🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Smokers Need To Be Watched Carefully

You couldn't be more wrong. Leaving doors opens GETS PEOPLE KILLED. You have no clue about industrial security, and it is exactly this mindless, flippant attitude about leaving doors open, that is one of society's biggest problems. Yet another failure of our inept, insufficient educational system.
Teachers mostly have morality clauses in their contracts. They don't smoke tobacco. Haven't since the 70's. They can barely have a glass of wine with dinner in public.

So I seriously doubt that they left the door propped open.
A janitor or maintenance man might have(they don't have morality clauses)...but it wouldn't be a teacher.

Yes, let's blame the smoker who propped the door open...

and not the gun store that sold a mentally unstable kid two military grade weapons.

How is a gun store owner supposed to know the mental state of their customers?

You couldn't be more wrong. Leaving doors opens GETS PEOPLE KILLED. You have no clue about industrial security, and it is exactly this mindless, flippant attitude about leaving doors open, that is one of society's biggest problems. Yet another failure of our inept, insufficient educational system.

Uh, yeah, the only reason why we need to lock down schools and workplaces like fortresses is because we have too many nuts out there with guns.

So let's be honest here.

40 years ago, One crazy person poisons some Tylenol, and today, every medical product we buy has safety seals.
20 years ago, One crazy person puts C-4 in his shoe and lights it on fire trying to bring down an airplane, and today, we all have to have our shoes x-rayed to get on a plane.
Dozens of crazy people buy guns, and shoot up schools, theaters, public gatherings, workplaces, and because the gun industry has the spines of congress in a lock box, we can't even pass the most simple laws to keep these guns out of the wrong hands.

How is a gun store owner supposed to know the mental state of their customers?

Doing a meaningful background check.

For instance, if they had called this boy's grandmother or his high school, they'd have known he wasn't quite all up there.

They'd have known he was suspended from school for planning this kind of attack at 14.

Doing a meaningful background check.

For instance, if they had called this boy's grandmother or his high school, they'd have known he wasn't quite all up there.

They'd have known he was suspended from school for planning this kind of attack at 14.

You want the gun shop owner to call his grandmother? How would the gun shop owner even know if he had a living grandmother?

School records are confidential, if he had called the school they would not have told him a thing.

You want the gun shop owner to call his grandmother? How would the gun shop owner even know if he had a living grandmother?

School records are confidential, if he had called the school they would not have told him a thing.

Here's how you get Granny's name. You have him fill out the names of his nearest relatives, and they will be called.

Here's how you get the school records.. If you are under, let's say, 21, you have to sign a waiver to review your school records before they sell you a gun.

Now, here's the thing. When I applied for a mortgage last year, before the bank I had been banking with for 20 years would sign off on a mortgage, they pretty much gave me a financial colonoscopy. They looked at every record, every credit card, to make sure I wasn't getting in over my head. Even though at the time I had ZERO credit card debt AND had already had three previous mortgages without issue.

When I applied for my last job, they did a thorough background check, calling past employers, coworkers, etc. to prove that what I wrote down on my resume was accurate. They even found a slight discrepancy that I had to explain (that I had started as a contractor a year before getting a job full time).

But a 18 year old kids walks into a gun store and asks for two military grade weapons, and the extent of the background check was "Well, his name didn't pop up on this registry the NRA has spent years trying to weaken. Good enough for me!"

So you're blaming doors or teachers for the slaughter?

WOrks for me. Or we could just revoke the immunity that gun sellers and manufacturers have against civil lawsuits and watch how fast they establish their own system of background checks.

If that's what happened.

They might have also propped the door open because it's late May in Texas and the air in those school buildings get pretty stuffy.

But it seems to me that leaving a door open was relatively harmless, the problem was a gun store sold 2 semi-automatic, military grade rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition to a mentally unstable kid.
The open door is what allowed a shooter to walk in undeterred.

Uh, yeah, the only reason why we need to lock down schools and workplaces like fortresses is because we have too many nuts out there with guns.

So let's be honest here.

40 years ago, One crazy person poisons some Tylenol, and today, every medical product we buy has safety seals.
20 years ago, One crazy person puts C-4 in his shoe and lights it on fire trying to bring down an airplane, and today, we all have to have our shoes x-rayed to get on a plane.
Dozens of crazy people buy guns, and shoot up schools, theaters, public gatherings, workplaces, and because the gun industry has the spines of congress in a lock box, we can't even pass the most simple laws to keep these guns out of the wrong hands.
Locking doors does not equate to turning a building into a fortress.

If you leave your keys in your car and it gets stolen is it your fault?

If you leave a door open and you're house gets burglarized is it your fault?

Yes and yes

He'd have just found another way in...

I mean, man, I know you guys need to blame ANYONE but the gun industry, but this is the gun industry's fault.
It would have taken more time and the longer it takes the more likely it is that he would have been stopped.

And it isn't the gun industry's fault any more than alcoholism and drunk driving deaths are the alcohol industry's fault

Um, no, stealing my car or burglarizing my house would STILL be a crime, and the person caught doing it would be arrested.

So not even a vaguely good comparison.

And you enabled that crime. You might as well be charged with abetting

It would have taken more time and the longer it takes the more likely it is that he would have been stopped.
And if he hadn't been able to buy a gun, we wouldn't be talking about this at all.

And it isn't the gun industry's fault any more than alcoholism and drunk driving deaths are the alcohol industry's fault
If the Alcohol industry acted like the gun industry, weakening enforcement of DUI and selling booze to the most irresponsible people, they would.

I should point out that most state have BASSET laws, where they are supposed to recognize when a customer is too drunk to drive...

Forum List

Back