Smollett's "Empire" Role Slashed In Wake Of Scandal...

If their lawyer has half a brain she'll ask that these brothers get immunity before testifying. They'll get it in a second. They're small fish.

Frankly, so is Smolett. Never heard of him till the media ran with the fishy tale.

I had never heard of him either, but I guess it's a popular show. Regardless, because of the media attention it received, and the man hours investigating it, Smollett made a lot of people look like fools. Not to mention the gay and black community will want his head.
It's fair to wonder how this kind of thing will be treated in the future now.

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

They're going to voluntarily testify, and from what I've read they haven't asked for any immunity, though that could happen further down the line. I don't think the police have much of an ax to grind with these two. They're probably grateful for anything that will help them end this charade as quick as possible.

Unless they get a confession or he paid them with a check, its a they said or he said deal. So no nothing.

There are other ways to obtain the information they need. Smollett refused to give up his phone, but they confiscated these brother's phones with a warrant.

Supply a link for this info of the brothers that gave their phones up.
If their lawyer has half a brain she'll ask that these brothers get immunity before testifying. They'll get it in a second. They're small fish.

Perhaps all three were in on the scam. And perhaps if there is a check he paid the one brother for body building at the gym. You have no idea what happened and we might never know.

Why would they get immunity, they were part of the scam if there was one.

The fact that they gave up their phones was widely reported when their apartment was raided.

And of course they were in on the scam. That's what they're saying. They wouldn't be charged with as severe of a crime though, because they never filed a false police report.

Frankly, so is Smolett. Never heard of him till the media ran with the fishy tale.

I had never heard of him either, but I guess it's a popular show. Regardless, because of the media attention it received, and the man hours investigating it, Smollett made a lot of people look like fools. Not to mention the gay and black community will want his head.

I don't think it was handled as badly as people make it out to be. Of course the media was never going to come out and call him a liar with no evidence. If there was even a 1% chance that this was real nobody wants to be the guy in the media shitting all over a victim.

There wasn't much the police could do for awhile, because their "persons of interest" were in Nigeria, but they took them into custody the moment they got off the plane. They obviously knew exactly who they were looking for, and exactly when they were getting back into the country. The whole story started to unraveled pretty quickly after that.

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

The Nigerian brothers turned state's evidence. Further, they are immigrants unfamiliar with our legal system, they may have thought this kind of thing was customary.

In addition, they were attacked by Smollett and the media as homophobic racists. I think they need to be suing.

As far as Smollett and his supporters like Harris and Booker, they need to be dealt with severely. 20 years in the joint for Smollett- as a homosexual I'm sure he'll like it, but it will still serve as a deterrent to others.

Politicians who supported him against the Nigerian men, should resign in disgrace

I don't think it was handled as badly as people make it out to be. Of course the media was never going to come out and call him a liar with no evidence. If there was even a 1% chance that this was real nobody wants to be the guy in the media shitting all over a victim.

There wasn't much the police could do for awhile, because their "persons of interest" were in Nigeria, but they took them into custody the moment they got off the plane. They obviously knew exactly who they were looking for, and exactly when they were getting back into the country. The whole story started to unraveled pretty quickly after that.

The media had no problem shitting over Justice Kavanaugh, so that isn't a problem.

The Nigerian brothers turned state's evidence. Further, they are immigrants unfamiliar with our legal system, they may have thought this kind of thing was customary.

In addition, they were attacked by Smollett and the media as homophobic racists. I think they need to be suing.

As far as Smollett and his supporters like Harris and Booker, they need to be dealt with severely. 20 years in the joint for Smollett- as a homosexual I'm sure he'll like it, but it will still serve as a deterrent to others.

Politicians who supported him against the Nigerian men, should resign in disgrace

Nigerian brothers?:wtf:

Fake

Anyway....funny thing is, this guys career is over before it even started. Nobody had ever heard of him before last week. When haters self-insert the bumpy, it's so satisfying to watch. I've been laughing for days@:spinner:

The Karmic poetry of this development, while entirely expected, is still quite delicious.

I'm sure you both feel so bad for him, why not feel bad for the brothers who were involved in the attack or guilty of attacking him.

Why have any sympathy for any of these douchebags? They were perpetuating a hoax crime!

Have the brothers testify against Smollett and then put them on a slow boat back home to Nigeria! Deport them! We have enough criminals without importing them!

I'm sure you both feel so bad for him, why not feel bad for the brothers who were involved in the attack or guilty of attacking him.

Guilty of attacking him? If I pay you to punch me in the face I doubt the police are going to arrest you for it.

Yeah, it's kind of like staging an unsanctioned boxing match!

Why have any sympathy for any of these douchebags? They were perpetuating a hoax crime!

Have the brothers testify against Smollett and then put them on a slow boat back home to Nigeria! Deport them! We have enough criminals without importing them!

They claim to have been born, and raised in Chicago, but the news reports always refer to them as Nigerian. They were even in Nigeria while the alleged attack was being investigated, so they probably are full of shit.

I feel bad for his friends, family, and coworkers who defended him. Of course they had to, even if deep down they thought something was fishy. The last thing you want to believe is that somebody you love would do something so bizarre and fucked up.
Yeah, it is just an ugly situation all the way around.

Too bad. He seems like an intelligent dude otherwise.

Maybe he has some big debts or sumpin? I dont know.

I cant imagine what would drive me to do something like this. It would have to be truly horrible.
In my opinion he was wanting to be boosted into the spot light.

They claim to have been born, and raised in Chicago, but the news reports always refer to them as Nigerian. They were even in Nigeria while the alleged attack was being investigated, so they probably are full of shit.

With all of the violence, crime, and overwhelmingly black neighborhoods, they probably thought Chicago was Nigeria.

I feel bad for his friends, family, and coworkers who defended him. Of course they had to, even if deep down they thought something was fishy. The last thing you want to believe is that somebody you love would do something so bizarre and fucked up.

I cant imagine what would drive me to do something like this. It would have to be truly horrible.
In my opinion he was wanting to be boosted into the spot light.

It helped then. 3 weeks ago, I had no idea who Mr. Smollett was, If I saw him walking down the street, I would have no idea who he was and would have never guessed he was a homosexual actor.

With all of the violence, crime, and overwhelmingly black neighborhoods, they probably thought Chicago was Nigeria.

They could be telling the truth that they were born and raised in Chicago. The fact that it wasn't until they got back from visiting family in Nigeria that anybody knew who they were could be why the media just referred to them as Nigerian brothers. They definitely look WAY too healthy to have spent much time in Nigeria.

For me just the fear of being found out would have kept the caper from ever taking place.

They could be telling the truth that they were born and raised in Chicago. The fact that it wasn't until they got back from visiting family in Nigeria that anybody knew who they were could be why the media just referred to them as Nigerian brothers. They definitely look WAY too healthy to have spent much time in Nigeria.

If you look at their pictures they are the color of black that doesn't often occur in American blacks because of race mixing. Obama's father was one who probably caused a lot of people to turn on the lights when he walked into the room because he absorbed most of the light. There is nothing wrong with it, just a statement of fact. I have a woman from India that works for me that is darker than any of my African-American workers, yet she is a caucasian.

For me just the fear of being found out would have kept the caper from ever taking place.

Smollett didn't think the scamola would fail. He did it in a ultraliberal city, recruited 2 reliable guys to work the project with, he figured it was a slam dunk.

Forum List

Back