Smith indicts Trump again in Jan 6 case

The only other card I can think of is that Jack Smith was appointed illegally, i.e. having less legal authority than Taylor Swift.

Is that still a Trump torpedo in the water or not?

Except he wasn't appointed illegally. So there's that.

Except he wasn't appointed illegally. So there's that.
Then there is this:
"If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone duly authorized to do so by the American people," Thomas wrote. It was questionable whether Smith's appointment was indeed valid under the Constitution's Appointments Clause, he added.

Then there is this:
"If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone duly authorized to do so by the American people," Thomas wrote. It was questionable whether Smith's appointment was indeed valid under the Constitution's Appointments Clause, he added.

It's odd he would opine at all given it's not in his court. Also odd he would give an opinion in contrast to precedent. Even more odd he would think an inferior Officer needs to be confirmed by the Senate.

At any rate, Smith appealed so we'll see what the appellate court says. Cannon's been rebuked in the past by an appellate court, for rendering biased and unfounded rulings in favor of Trump. I don't think this will turn out any different.

The only other card I can think of is that Jack Smith was appointed illegally, i.e. having less legal authority than Taylor Swift.

Is that still a Trump torpedo in the water or not?
Possibly. That may end up @ SCOTUS.

Cannon's ruling was the sole anomaly in decades of rulings on this issue. Just a couple days ago, yet another judge disagreed with her decision (Hunter Biden's judge). So likely she gets overturned by the 11th on appeal.

A more normal SCOTUS would accept decades of consistent precedence from the lower courts and not even take up the appeal.

But this SCOTUS is abnormal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back