Smokey Robinson Reveals He Had An Affair With Diane Ross

She probably banged most of the Motown management back then; that's why she got all that development money and attention over the other two Supremes and some other female singers who were better. Where Did Our Love go ...

Pretty good bio om Gordy and Motown. Robinson was one the best producers and artist development people there, by the way; lots of songs weren't credited to those who really contributed to writing them, like Smokey and a couple of others. Like one of the book reviewers at the link said, it could have been four times as long.

My favorite book of that era is still the one on Sam Phillips, though, who deserves a lot of respect for not being nearly as shady as the rest of the industry was in his treatment of performers and artists.

Amazon product ASIN 0316042730

Last edited:
  • Banned
She probably banged most of the Motown management back then; that's why she got all that development money and attention over the other two Supremes and some other female singers who were better. Where Did Our Love go ...

Pretty good bio om Gordy and Motown. Robinson was one the best producers and artist development people there, by the way; lots of songs weren't credited to those who really contributed to writing them, like Smokey and a couple of others. Like one of the book reviewers at the link said, it could have been four times as long.

My favorite book of that era is still the one on Sam Phillips, though, who deserves a lot of respect for not being nearly as shady as the rest of the industry was in his treatment of performers and artists.

Amazon product ASIN 0316042730
I'll check it out

Forum List

Back