Smollett has now been arrested

lol rubbish, it's no different than using the term Caucasian'. that's just your racist opinion; not everyone is obligated to pander to stupid redefinition of words,
True or false, black people hate being called "negro"?

Utterly false. They just pretend to be 'offended' just to be assholes about everything.
Thats true, but i think when it comes to the N word, we give them a pass. I sure as fuck dont want to be called a cracker.

Negro, as well as colored, are not fashionable any more, but neither are they 'racist'; the names are still used in such organizational titles as the NAACP and United Negro College Fund and many other uses. MLK never used any other terms in his speeches, neither did Fredrick Douglas for that matter. they would never have used the term '******' as many of today's blacks use that word, either.
Calling people negro is not fashionable anymore? That is a bit of an understatement. :laugh:
/—-/ in the 1960s Black was considered an insult and negro or colored person was preferred by them. In the 1990s I worked with a Black guy and in a meeting the HR director used African American. The Black guy said, I’ve never been to Africa and I’m 100% American. The HR director said sorry but Corporate said I have to use African American regardless of your preference

Last edited:
Right wingers are thrilled over this. Doesn't take much to make them happy, does it?

Happy that someone who committed a felony will have his day in court and happy that an actual hate crime did NOT happen, yes.

You are pathetic if you wish a hate crime DID happen.

I think we are all glad a hate crime didn't happen, and the perpetrator of this scam has been caught. What I was referring to was the implied belief by right wingers that the actions of one unethical person somehow reflects on everyone who isn't a right winger.
you mean like how YOU in this very thread tried to claim a couple white people committing hoaxes represented all white people? Like that?

True or false, black people hate being called "negro"?

Utterly false. They just pretend to be 'offended' just to be assholes about everything.
Thats true, but i think when it comes to the N word, we give them a pass. I sure as fuck dont want to be called a cracker.

Negro, as well as colored, are not fashionable any more, but neither are they 'racist'; the names are still used in such organizational titles as the NAACP and United Negro College Fund and many other uses. MLK never used any other terms in his speeches, neither did Fredrick Douglas for that matter. they would never have used the term '******' as many of today's blacks use that word, either.
Calling people negro is not fashionable anymore? That is a bit of an understatement. :laugh:
/—-/ in the 1960s Black was considered an insult and negro or colored person was preferred by Them. I worked with a Black guy and in a meeting the HR director used African American. The Black guy said, I’ve never been to Africa and I’m 100% American. The HR director said sorry but Corporate said I have to use African American regardless of your preference
That "African American" stuff is so silly. Blacks have been in America since before it was America.
"Black American" is more accurate.

It's offical Jussie Smollett has now been arrested over his hate crime claim.
Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of faking attack
/----/ I've read that the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated. Something needed to be done about democRATs segregation policies, but it wasn't a random act of disobedience. I was a kid living in the democRAT run south and rode to school on segregated city buses.

It doesn't matter if the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated or not. The goal was to get the issue of mandated segregation on buses to the courts, and the only person who would have standing to do so would be someone convicted of breaking the law.

The same thing was done by Plessey in Plessey V. Ferugeson, when Plessey intentionally sat in a whites only rail car to force the police to arrest him, the courts to convict him, so he would have standing to challenge the segregation law in question.

Martin Luther King Jr. routinely committed acts of civil disobedience to draw attention to unjust laws. It's an admirable thing to do, so long as it's done the right way.

Inventing crimes that never happened at all is not the same thing.

100% right.

And the key to that method is to get arrested, pay the fine/serve the time, and then go out and do the same thing AGAIN.

If you're not willing to be arrested and go to court and be tried, you're never going to have a chance to challenge the law and have it struck down. So yeah.

/----/ I've read that the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated. Something needed to be done about democRATs segregation policies, but it wasn't a random act of disobedience. I was a kid living in the democRAT run south and rode to school on segregated city buses.

It doesn't matter if the Rosa Parks thing was orchestrated or not. The goal was to get the issue of mandated segregation on buses to the courts, and the only person who would have standing to do so would be someone convicted of breaking the law.

The same thing was done by Plessey in Plessey V. Ferugeson, when Plessey intentionally sat in a whites only rail car to force the police to arrest him, the courts to convict him, so he would have standing to challenge the segregation law in question.

Martin Luther King Jr. routinely committed acts of civil disobedience to draw attention to unjust laws. It's an admirable thing to do, so long as it's done the right way.

100% right.

And the key to that method is to get arrested, pay the fine/serve the time, and then go out and do the same thing AGAIN.

If you're not willing to be arrested and go to court and be tried, you're never going to have a chance to challenge the law and have it struck down. So yeah.
According to the police this was because he was unhappy with what he was being paid on Empire.

No no. You don't get to brush this off and blame this on being a celebrity, or plumber, or banker. Breaking the law, lying, wasting people's time, hurting the real victims of violence, blacks and gays, etc.

That's like making the excuse Trump didn't know what he was doing was wrong because he's new at this politics thing. Ryan on Trump: 'He's just new to this' - CNNPolitics

Every celebrity in Hollywood knows not to make up a story like this. There must be something seriously wrong with this guy. If you can't convince a liberal like me, he doesn't stand a chance. Jail time and I don't see him coming back from this. Mel Gibson came back but I don't think this guy will. He's not that talented. And if he is banking on the black community forget it he's gay. Maybe he can get a guest appearance on Martin or Blackish.

And stop rallying around people just because they are black. He's a fucking weirdo no matter what his sexual preference or skin color is. I would have defended the guy wholeheartedly until now. Now fuck him. Admit it he's fucked and rightfully so.
I don't know who's "you guys", but no one is trying to place blame elsewhere except w/Jussie Smollett. It's simply a matter of fact that celebrities are kooky people and have a history, as a group of doing the most zany things...consistently.

Blacks will defend and rally around who they well please, he's not a criminal, he did something wrong, for God knows why, with talk like this from whites, we're not going to be encouraged to throw him in the heap. Whites certainly don't do that to their own. They barely even give themselves slaps on the wrist when they do similar and/or worse crimes. So, no, don't come to me w/this "don't defend him" schpiel, it doesn't hold any water.

Your analysis of his talent is subjective, at best, so that doesn't add up to much. Aside from that, he'll pay his debt to society, and we'll see how the black community responds. As it stands right now, it's not too good, but with whites going off the deep end trying to crucify him, he'll get support, support he wouldn't have otherwise.

Just remember you can defend a liberal no matter what they do the same way these cons defend conservatives no matter what they do.

You seem as one sided and brainwashed as they do right now.
How am I defending him? I'm not saying he's innocent of wrong doing, nor am I saying he shouldn't be punished.

I'm simply providing balance to the crucifixion that whites seem to be in the mood for regarding him, something they wouldn't think of doing to one of their own.

That's facts.

You got one rabid rightwinger in this very thread comparing him to the Coast Guard guy found w/bombs.

I mean, it's senseless.

Again, you're wanting to see this guy arrested, locked up and put away, you have to want to see the woman that lied on Emmet Till, and the others locked away as well.

Carolyn Bryant was straight up lying on Emmit Till, and he's dead because of it, brutally.
  1. Bombshell quote missing from Emmett Till tape. So did Carolyn Bryant Donham really recant?
  2. What did Carolyn Bryant say and when?
  3. Getting Away with Murder | American Experience | PBS

Ronald Ritchie who called the police and lied, telling them "a black man" was in Walmart pointing a gun at people, and the cops came and immediately executed him?

Teresa Klein, who called the police and made a false report on a 9 year old black child by saying he sexually assulted her?

Are you down for all that?

Last edited:
Chicago police blast Jussie Smollett 'phony attack': 'Bogus police reports cause real harm'
Chicago police blast Jussie Smollett '''phony attack''': '''Bogus police reports cause real harm''' | Fox News
By Sasha Savitsky ~~ Chicago cops laid out their case against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett Thursday morning, accusing the TV star of orchestrating an elaborate hoax involving two "bogus" hate crimes -- one involving an alleged attack, and one involving a threatening letter -- all in order to get a pay raise.
Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Smollett orchestrated a "phony attack" in order to take "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."
"I'm left hanging my head and asking why," a visibly upset Johnson told reporters. "Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations? How could someone look at the hatred and suffering associated with that symbol...how can an individual who has been embraced by the city of Chicago turn around and slap everyone in this city by making this false claim?" He added, "Bogus police reports cause real harm."
Pull_a_Smollett_2.jpg

Will the Progressive Commie Left still support Jussie as a victim after the evidence of his racial hatred has been exposed?

You can bet on that.....

100% right.

According to the police this was because he was unhappy with what he was being paid on Empire.

I know. I was talking about civil disobedience, and how it isn't the same thing as making shit up, like this ass napkin did.

No no. You don't get to brush this off and blame this on being a celebrity, or plumber, or banker. Breaking the law, lying, wasting people's time, hurting the real victims of violence, blacks and gays, etc.

That's like making the excuse Trump didn't know what he was doing was wrong because he's new at this politics thing. Ryan on Trump: 'He's just new to this' - CNNPolitics

Every celebrity in Hollywood knows not to make up a story like this. There must be something seriously wrong with this guy. If you can't convince a liberal like me, he doesn't stand a chance. Jail time and I don't see him coming back from this. Mel Gibson came back but I don't think this guy will. He's not that talented. And if he is banking on the black community forget it he's gay. Maybe he can get a guest appearance on Martin or Blackish.

And stop rallying around people just because they are black. He's a fucking weirdo no matter what his sexual preference or skin color is. I would have defended the guy wholeheartedly until now. Now fuck him. Admit it he's fucked and rightfully so.
I don't know who's "you guys", but no one is trying to place blame elsewhere except w/Jussie Smollett. It's simply a matter of fact that celebrities are kooky people and have a history, as a group of doing the most zany things...consistently.

Blacks will defend and rally around who they well please, he's not a criminal, he did something wrong, for God knows why, with talk like this from whites, we're not going to be encouraged to throw him in the heap. Whites certainly don't do that to their own. They barely even give themselves slaps on the wrist when they do similar and/or worse crimes. So, no, don't come to me w/this "don't defend him" schpiel, it doesn't hold any water.

Your analysis of his talent is subjective, at best, so that doesn't add up to much. Aside from that, he'll pay his debt to society, and we'll see how the black community responds. As it stands right now, it's not too good, but with whites going off the deep end trying to crucify him, he'll get support, support he wouldn't have otherwise.

Just remember you can defend a liberal no matter what they do the same way these cons defend conservatives no matter what they do.

How am I defending him? I'm not saying he's innocent of wrong doing, nor am I saying he shouldn't be punished.

I'm simply providing balance to the crucifixion that whites seem to be in the mood for regarding him, something they wouldn't think of doing to one of their own.

That's facts.

You got one rabid rightwinger in this very thread comparing him to the Coast Guard guy found w/bombs.

I mean, it's senseless.

Again, you're wanting to see this guy arrested, locked up and put away, you have to want to see the woman that lied on Emmet Till, and the others locked away as well.

Carolyn Bryant was straight up lying on Emmit Till, and he's dead because of it, brutally.
  1. Bombshell quote missing from Emmett Till tape. So did Carolyn Bryant Donham really recant?

Ronald Ritchie who called the police and lied, telling them "a black man" was in Walmart pointing a gun at people, and the cops came and immediately executed him?

Teresa Klein, who called the police and made a false report on a 9 year old black child by saying he sexually assulted her?

/—-/ Any White who does what this publicity hound did should be fined and jailed. You saying we’d excuse him is laughably pathetic

He needs to face as bad of consequences as whom ever that would have been charged with the crime would have.

Like I said, I think faking a hate crime should be considered a hate crime in and of itself.

"The FBI defines "hate crime" this way: "A criminal offense committed against a person, property, or society that is motivated, in whole or in part, by the offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin."

Smollett's offense was indeed committed against a "society," or a group, with the objective of engendering outrage and suspicion toward that group. In fact, his hatred of whites was so great that he was prepared to let two random white people take the fall for the hoax — until he found out that the persons of interest picked up by cops were his Nigerian buddies. This is a man whose bigotry constitutes a threat to civilized society." - Matt Walsh

That's facts.

I mean, it's senseless.

Absolutely down with that color does not matter your lies ruin anothers life there must be consequences.

It's time to make an example of a race baiter that tried to inflame racial and political tensions to further his own career. This is a man who should do jail time and never work in Hollywood again. What he did is disgusting.
Fox said he aint going anywhere
He'll probably walk if he gets an Obama judge and the Democrats will soon start saying Trump made him do it.

You should blame Trump

For President Donald Trump, lying appears to be second nature. But how is this culture of misinformation affecting the American people? Holly LeCraw, a local novelist and founder of the Newton chapter of “Indivisible,” a Trump resistance movement; Jen Deaderick, a local writer currently working on an illustrated history of women’s citizenship; and Michael Jeffries, a sociologist and an associate professor of American Studies at Wellesley College, joined Jim Braude to discuss.

I'm sure a lot of people are lying more today. If it's ok for the president to do it daily why not the rest of us?

I blame you and people like you for your knee jerk response to any claim by any minority of mistreatment. Grow up, try to behave responsibly instead of always trying to find some one else to blame for what you did. Smollett did what he did because being a gay black man he knew that jerkoffs like you and Kamala Harris would never doubt the word of a gay black man.

Forum List

Back