a total wash?

So, was it worth it? Was it really "fair?" Was this all based on policy that was given no time to mature? What I'm asking is, this was more or the the "heat" of it all and from what I saw it looks like if more time were given it could have been possible no seats would have been lost... Is that not a heavy Dem state anyways? Maybe I'm worng.

Depends how you define worth it. After all, the voters got to speak their mind and two races had results that changed something.

Two more could change next week for a total of 4.

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

If this holds, I feel sorry for the people of the 18th and 32nd districts. They will be spending money to restaff the senator's offices for no real benefit.

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

Again because I don't pay alot of attention, are the 2 seats held by dems in any danger or does it look to be a total wash?

One is probably safe - one will be interesting...

Tune in next week....;)

I guess I would laugh also if you thought you knew what I was thinking!
Show me where I ever tried to write it off!

You certainly did.

See here:

Why Wisconsin's recall election matters to the rest of America - CSMonitor.com

Tuesday’s election may unseat six Republicans.
Next week, two Democrats face the same fight.
The recalls may shift the balance of power in the state Senate from the current 19-14 Republican majority.

Because Republicans still control the Assembly and governor’s mansion, a Democratic victory will not roll back any of the new legislation. The unprecedented summer election will be “almost entirely symbolic,” says Barry Burden, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison."

If this holds, I feel sorry for the people of the 18th and 32nd districts. They will be spending money to restaff the senator's offices for no real benefit.

The people spoke their minds. No need to be partisan about it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dems lose one next week. They probably won't lose both though.

I guess I would laugh also if you thought you knew what I was thinking!
Show me where I ever tried to write it off!

You certainly did.

See here:

Why Wisconsin's recall election matters to the rest of America - CSMonitor.com

Tuesday’s election may unseat six Republicans.
Next week, two Democrats face the same fight.
The recalls may shift the balance of power in the state Senate from the current 19-14 Republican majority.

Because Republicans still control the Assembly and governor’s mansion, a Democratic victory will not roll back any of the new legislation. The unprecedented summer election will be “almost entirely symbolic,” says Barry Burden, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison."

Thats an article quote. Hardly her writing anything off. chill out bert before we sick earnie on you

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

Thanks for keeping the running updates Rob. :thup:

Depends how you define worth it. After all, the voters got to speak their mind and two races had results that changed something.

Two more could change next week for a total of 4.

True.

I said long ago "every election is a referendum" but also that Wisconsin's recall elections mean little outside the State.

IMHO recall's are a little too easy in Wisconsin but it's their system and their money to burn.

Plus it's fun cannon fodder for the enter-toobs. :clap2:

GOP - 4

Dems - 2

Thanks for keeping the running updates Rob. :thup:

I agree, thanks to a couple of you guys for running the show =D

Thats an article quote. Hardly her writing anything off. chill out bert before we sick earnie on you

She wouldn't have posted it and quoted that bit unless she agreed with it. Simple as that. I could be wrong though, and if I am then I'm sorry for it. But that's just how it seems to me.

I don't care who you try to sic on me. :lol:

Forum List

Back