So here's what I think happened between Kavanaugh & Ford

Bottom line: SHE ASKED FOR IT.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

Seems like we'll never get the knuckledraggers to pick up their knuckles. On behalf of males everywhere to females I apologize for those too dense to understand that they need to.
What do we need to do, shut up?

Don't apologize for us.

So basically right above we have one knuckledragger blaming the victim with "she asked for it" (in clueless all-caps no less) and calling for said victim to be "countersued",. presumably after setting somebody up to sue her first --- and a second knuckledragger who holds that a man can do anything he wants to a woman as long as he claims the status of "blotto".

That is why y'all need an apology.

Pogo

The way the definition reads, she sued him for attempted rape by sending Finkstein a letter asking for redress. It doesn't have to be for money; it could be for a public apology. If her charge is false he could counter sue for defamation of character. Being a judge he would know the ropes. As for her being a college educated Doctor of Brain Function, she screwed up by not consulting a lawyer before sending that pathetic letter to Finklestein. She obviously didn't plan better.

sue
/so͞o/

verb
  • 1.institute legal proceedings against (a person or institution), typically for redress:"she is to sue the baby's father"synonyms:take legal action against, take to court, bring an action against, bring a suit against, proceed against, ... more
  • 2.appeal formally to a person for something:"the rebels were forced to sue for peace"synonyms:appeal, petition, ask, beg, plead, ... more
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

Clearly you're not involved in law. That in no way constitutes a 'suit'. A lawsuit is a quantifiable document. It either exists, or it does not. This does not. "Suing for peace" in no way applies here.

The plaintiff's plea is dismissed as without merit. Court adjourned.

I had you figured you for a college graduate. I was right! Went to NC State did ya?

Having spent four fairly boozy years in college, having been to my share of college parties, and just having a fundamental understanding of that environment, here's what I think happened.

I think he was drunk and he dry humped her for "fun". Stupid, sophomoric, thoughtless, "fun". The mix of booze, testosterone and adrenaline can make a young guy do some pretty stupid shit, and you can DOUBLE that when a buddy is there. He and his buddy laughed about it, and maybe she hid her horror by not acting like she had been attacked. Ask them about it a week later, and they may or may not have remembered it.

Different people (men and women) are sensitive to entirely different things. Clearly this really, profoundly hurt Ford, even though he was clowning around. It wasn't a rape, it wasn't an attempted rape, it was a short, stupid, ignorant act by a drunk kid who was showing off and should have fucking known better. Some women would have laughed it off, some would not, and there is no right or wrong response to it.

Should that disqualify any candidate, three decades later, nominated by a President from either party, for the Supreme Court? Not in my book, but it certainly provides a pretty good excuse for partisans of the opposite party nowadays.

My two cents. Yours?

Interesting post & thanks for throwing that out there. There is IMO a lot of truth in your post AFA what goes on on a college campus during that time frame. I'm sure that is still going on to this day.

OK, so let's say everything went down just like you stated in the OP.
Would there be any need for anyone to lie about it re: Ford, or Kavanaugh?

Exactly. If Kavanaugh had said "OK yeah that happened but I remember it more this way...." or if he had said "I don't remember it but considering my lifestyle at the time it could have happened and if it did I apologize".... the whole thing would have blown over weeks ago and he'd prolly be on the court now.

Of course if he's sure it didn't happen he could have said that too without digging into the pit of partisan politics and conspiracy theories and obfuscation and deliberate misstatement of facts.

Any of the above would have been honest, temperate responses and the idea of being less than qualified, at least on this basis, would have dissipated.

But in the event he chose to go full partisan-conspiracy-meltdown man. Which makes the whole question of what happened in a bedroom in 1982, irrelevant. If a given Senator is looking for a reason to disqualify, Kavanaugh went out of his way to provide it.

If Kavanaugh had said "OK yeah that happened but I remember it more this way...." or if he had said "I don't remember it but considering my lifestyle at the time it could have happened and if it did I apologize".... the whole thing would have blown over weeks ago and he'd prolly be on the court now.

Wow...I always thought you were stupid....but I never realized you were this stupid. If anyone watching the democrats and what they are doing to Kavanaugh could come away with what you just posted...they would be just as stupid as you are....If he did that, he would not only be done with the nomination, they would be drawing up articles of impeachment for his current post, you moron.

So you have no answer to that beyond "you moron". Typical.

Like 98% of your posts. Pretty revealing that you find flaws in others that you are totally blind to in yourself.

Having spent four fairly boozy years in college, having been to my share of college parties, and just having a fundamental understanding of that environment, here's what I think happened.

I think he was drunk and he dry humped her for "fun". Stupid, sophomoric, thoughtless, "fun". The mix of booze, testosterone and adrenaline can make a young guy do some pretty stupid shit, and you can DOUBLE that when a buddy is there. He and his buddy laughed about it, and maybe she hid her horror by not acting like she had been attacked. Ask them about it a week later, and they may or may not have remembered it.

Different people (men and women) are sensitive to entirely different things. Clearly this really, profoundly hurt Ford, even though he was clowning around. It wasn't a rape, it wasn't an attempted rape, it was a short, stupid, ignorant act by a drunk kid who was showing off and should have fucking known better. Some women would have laughed it off, some would not, and there is no right or wrong response to it.

Should that disqualify any candidate, three decades later, nominated by a President from either party, for the Supreme Court? Not in my book, but it certainly provides a pretty good excuse for partisans of the opposite party nowadays.

My two cents. Yours?

Mac the reality is no one knows but Kavanaugh and Ford. Since each has given the exactly opposite answer there must be evidence. That is our system of Government.

I am not willing to see a man's life destroyed based on zero evidence.
Wrong. We all know he's innocent and she's a liar. It couldn't be more obvious. Her story was carefully crafted by the Dims to make it impossible to verify, even though it was. Feinstein and Durbin are too stupid to come up with a story without holes. This one has holes so big you could drive a semi through them.

There is no evidence Kavanaugh committed the crime. But there is no iron clad evidence he did not. Since everyone else is speculating I will too. I think Ford was abused, but not by Kavanaugh. Regardless, Kavanaugh should be confirmed since, at this point there is no evidence.

My two cents. Yours?

I think a close, male relative has been abusing her since childhood
I'm more inclined to think something did happen. What pushed me in that direction was the way he danced around agreeing with calling for an FBI investigation. Merits of the investigation aside, he could have just wholeheartedly said, "yes, absolutely, let's do it", and he did not. He kept deflecting to "I called for a hearing". More than once. That didn't look good.

I'd just need more info to reach a conclusion.

He also kept deflecting to "I'm happy with whatever the Committee wants to do" --- knowing that, at the time, Chairman Grassley was not going to permit an FBI investigation. That phrasing told us much.

But you're correct, he never did express a willingness to call in the FBI directly. He even sat in stony silence at least once when the offer was made to state that and wouldn't say anything.

It's not his decision to call in the FBI, moron. The senators had no business even asking him such a question. IF it was up to him, why wouldn't he just call to have a vote right then and there?

Nobody claimed it was "his decision" Finger-boi. I see the reading lessons still haven't begun.

Wassamatta? Can't deal with what's in the post so you have to rewrite it?

The FBI investigation is nothing but a diversion.

Then why couldn't he accept it and get it over with? Did he not express the desire to clear his name? Might not such an investigation help do just that?

It's a scam intended to delay the vote so the Dims can conjure up more dirt to heap on him.

So you're saying it might find something.

Yeah that's apparently what Kavanaugh thought too.

My two cents. Yours?

Interesting post & thanks for throwing that out there. There is IMO a lot of truth in your post AFA what goes on on a college campus during that time frame. I'm sure that is still going on to this day.

OK, so let's say everything went down just like you stated in the OP.
Would there be any need for anyone to lie about it re: Ford, or Kavanaugh?

Exactly. If Kavanaugh had said "OK yeah that happened but I remember it more this way...." or if he had said "I don't remember it but considering my lifestyle at the time it could have happened and if it did I apologize".... the whole thing would have blown over weeks ago and he'd prolly be on the court now.

Of course if he's sure it didn't happen he could have said that too without digging into the pit of partisan politics and conspiracy theories and obfuscation and deliberate misstatement of facts.

Any of the above would have been honest, temperate responses and the idea of being less than qualified, at least on this basis, would have dissipated.

But in the event he chose to go full partisan-conspiracy-meltdown man. Which makes the whole question of what happened in a bedroom in 1982, irrelevant. If a given Senator is looking for a reason to disqualify, Kavanaugh went out of his way to provide it.

If Kavanaugh had said "OK yeah that happened but I remember it more this way...." or if he had said "I don't remember it but considering my lifestyle at the time it could have happened and if it did I apologize".... the whole thing would have blown over weeks ago and he'd prolly be on the court now.

Wow...I always thought you were stupid....but I never realized you were this stupid. If anyone watching the democrats and what they are doing to Kavanaugh could come away with what you just posted...they would be just as stupid as you are....If he did that, he would not only be done with the nomination, they would be drawing up articles of impeachment for his current post, you moron.

So you have no answer to that beyond "you moron". Typical.

Like 98% of your posts. Pretty revealing that you find flaws in others that you are totally blind to in yourself.

Feel free to go find a post of mine that consists of "you moron". Wake me when you do.

My two cents. Yours?

I agree with the fundamental premise that Kavvy's behavior was partially inspired by juvenile recklessness. But your hypothesis is almost entirely a series of alleged events. There is no substantive link between the particulars that Ford has alleged and the particulars you are suggesting as an alternative, and no basis to invent these alternate allegations.

I see no reason to discount the fundamental story that Ford has told. I don't believe she is lying when she says she was pushed into the room by Judge, nor when she says that Kavvy covered her mouth to suppress her screams. Believing your suggestions requires that we either believe Ford is lying, or that her mind invented those things over time. Neither one is a justifiable hypothesis. And, incidentally, ends up essentially being the same tired "She's crazy, she's confused" excuses that have historically been used to marginalize women when they bring sexual assaults to light.

Where is the evidence to back up your statement. You must have evidence. You do understand that, right?

Maybe

But I think it was more than just a dry hump for fun

He tried to remove her clothes but she had a bathing suit on underneath and he gave up
Prove it, asshole.

AM I THE ONLY ONE who has noticed the ring around Chrissy's throat?

View attachment 219298

What is that?
  1. Residual marks left from her B&D sex collar removed for the hearing?
  2. Deliberately put there to subliminally make her appear more the "victim?"
  3. Leftover choke marks from her husband after pleading with the psycho liberal bitch not to go through with this crap failed?
I want this to end up with Brett on the Supreme Court, Feinstein impeached and Chrissy Ford counter-sued for one million dollars.

A face lift and is definitely due for another.
-------------------------------------- more then justa facelift is needed . I often ask people why SOME women seem to grow skinny and ugly in their heads as they grow old . But this 'feminazi' hero seems to be on an accelerated schedule when it come to growing old and skinny headed . --------- just an observation and comment !!

She looks like she is in her 60's even with the facelift....to say that she hasn't aged gracefully would be an understatement.

Feminism seems to do that to people. My pet theory is it comes from all the bitter bile secretions eventually getting into the bloodstream. ;)

My two cents. Yours?

Entirely possible but unprovable, therefore irrelevant, short of either Ford producing movies of the event or Kavanaugh himself coming out and saying: "Hell ya, I did that!" Time to confirm the poor guy and move on to other business.

I think what really happened is, sadly, irrelevant at this point. Dems have a vested interest in keeping the MeToo™ movement stoked up until the election.

Past. Way past. Calling out sexual abusers is the new normal.

It is blatantly obvious that nothing happen between them. She didn't even hang in the same social circles as Kavanaugh. She is lying big time.

She was simply somebody that the Democrats found that was willing to lie about Kavanaugh. They needed to go back to high school because then it would be hard to prove that it never happen. He had too stellar of a reputation as an adult for the filthy Democrats to ever hang anything on him like a public hair in coke can or something.

She is a card carrying Moon Bat from a family of Moon Bats. Perfect lying bitch for the Democrats.

There is no evidence that she is "lying",
Similarly there is also no evidence that he is "lying".

There is however evidence that he would often get into situations of deep inebriation on "skis" to the point where he couldn't remember what had happened. In fact there is indication he still does. So it's entirely possible that when he says it never happened he is honestly relating what is in his memory.

--- which would mean nobody is "lying". As far as they know.

My two cents. Yours?

I agree with the fundamental premise that Kavvy's behavior was partially inspired by juvenile recklessness. But your hypothesis is almost entirely a series of alleged events. There is no substantive link between the particulars that Ford has alleged and the particulars you are suggesting as an alternative, and no basis to invent these alternate allegations.

I see no reason to discount the fundamental story that Ford has told. I don't believe she is lying when she says she was pushed into the room by Judge, nor when she says that Kavvy covered her mouth to suppress her screams. Believing your suggestions requires that we either believe Ford is lying, or that her mind invented those things over time. Neither one is a justifiable hypothesis. And, incidentally, ends up essentially being the same tired "She's crazy, she's confused" excuses that have historically been used to marginalize women when they bring sexual assaults to light.
There's a fine line here, and I'm just trying to drill down a bit on it. Maybe a good term would be "perceived intent". I'm not trying to discount her story as much as I am theorizing a situation in which she reasonably perceived herself to be in grave danger when she in fact was not.

I can sure as hell picture a situation in which a drunk guy forces himself on a woman without actually intending to rape her. For him it's, maybe, aggressive, drunk, manly playfulness. For her, it's a fuckin' attack.

Such theorizing is dangerous on a highly partisan message board, granted, but what the hell.

And then, I think it's fair to question whether something that happened that long ago applies today. If my little story is close to being right, then I'd think he was being dishonest in his testimony, and that's that.

Maybe

But I think it was more than just a dry hump for fun

He tried to remove her clothes but she had a bathing suit on underneath and he gave up

IF it happened, Chrissy comes across like a delicate snowflake that likely magnified events in her mind, especially over the 36 yeasrs she's had to rewrite her memory 10,000 times over.

Bottom line: SHE ASKED FOR IT. What was a 15 year old doing VOLUNTARILY at an older all-boys dorm partying and getting drunk? Where were her fucking parents? Every 15 year old I've known, they were under iron-tight restrictions and were in by dark, not out late getting boozed up with a bunch of older boys looking for a thrill.

That is total fucking bullshit. I do not care if she drank a whole bottle of Jack, nobody asked to get assaulted.

It is people like you that allow for women to get treated that way, if you were not doing it yourself.

You are a fucking piece of shit.

My two cents. Yours?
Normal boys don't attempt Rape. Drunk, sober, showing off or other...

If you attempt rape, you're a pathetic piece of shit and dont deserve the position, let alone your freedom.

I am somewhat conflicted on believing what really happened between Ford and Kavanaugh. It may surprise some people to learn that not all boys were brought up to treat women as sex objects or punching bags. It happens, no doubt about that, and it's an absolutely horrible thing to have to go through. I was brought up to respect women, it was absolutely forbidden to hit my sister or any other girl. My dad would have whipped my ass so hard I would have been scarred for life in more ways than one. So when I hear an accusation like this one my first natural is to feel bad for the woman and some hostility to the man.

BUT - I am also a student of human nature, and the sad fact is that some people will either be mistaken or lie, and women do it too. For a variety of reasons, from greed to politics, to revenge or resentment, a man or woman may deliberately mislead or outright lie if sufficiently motivated, and for some people it doesn't take a whole lot of motivation, lying comes fairly easily. Some say that the number of liars is insignificant; well, not really, there are studies that suggest the number of women who accused a man of rape or sexual misconduct only to be determined that it was false is as high as 30% or more. Not saying that is the case with Mrs Ford, I don't know her but she very well may feel that putting Brett Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS is unacceptable enough to lie. Note that her social media pages have been scrubbed, so her feelings about certain issues such as abortion (Roe v Wade) may well be quite strong. But why remove that information if it's fairly innocuous? Point #1 against.

Could she truly believe her accusation, but be mistaken about who it was? I guess so, but she did seem pretty sure that it was him. Wasn't sure about anything else though, which raises another flag. Here's a guy sitting on the 2nd most important federal court in the land and she does nothing about it until he's nominated for the SCOTUS. Why'd she wait? Hard to understand that. Point #2 against. Some people are delusional to some degree, it may be that she did have some sort of fixation on Kavanaugh that was unrequited as they say. She may indeed have gone through some sort of traumatic event as she says but transferred her anger from the guilty person to Kavanaugh for not returning her feelings. Dunno, this is really spitballing here, but it's possible.

So, she's almost raped, and sufficiently traumatized about it to have serious emotional issues more 30+ years later. Am I to believe a 15 year old girl in that situation goes home and her parents don't realize the emotional state she's in? No torn clothing, no tears, no indication immediately or for the next 30 years that any such event took place? Her BFFs don't see any changes in her behavior, and she says nothing to nobody? I'm sorry, but it doesn't add up. Point #3 against.

Somebody had to take her to the party and take her home that night. Who? If there's one person who could validate her state after she left the party after being assaulted, that's the person. But she doesn't remember who it was. And everybody in America knows about her and this story by now, but nobody has come forward and tell us about how Ford was acting on the way home. Then there's the problem with the dates and places, she doesn't know exactly where or when and never reported the attack to anybody. I understand that, it can't be easy to do that, especially when you're 15 but damn, you can't just say well she claims this so it must be true. Point #4.

So - add it all up and you get a contrived story that was used by the Democrats purely for political purposes with Ford's consent and assistance. I don't think it happened, certainly not with Kavanaugh as the attacker; rapists don't rape somebody when they're 17 and then never do it again. Spare me the bullshit about Ramirez and Spednick or whatever her name is, what we have here is pure politics. People are stepping forward to present preposterous claims and are unfounded and unbelievable, for one reason and one reason only. It ain't for justice, it's for trying to keep Kavanaugh off the SCOTUS and absolutely nothing more. I really don't want to believe that, but I think that any rational person has to come to the same conclusion that I did.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

Seems like we'll never get the knuckledraggers to pick up their knuckles. On behalf of males everywhere to females I apologize for those too dense to understand that they need to.

Yeah, clinging on to the old innocent until proven guilty thing, is so fucking yesterday. FU

Read the post I quoted, and/or read the rest of my posts, and then proceed to go fuck yourself. :)

Pogo is always telling people they need to reread his posts better. Maybe he ought to try WRITING them more clearly? All of his arguments come down to one of a few things:
  1. I'm changing the subject to your not being able to read.
  2. I'm changing the subject to my getting time to deflect.
  3. I'm changing the subject to personal attacks on the messenger (aka: knuckledragger, idiot, FU, et al.).

BUT - I am also a student of human nature, and the sad fact is that some people will either be mistaken or lie, and women do it too. For a variety of reasons, from greed to politics, to revenge or resentment, a man or woman may deliberately mislead or outright lie if sufficiently motivated, and for some people it doesn't take a whole lot of motivation, lying comes fairly easily.
I think that's fair. In this particular case, I think that something did happen. I'm just wondering if her perceptions of the incident were accurate. And at the same time, even if those perceptions were inaccurate, they were still traumatic.

The predictable and ugly way it has been used for political advantage is another story, of course.

No. It DIDN'T happen.
The day someone is guilty over a 40 year old "HE DID IT" by some ugly hag is the day ALL men should tread carefully.

You need to slow down your reading. What I just said DID happen was Kavanaugh's paranoid meltdown in the committee hot seat. Which --- it did.

I have to presume you're addressing me as the prior post, since you didn't quote anybody.

No it didn't, he should have been more aggressive, about the second time a commie senator asked him if he would ask for an FBI investigation, he should have asked the commie committee members for a show of hands, if he got another clean background check form the FBI, WOULD THEY VOTE FOR HIS CONFIRMATION???

You can bet your ass not one single hand would have risen. It all pure political bullshit.

You don't "ask for a show of hands" in a judicial hearing. klown shoes.

Know what else you don't do? Ask one of the Senators if she's ever been drunk to unconsciousness.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

Yeah, clinging on to the old innocent until proven guilty thing, is so fucking yesterday. FU

Justice, is sometimes messy and painful... and it seems there is always a ''fall guy'' or ''fall gal''

What may come out of this some day, is young girls are going to learn the importance in reporting what happened to them, when it happened to them... strip the fear of not being believed if they speak up or being blamed... from their entire DNA of phobias.

And perhaps unfortunately for boys, boys will be taught, to keep their hands off, unless solicited....

Yeah, your PC crap is going to completely reorder human nature, NOT! If something happens to someone, man or woman, you don't get to sit on it for nearly 40 years and then expect to ruin someones life with nothing but your word. It just can't work that way and have any justice, every one would be subject to unfounded accusations.

right :rolleyes:

Tell that to the alter boys molested and even raped by those Catholic Priests 20 to 30 to 40 years ago... just shut up, we don't care, you didn't report it at the time... you snooze, you lose!

go ahead, do it... tell them your ignorant position... that it's all their fault.

Forum List

Back