Smollett has now been arrested

It's offical Jussie Smollett has now been arrested over his hate crime claim.
Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of faking attack
/----/ I've read that the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated. Something needed to be done about democRATs segregation policies, but it wasn't a random act of disobedience. I was a kid living in the democRAT run south and rode to school on segregated city buses.

Of course the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated. That's not even a secret. She was a civil rights activist who deliberately set out to commit an act of civil disobedience in order to get arrested and challenge the unjust law under which she was arrested.

I have no problem with that. That's completely different from inventing a crime that never happened.

/----/ I've read that the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated. Something needed to be done about democRATs segregation policies, but it wasn't a random act of disobedience. I was a kid living in the democRAT run south and rode to school on segregated city buses.

It doesn't matter if the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated or not. The goal was to get the issue of mandated segregation on buses to the courts, and the only person who would have standing to do so would be someone convicted of breaking the law.

The same thing was done by Plessey in Plessey V. Ferugeson, when Plessey intentionally sat in a whites only rail car to force the police to arrest him, the courts to convict him, so he would have standing to challenge the segregation law in question.

Martin Luther King Jr. routinely committed acts of civil disobedience to draw attention to unjust laws. It's an admirable thing to do, so long as it's done the right way.

Inventing crimes that never happened at all is not the same thing.

It doesn't matter if the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated or not. The goal was to get the issue of mandated segregation on buses to the courts, and the only person who would have standing to do so would be someone convicted of breaking the law.

The same thing was done by Plessey in Plessey V. Ferugeson, when Plessey intentionally sat in a whites only rail car to force the police to arrest him, the courts to convict him, so he would have standing to challenge the segregation law in question.

Martin Luther King Jr. routinely committed acts of civil disobedience to draw attention to unjust laws. It's an admirable thing to do, so long as it's done the right way.

Inventing crimes that never happened at all is not the same thing.

100% right.

And the key to that method is to get arrested, pay the fine/serve the time, and then go out and do the same thing AGAIN.

Read this.
Bennett, What's In a Name? Negro vs. Afro-American vs. Black (1967)

And from dictionary.com
Negro
n.

"member of a black-skinned race of Africa," 1550s, from Spanish or Portuguese negro "black,"from Latin nigrum (nominative niger ) "black, dark, sable, dusky," figuratively "gloomy, unlucky,bad, wicked," of unknown origin (perhaps from PIE *nekw-t- "night," cf. Watkins). As an adjective from 1590s. Use with a capital N- became general early 20c. (e.g. 1930 in "New YorkTimes" stylebook) in reference to U.S. citizens of African descent, but because of its perceived association with white-imposed attitudes and roles the word was ousted late 1960s in this sense by Black (q.v.).

Look, I lived through that time.
Here are reasons for you-
While there is very little exception to the rule that the colored soldiers were generally and wonderfully helped by the colored secretaries, and while the official heads of the Y. M. C. A. at Paris were in every way considerate and courteous to its colored constituency, still there is no doubt that the attitude of many of the white secretaries in the field was to be deplored. They came from all parts of the United States, North, South, East and West, and brought their native prejudices with them. Our soldiers often told us of signs on Y. M. C. A. huts which read, “No Negroes Allowed”; and sometimes other signs would designate the hours when colored men could be served; we remember seeing such instructions written in crayon on a bulletin board at one of the huts at Camp I, St. Nazaire; signs prohibiting the entrance of colored men were frequently seen during the beginning of the work in that section; but always, when the matter was brought to the attention of Mr. W. S. Wallace, the regional secretary, he would immediately see that they were removed.
"No Negroes Allowed": Segregation at the Front in World War I
View attachment 247030

View attachment 247032
To this day, there are some Blacks that want the name of the NAACP changed.
A few laws against -Negroes, colored people -, which upon usage of the term brought back painful memories and connotations of its usage-
"It shall be unlawful for any amateur white baseball team to play baseball on any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of a playground devoted to the Negro race, and it shall be unlawful for any amateur colored baseball team to play baseball in any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of any playground devoted to the white race.”

“Residential
Building permits for building Negro houses in white communities, or any portion of a community inhabited principally by white people, and vice versa prohibited. Penalty: violators fined from $50 to $2,000, "and the municipality shall have the right to cause said building to be removed and destroyed."

• "Any person who shall rent any part of any such building to a Negro person or a Negro family when such building is already in whole or in part in occupancy by a white person or white family, or vice versa when the building is in occupancy by a Negro person or Negro family, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."
"printed, typewritten or written matter urging or presenting for public acceptance or general information, arguments or suggestions in favor of social equality or of intermarriage between whites and Negroes, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to fine not exceeding five hundred (500.00) dollars or imprisonment not exceeding six (6) months or both."

• "The conductors or managers on all such railroads shall have power, and are hereby required, to assign to each white or colored passenger his or her respective car, coach or compartment. If the passenger fails to disclose his race, the conductor and managers, acting in good faith, shall be the sole judges of his race."
  • "Books shall not be interchangeable between the white and colored schools, but shall continue to be used by the race first using them." (written in 1889)
  • "The state librarian is not directed to fit up and maintain a separate place for the use of the colored people who may come to the library for the purpose of reading books or periodicals."
I could go on, but hope you now get the picture.
Look, in the sixties, during their fight for civil rights, Blacks let it be known they felt Negro and colored people as terms, were being used as insults, almost as much as ******. They took them as euphemisms. Out of respect, non racists decided not to use the terms. Now, you can respect their feelings or not, but if you choose not to, don’t be surprised to be considered a racist.
Jc, it is inflammatory and you know it. Just as crackers is.
monkey?
oh horse hockey. post something up.
you think you're older than me? LOL. Is the use of mexicans not allowed as well? Dogs? I mean that made absolutely no sense. just post the link that says negro is a racist term. that's all.

Last edited:
Read this.

While there is very little exception to the rule that the colored soldiers were generally and wonderfully helped by the colored secretaries, and while the official heads of the Y. M. C. A. at Paris were in every way considerate and courteous to its colored constituency, still there is no doubt that the attitude of many of the white secretaries in the field was to be deplored. They came from all parts of the United States, North, South, East and West, and brought their native prejudices with them. Our soldiers often told us of signs on Y. M. C. A. huts which read, “No Negroes Allowed”; and sometimes other signs would designate the hours when colored men could be served; we remember seeing such instructions written in crayon on a bulletin board at one of the huts at Camp I, St. Nazaire; signs prohibiting the entrance of colored men were frequently seen during the beginning of the work in that section; but always, when the matter was brought to the attention of Mr. W. S. Wallace, the regional secretary, he would immediately see that they were removed.
View attachment 247030

View attachment 247032
A few laws against -Negroes, colored people -, which upon usage of the term brought back painful memories and connotations of its usage-
"It shall be unlawful for any amateur white baseball team to play baseball on any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of a playground devoted to the Negro race, and it shall be unlawful for any amateur colored baseball team to play baseball in any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of any playground devoted to the white race.”

“Residential
Building permits for building Negro houses in white communities, or any portion of a community inhabited principally by white people, and vice versa prohibited. Penalty: violators fined from $50 to $2,000, "and the municipality shall have the right to cause said building to be removed and destroyed."

• "Any person who shall rent any part of any such building to a Negro person or a Negro family when such building is already in whole or in part in occupancy by a white person or white family, or vice versa when the building is in occupancy by a Negro person or Negro family, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."
"printed, typewritten or written matter urging or presenting for public acceptance or general information, arguments or suggestions in favor of social equality or of intermarriage between whites and Negroes, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to fine not exceeding five hundred (500.00) dollars or imprisonment not exceeding six (6) months or both."

• "The conductors or managers on all such railroads shall have power, and are hereby required, to assign to each white or colored passenger his or her respective car, coach or compartment. If the passenger fails to disclose his race, the conductor and managers, acting in good faith, shall be the sole judges of his race."
  • "Books shall not be interchangeable between the white and colored schools, but shall continue to be used by the race first using them." (written in 1889)
  • "The state librarian is not directed to fit up and maintain a separate place for the use of the colored people who may come to the library for the purpose of reading books or periodicals."
Look, in the sixties, during their fight for civil rights, Blacks let it be known they felt Negro and colored people as terms, were being used as insults, almost as much as ******. They took them as euphemisms. Out of respect, non racists decided not to use the terms. Now, you can respect their feelings or not, but if you choose not to, don’t be surprised to be considered a racist.
you think you're older than me? LOL. Is the use of mexicans not allowed as well? Dogs? I mean that made absolutely no sense. just post the link that says negro is a racist term. that's all.
why? copy me the piece you want me to focus on. 1967. And much of it is what and who used the term. so please,

Here, I updated my post with this, since I figured you wouldn’t read it-

Here it is again-

And from dictionary.com
Negro
n.

"member of a black-skinned race of Africa," 1550s, from Spanish or Portuguese negro "black,"from Latin nigrum (nominative niger ) "black, dark, sable, dusky," figuratively "gloomy, unlucky,bad, wicked," of unknown origin (perhaps from PIE *nekw-t- "night," cf. Watkins). As an adjective from 1590s. Use with a capital N- became general early 20c. (e.g. 1930 in "New YorkTimes" stylebook) in reference to U.S. citizens of African descent, but because of its perceivedassociation with white-imposed attitudes and roles the word was ousted late 1960s in thissense by Black (q.v.).

Read this.

View attachment 247030

View attachment 247032

“Residential

why? copy me the piece you want me to focus on. 1967. And much of it is what and who used the term. so please,

This reporter says that he has top security briefings that Obama's administration (his leftovers) was behind the plot.

FBI Investigating Evidence That Obama/Dems Behind Smollett
FBI Investigating Evidence That Obama/Dems Behind Smollett

MV5BMjEzNTY2NTczN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMyNTgxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR49,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Here it is again-

And from dictionary.com
Negro
n.

"member of a black-skinned race of Africa," 1550s, from Spanish or Portuguese negro "black,"from Latin nigrum (nominative niger ) "black, dark, sable, dusky," figuratively "gloomy, unlucky,bad, wicked," of unknown origin (perhaps from PIE *nekw-t- "night," cf. Watkins). As an adjective from 1590s. Use with a capital N- became general early 20c. (e.g. 1930 in "New YorkTimes" stylebook) in reference to U.S. citizens of African descent, but because of its perceivedassociation with white-imposed attitudes and roles the word was ousted late 1960s in thissense by Black (q.v.).

Read this.

View attachment 247030

View attachment 247032

“Residential

it still doesn't tell me that that word is racist.

As I stated earlier, it is considered inflammatory to many Blacks, and if you use it, then don’t be surprised when you are called a racist. Stubbornness on your part not to recognize it, doesn’t look pretty. But only you can decide whether you wish to inflame others or not. You have been given info as to why it is seen as inflammatory to many and can now decide to continue or not. Being totally insensitive to the past, when people were wronged simply because of the color of their skin, hurts yourself mostly.

Here it is again-

And from dictionary.com
Negro
n.

Read this.

View attachment 247030

View attachment 247032

“Residential

As I stated earlier, it is considered inflammatory to many Blacks, and if you use it, then don’t be surprised when you are called a racist. Stubbornness on your part not to recognize it, doesn’t look pretty. But only you can decide whether you wish to inflame others or not. You have been given info as to why it is seen as inflammatory to many and can now decide to continue or not. Being totally insensitive to the past, when people were wronged simply because of the color of their skin, hurts yourself mostly.

Here it is again-

And from dictionary.com
Negro
n.

Read this.

dude, I'm not concerned with anyone criticizing me with PC tactics. I wouldn't have posted it.

No no. You don't get to brush this off and blame this on being a celebrity, or plumber, or banker. Breaking the law, lying, wasting people's time, hurting the real victims of violence, blacks and gays, etc.

That's like making the excuse Trump didn't know what he was doing was wrong because he's new at this politics thing. Ryan on Trump: 'He's just new to this' - CNNPolitics

Every celebrity in Hollywood knows not to make up a story like this. There must be something seriously wrong with this guy. If you can't convince a liberal like me, he doesn't stand a chance. Jail time and I don't see him coming back from this. Mel Gibson came back but I don't think this guy will. He's not that talented. And if he is banking on the black community forget it he's gay. Maybe he can get a guest appearance on Martin or Blackish.

And stop rallying around people just because they are black. He's a fucking weirdo no matter what his sexual preference or skin color is. I would have defended the guy wholeheartedly until now. Now fuck him. Admit it he's fucked and rightfully so.
I don't know who's "you guys", but no one is trying to place blame elsewhere except w/Jussie Smollett. It's simply a matter of fact that celebrities are kooky people and have a history, as a group of doing the most zany things...consistently.

Blacks will defend and rally around who they well please, he's not a criminal, he did something wrong, for God knows why, with talk like this from whites, we're not going to be encouraged to throw him in the heap. Whites certainly don't do that to their own. They barely even give themselves slaps on the wrist when they do similar and/or worse crimes. So, no, don't come to me w/this "don't defend him" schpiel, it doesn't hold any water.

Your analysis of his talent is subjective, at best, so that doesn't add up to much. Aside from that, he'll pay his debt to society, and we'll see how the black community responds. As it stands right now, it's not too good, but with whites going off the deep end trying to crucify him, he'll get support, support he wouldn't have otherwise.

No no. You don't get to brush this off and blame this on being a celebrity, or plumber, or banker. Breaking the law, lying, wasting people's time, hurting the real victims of violence, blacks and gays, etc.

That's like making the excuse Trump didn't know what he was doing was wrong because he's new at this politics thing. Ryan on Trump: 'He's just new to this' - CNNPolitics

Every celebrity in Hollywood knows not to make up a story like this. There must be something seriously wrong with this guy. If you can't convince a liberal like me, he doesn't stand a chance. Jail time and I don't see him coming back from this. Mel Gibson came back but I don't think this guy will. He's not that talented. And if he is banking on the black community forget it he's gay. Maybe he can get a guest appearance on Martin or Blackish.

And stop rallying around people just because they are black. He's a fucking weirdo no matter what his sexual preference or skin color is. I would have defended the guy wholeheartedly until now. Now fuck him. Admit it he's fucked and rightfully so.
I don't know who's "you guys", but no one is trying to place blame elsewhere except w/Jussie Smollett. It's simply a matter of fact that celebrities are kooky people and have a history, as a group of doing the most zany things...consistently.

Blacks will defend and rally around who they well please, he's not a criminal, he did something wrong, for God knows why, with talk like this from whites, we're not going to be encouraged to throw him in the heap. Whites certainly don't do that to their own. They barely even give themselves slaps on the wrist when they do similar and/or worse crimes. So, no, don't come to me w/this "don't defend him" schpiel, it doesn't hold any water.

Your analysis of his talent is subjective, at best, so that doesn't add up to much. Aside from that, he'll pay his debt to society, and we'll see how the black community responds. As it stands right now, it's not too good, but with whites going off the deep end trying to crucify him, he'll get support, support he wouldn't have otherwise.
so the coast guard guy that had weapons and a list isn't a criminal right?

It's time to make an example of a race baiter that tried to inflame racial and political tensions to further his own career. This is a man who should do jail time and never work in Hollywood again. What he did is disgusting.
Fox said he aint going anywhere
He'll probably walk if he gets an Obama judge and the Democrats will soon start saying Trump made him do it.

He looks a lot younger and in better shape than Roger Stone. I am surprised they let him surrender to police. They had amphibian units ready just in case Roger Stone made a swim for it in the river behind his home.

I use that word when referring to Negro Spirituals. I hope the SJWs never come up with a different word for that.

It's a beautiful, and wholly American thing. Serious part of Americana.

Those songs drip history.
Negro spirituals arent racist. Calling someone a negro is. This isnt exactly a secret.

lol rubbish, it's no different than using the term Caucasian'. that's just your racist opinion; not everyone is obligated to pander to stupid redefinition of words,
True or false, black people hate being called "negro"?

Utterly false. They just pretend to be 'offended' just to be assholes about everything.
Thats true, but i think when it comes to the N word, we give them a pass. I sure as fuck dont want to be called a cracker.

Negro, as well as colored, are not fashionable any more, but neither are they 'racist'; the names are still used in such organizational titles as the NAACP and United Negro College Fund and many other uses. MLK never used any other terms in his speeches, neither did Fredrick Douglas for that matter. they would never have used the term '******' as many of today's blacks use that word, either.

It's time to make an example of a race baiter that tried to inflame racial and political tensions to further his own career. This is a man who should do jail time and never work in Hollywood again. What he did is disgusting.
Fox said he aint going anywhere
He'll probably walk if he gets an Obama judge and the Democrats will soon start saying Trump made him do it.

You should blame Trump

For President Donald Trump, lying appears to be second nature. But how is this culture of misinformation affecting the American people? Holly LeCraw, a local novelist and founder of the Newton chapter of “Indivisible,” a Trump resistance movement; Jen Deaderick, a local writer currently working on an illustrated history of women’s citizenship; and Michael Jeffries, a sociologist and an associate professor of American Studies at Wellesley College, joined Jim Braude to discuss.

I'm sure a lot of people are lying more today. If it's ok for the president to do it daily why not the rest of us?

Negro spirituals arent racist. Calling someone a negro is. This isnt exactly a secret.

lol rubbish, it's no different than using the term Caucasian'. that's just your racist opinion; not everyone is obligated to pander to stupid redefinition of words,

Utterly false. They just pretend to be 'offended' just to be assholes about everything.
Thats true, but i think when it comes to the N word, we give them a pass. I sure as fuck dont want to be called a cracker.

Negro, as well as colored, are not fashionable any more, but neither are they 'racist'; the names are still used in such organizational titles as the NAACP and United Negro College Fund and many other uses. MLK never used any other terms in his speeches, neither did Fredrick Douglas for that matter. they would never have used the term '******' as many of today's blacks use that word, either.
My nephew was doing a book report. The book kept referring to some blacks as negros. My nephew kept saying it over and over practicing in front of his dad. My brother said "son, call them black people". His kid said but dad it says negro in the book.

My brother said he didn't care what the book said, don't say that word.

Calling people negro is not fashionable anymore? That is a bit of an understatement. :laugh:

Just remember you can defend a liberal no matter what they do the same way these cons defend conservatives no matter what they do.

You seem as one sided and brainwashed as they do right now.

Forum List

Back