Snowden vs. Manning.

Both betrayed the trust of the government while working in some very sensitive areas. Both put on display how really seriously the government has hid information about what they are up.

One, conservatives wanted to see put to death.
One, conservatives hail as a hero.

One, stayed in their country to face the music.
One, fled.

Of course one placed people in harms way and people have in fact been harmed by his actions, while the other has shown the people of the US that this POTUS who proclaimed his would be the most transparent and forthright is in fact THE most oppressive we've had since FDR.

6 years later and not one person suffered from anything Manning did. Unless of course you count the Saudis and the military brass.

They both betrayed a trust.

I think there should be consequences for both.

Really? How about that doctor who has been held all these years? And please note, I support Manning for part of what he did. I just dislike his methods and the fact that people ARE in harms way because of his actions.

What if Snowden assassinated the president to make his point....would he still be a hero??

How about if you stick to what he actually did? Or perhaps you don't want serious conversation and debate.

With the promise of more news stories to come based on National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden’s unprecedented leak, NSA brass are probably fully aware of what’s coming next, according to a former top official.

Retired Gen. Michael Hayden, who was the director of the NSA from 1995 until 2005, told TPM Tuesday that agency officials likely know exactly which classified files were accessed and potentially leaked by Snowden. Hayden also said it’s possible the number of documents leaked by Snowden number in the thousands and he’s “surprised” at the sensitive nature of the material that’s been leaked so far.

More: Former NSA Chief: The Agency Has ‘Very Good Idea’ Which Secrets Snowden Swiped | TPMDC

snowden-to-russia.jpg

boy am I glad that reset worked...:rolleyes:

That's basically the conservative meme.

It's okay to have someone they approve of engage in this practice..but if they don't like the guy, it's bad.

Which is why, for the most part, their "arguments" are generally laughable at best.

I don't think its laughable at all.

After the jack lew thing I thought, there isn't any lower to go in the head in the sand hypocrite hole......wow, apparently its bottomless..........you and yes there are others simply cannot admit obama is a rank opportunist and hypocrite...you've turned yourselves into ( you were not like this when you got here) a sad sack of hack, pathetic really....

what it must be like for someone to prostitute their integrity on a friggin message board for a political figure:doubt:....its a pathology all its own, some weak ego, a dollop of poor self image, some perhaps deep seated insecurities ......jesus what a basket of fail......

How do you suss out a hypocrite?

Call him a hypocrite, then watch him try to engage in either verbal gymnastics that will inevitably prove out what you said..or watch him engage in insults.

Cheers.

You went for number 2.

With a pinch of number 1.

dude, your the Nadia Elena Comăneci of hypocritical acrobatics, you got a 10 for the jack lew dodges...hey thats something.

images

wear it proudly.

Of course one placed people in harms way and people have in fact been harmed by his actions, while the other has shown the people of the US that this POTUS who proclaimed his would be the most transparent and forthright is in fact THE most oppressive we've had since FDR.

6 years later and not one person suffered from anything Manning did. Unless of course you count the Saudis and the military brass.

Really? How about that doctor who has been held all these years? And please note, I support Manning for part of what he did. I just dislike his methods and the fact that people ARE in harms way because of his actions.

The Patriot Act was dead wrong.

That doesn't give people who swore oaths to keep secrets license to break that oath and the law.

The announcement came in a short statement, which was actually simply an update of a statement the company had released on Monday. In it, Booz Allen Hamilton confirmed that Snowden “was an employee of our firm for less than 3 months, assigned to a team in Hawaii.”

“Snowden, who had a salary at the rate of $122,000, was terminated June 10, 2013 for violations of the firm’s code of ethics and firm policy,” the statement said. “News reports that this individual has claimed to have leaked classified information are shocking, and if accurate, this action represents a grave violation of the code of conduct and core values of our firm. We will work closely with our clients and authorities in their investigation of this matter.”

Booz Allen Hamilton included the salary figure in apparent response to Snowden’s claim, in an interview with The Guardian, that he made a salary of around $200,000.

More: Booz Allen Cites Different Salary Than Snowden Did | TPMMuckraker

He has had "a very comfortable life" that included a salary of roughly $200,000, a girlfriend with whom he shared a home in Hawaii, a stable career, and a family he loves. "I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."

More: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations | World news | The Guardian

Even so, $122,000/year ain't bad for a kid with a GED.

I don't think its laughable at all.

After the jack lew thing I thought, there isn't any lower to go in the head in the sand hypocrite hole......wow, apparently its bottomless..........you and yes there are others simply cannot admit obama is a rank opportunist and hypocrite...you've turned yourselves into ( you were not like this when you got here) a sad sack of hack, pathetic really....

what it must be like for someone to prostitute their integrity on a friggin message board for a political figure:doubt:....its a pathology all its own, some weak ego, a dollop of poor self image, some perhaps deep seated insecurities ......jesus what a basket of fail......

How do you suss out a hypocrite?

Call him a hypocrite, then watch him try to engage in either verbal gymnastics that will inevitably prove out what you said..or watch him engage in insults.

Cheers.

You went for number 2.

With a pinch of number 1.

dude, your the Nadia Elena Comăneci of hypocritical acrobatics, you got a 10 for the jack lew dodges...hey thats something.

images

wear it proudly.

Here ya go Trajan.

A song about you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE]Beck - Loser - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy!

:clap2:

That doesn't give people who swore oaths to keep secrets license to break that oath and the law.

I don't disagree, but your vitriol is poorly placed.

What if Snowden assassinated the president to make his point....would he still be a hero??

How about if you stick to what he actually did? Or perhaps you don't want serious conversation and debate.

He broke a cardinal law of his profession. He compromised national security. Assasinating the pres would be less damaging...hero?

How Did A Guy With A GED End Up With Top Secret Clearance At The NSA?

Also by his own account, he had been a poor student in high school, did not complete course work at a community college in Maryland, and ended up earning nothing but a GED.

Edward Snowden’s decision to leak top-secret National Security Agency documents has raised questions about the extent of the government’s surveillance capabilities. But it has also led to questions about how someone with Snowden’s experience and background — he is just 29 years old — ended up with seemingly easy access to the nation’s most sensitive secrets.

“How could a guy who was at Booz Allen for three months have Top Secret compartmented clearance?” Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), a members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said to reporters in Washington on Monday, according to Bloomberg. “There are a lot of questions about whether these were in his purview or part of an effort on his part to accumulate as much as he could to release it.”

More: Edward Snowden: From GED To NSA? | TPMMuckraker

He broke a cardinal law of his profession. He compromised national security. Assasinating the pres would be less damaging...hero?
His profession is steamrolling the rights of those they are ostensibly there to protect.

I say put the entirety of both the NSA and DHS up on charges of treason.

Why not?

I seriously doubt it.

Calling Obama out for breaking the law and trying to scuttle the constitution isn't a matter of national security. It's a moral and legal issue that Obama needs to answer for.

Also by his own account, he had been a poor student in high school, did not complete course work at a community college in Maryland, and ended up earning nothing but a GED.

Edward Snowden’s decision to leak top-secret National Security Agency documents has raised questions about the extent of the government’s surveillance capabilities. But it has also led to questions about how someone with Snowden’s experience and background — he is just 29 years old — ended up with seemingly easy access to the nation’s most sensitive secrets.

“How could a guy who was at Booz Allen for three months have Top Secret compartmented clearance?” Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), a members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said to reporters in Washington on Monday, according to Bloomberg. “There are a lot of questions about whether these were in his purview or part of an effort on his part to accumulate as much as he could to release it.”

Uh? Why does it matter?

I hear his girlfriend is rather hot too. Good to know that we keep re-affirming our children that they need to go to high school and college just so they can be able to wait tables and clean bathrooms.

He called out an illegal act committed by the government. I fail to understand why you think that can equate to murder or assassination.
Try to stick to the facts like the rest of the adults are doing.

I know I should be outraged, just not sure why. Is it because he didn't go to college but still got a good job?

Big differences between the two...as I stipulated in the other thread.

As @B. Kidd correctly pointed out...Manning simply data dumped 250,000 pages of classified data...with zero regard for the consequences in terms of lives placed in danger by his actions.

Just for clarification, but I believe it was all labeled Secret, but not Classified. I don't think he released any Classified info. I may be incorrect.

You may be right, but my understanding is that he released top secret classified documents to The Guardian and Washington Post. That's why NSA is freaked out.
I'm talking about Bradley Manning.

Forum List

Back