So I'm sitting here watching Fox News

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
My wife is undergoing minor surgery, and I'm sitting in the waiting room watching Fox News. I don't think I've ever watched Fox News in the afternoon, and I've seen more ads for gold and silver than anything else. I usually have CNBC on during the afternoon, and there must be 10x more gold and silver ads on Fox than CNBC.

I'm flabbergasted.

I HATE any ad that promises big returns for anything, but pimping big returns in commodities is borderline criminal.

But....but.....but gold IS money.

Attack! Attack!

Gold-Bug-Post.jpg

One of the reason you saw more ads on Fox is because advertisers know they are reaching A LARGER AUDIENCE!!!

Too difficult to understand?

I watch CNN New Day in the morning and see the same thing there. Less audience = less ads. :)

One of the reason you saw more ads on Fox is because advertisers know they are reaching A LARGER AUDIENCE!!!

I watch CNN New Day in the morning and see the same thing there. Less audience = less ads. :)

also seems to be a different target audience.

fox viewers seem to like shiny things.

precious.

You are correct.

Hope you wife does well after the minor surgery, Toro.
Regards, Gracie.

precious.

That's how it works.

My wife is undergoing minor surgery, and I'm sitting in the waiting room watching Fox News. I don't think I've ever watched Fox News in the afternoon, and I've seen more ads for gold and silver than anything else. I usually have CNBC on during the afternoon, and there must be 10x more gold and silver ads on Fox than CNBC.

I'm flabbergasted.

I HATE any ad that promises big returns for anything, but pimping big returns in commodities is borderline criminal.

I think all you have to do is follow the money. What kind of audience will the advertisers be most effective with?

Fox has a conservative audience. Conservatives are less likely to trust the Federal Reserve (ie Big Gov't centralization, etc, etc) and are more likely to be enticed by the trading of alternative forms of assets (like gold, silver).

It's all a demographic thing...

I'm flabbergasted.

I think all you have to do is follow the money. What kind of audience will the advertisers be most effective with?

Fox has a conservative audience. Conservatives are less likely to trust the Federal Reserve (ie Big Gov't centralization, etc, etc) and are more likely to be enticed by the trading of alternative forms of assets (like gold, silver).

It's all a demographic thing...

They have between 2 and 3 million viewers who like to hear the phrase, "Free Market", reiterated throughout the day.
THAT'S the Free Market at work.

I'd rather see adds pimping Voluntarily Purchased gold and silver than ones pimping ObamaCare.

Just sayin'.

I'm flabbergasted.

Watching any other news channel beside Fox News is borderline criminal.

The way you drew that conclusion on ads I'm surprised you aren't usually watching the Disney Channel.

precious.

That's how it works.

Yep.

What percentage is likely to buy is more important than how many are watching. Fox viewers are predisposed to distrust real investments in favor of phony, but shiny, gold.

If we learned nothing else from nutter Beck, its that.

Hope your wife is okay, Toro.

I'm flabbergasted.

Hope your wife is back to her old self quickly. Didn't yo mama tell you Fox News would rot your brain?

More like target audience. Same way you see toy commercials during children's programs, and Girls Gone Wild commercials at 1am on Friday and Saturday nights.

I'm flabbergasted.

Hope all is well with your wife...

The demographics point to Fox viewers, a savvy investor should know this...

Forum List

Back