Snowden vs. Manning.

What I saw was people less than 4 blocks and 15 minutes from a place where our troops had taken small arms and rocket fire.
Not from them. And do I have to remind you, we were in "their" country illegally, shooting their citizens, destroying their country and infrastructure, over a bunch of bullshit lies to the tune of $3 trillion US tax dollars. And what did we get in return for that investment? Squat! $3 trillion dollars with no benefit to average American's.

What I saw was several people carrying weapons.
You saw people you wanted to have weapons. There's no fuckin' way in hell you could tell the camera bag was an RPG. And if you can't determine it is for sure a target of military necessity, then you cannot fire.

Where's the fucking threat?

What I saw was a justified attack on a justified target.
You cannot target people who take no part in hostilities.

Maybe you should learn to trust your military just a little.
Not when they're doing the same thing the nazis did in WWII.

Yes there was collateral damage, but maybe that photographer knew the danger he was in walking with those guys.......
Deliberately targeting members of the media, is another war crime.

And the van was their bad luck. Why anyone would stop like that I'll never know....especially with kids in the van....
They were picking up the wounded. Since when is that a threat? How is caring for your wounded countryman, make you an "enemy belligerent"?

How would you like it if the Chinese military was flying around your neighborhood, shooting your neighbors while they were standing around talking in front of their houses? Would you go over to see if they were okay? What if it was your best friend? Would you try to help get him to the hospital?

"Why would anyone stop?"

WTF kind of question is that to ask? Do you have any sense of humanity at all?

But then again that's not what this thread is about.
That's exactly what this thread is about. That's the video Manning released to the public. That video shows we're not the nation we claim to be.

Both betrayed the trust of the government while working in some very sensitive areas. Both put on display how really seriously the government has hid information about what they are up.

One, conservatives wanted to see put to death.
One, conservatives hail as a hero.

One, stayed in their country to face the music.
One, fled.

They are both heroes, along with Julian Assange.

Seriously?

We are a nation of laws..and even if those laws are wrong, they must be followed.

There are plenty of avenues to get laws changed.

But if no one follows the laws..we will wind up with something worse than bad laws.

We will wind up with anarchy.
Isn't one of the avenues called "Civil Disobedience"?
How did that work out for segregation and Jim Crow laws? Anarchy or positive changes? <---Rhetorical questions.

Yep.

Part and parcel with Civil Disobedience is hanging around to face the music.

What I saw was people less than 4 blocks and 15 minutes from a place where our troops had taken small arms and rocket fire.
Not from them. And do I have to remind you, we were in "their" country illegally, shooting their citizens, destroying their country and infrastructure, over a bunch of bullshit lies to the tune of $3 trillion US tax dollars. And what did we get in return for that investment? Squat! $3 trillion dollars with no benefit to average American's.

You saw people you wanted to have weapons. There's no fuckin' way in hell you could tell the camera bag was an RPG. And if you can't determine it is for sure a target of military necessity, then you cannot fire.

And the van was their bad luck. Why anyone would stop like that I'll never know....especially with kids in the van....
They were picking up the wounded. Since when is that a threat? How is caring for your wounded countryman, make you an "enemy belligerent"?

How would you like it if the Chinese military was flying around your neighborhood, shooting your neighbors while they were standing around talking in front of their houses? Would you go over to see if they were okay? What if it was your best friend? Would you try to help get him to the hospital?

"Why would anyone stop?"

That's exactly what this thread is about. That's the video Manning released to the public. That video shows we're not the nation we claim to be.

This video was pretty damning and puts on display the lengths the military will go to hide shit like this.

Had Manning JUST released this..he'd be in much better shape.

This video was pretty damning and puts on display the lengths the military will go to hide shit like this.

Had Manning JUST released this..he'd be in much better shape.
And do you know who's to blame for that? Who's at fault for that video? We are! You and me. All of us. As much as that video makes me sick to my stomach, I to am to blame for it. And that pisses me off even more.

We're responsible for everything this government does in our name. Doesn't matter whether it's a Bush or Obama calling the shots, the burden of responsibility will always fall on us for allowing it to happen.

"Why would anyone stop?"

You got a lot of BS from two still frames. Fact is that there was at least one AK47 and at least one RPG found. Now I can almost understand an Iraqi walking around with an AK. (Almost) but that RPG is not any kind of defensive weapon. It targets you. It makes you a legal target. And as long as you want to say Bush was lying and don't include most of the top Democrats from Clinton on down then you are a fool. Everyone believed Saddam and he admitted that he wanted Iran to believe he had WMD.... Try to keep up....

You got a lot of BS from two still frames.
Wrong! I got that from video itself. And no where in that video do those blurred images become clear.

Fact is that there was at least one AK47 and at least one RPG found.
Those were "drop weapons".

Now I can almost understand an Iraqi walking around with an AK. (Almost) but that RPG is not any kind of defensive weapon.
It is if you're defending your country against a foreign invader.

It targets you. It makes you a legal target.
So you're saying a person carrying around a weapon in a country that is not only, not yours, but a place you have no legal justification to even be there, makes "THEM" a target.

And as long as you want to say Bush was lying...
It's not like I want to say it, I just don't allow people to tell me the emperor has new clothes.

and don't include most of the top Democrats from Clinton on down then you are a fool.
They're not the ones who created the lie, they just went along with it.

Everyone believed Saddam and he admitted that he wanted Iran to believe he had WMD.... Try to keep up....
WTF does Hussein's issues with Iran, have anything to do with us?

Forum List

Back