So, Iran's Khamenei Demands all Sanctions End when Nuclear Deal Signed

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Well, seems we have an issue here no?

-Geaux
----------------------

Iran's Khamenei demands all sanctions end when nuclear deal signed

(Reuters) - Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Thursday demanded that all sanctions on Iran be lifted at the same time as any final agreement with world powers on curbing Tehran's nuclear program is concluded.

Khamenei, the Islamic Republic's most powerful figure and who has the last say on all state matters, was making his first comments on the interim deal reached last week in the Swiss city of Lausanne.

He repeated his faith in President Hassan Rouhani's negotiating team. But in remarks apparently meant to keep hardline loyalists on side, he warned about the "devilish" intentions of the United States.

"I neither support nor oppose the deal. Everything is in the details, it may be that the deceptive other side wants to restrict us in the details," Khamenei said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

His stand on the lifting of sanctions matched earlier comments by Rouhani, who said Iran would only sign a final nuclear accord if all measures imposed over its disputed atomic work are lifted on the same day.

"Under the agreed-upon parameters, sanctions will be suspended in a phased manner upon verification that Iran has met specific commitments," State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke said. He declined to react specifically to the Iranian leadership's comments.

Iran s Khamenei demands all sanctions end when nuclear deal signed Reuters

Sure , just like I got married to have anal sex with my wife, ain't gonna happen....

-Geaux
----------------------

(Reuters) - Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Thursday demanded that all sanctions on Iran be lifted at the same time as any final agreement with world powers on curbing Tehran's nuclear program is concluded.

Khamenei, the Islamic Republic's most powerful figure and who has the last say on all state matters, was making his first comments on the interim deal reached last week in the Swiss city of Lausanne.

He repeated his faith in President Hassan Rouhani's negotiating team. But in remarks apparently meant to keep hardline loyalists on side, he warned about the "devilish" intentions of the United States.

"I neither support nor oppose the deal. Everything is in the details, it may be that the deceptive other side wants to restrict us in the details," Khamenei said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

His stand on the lifting of sanctions matched earlier comments by Rouhani, who said Iran would only sign a final nuclear accord if all measures imposed over its disputed atomic work are lifted on the same day.

"Under the agreed-upon parameters, sanctions will be suspended in a phased manner upon verification that Iran has met specific commitments," State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke said. He declined to react specifically to the Iranian leadership's comments.

Well, if that's true, we'll find out soon enough, in that obama is going to give them whatever they ask for.

We might as well replace obama with khamenei. It wouldn't make anything worse then it's already going to be.

Last edited:
So how will it go down? Should we start a pool or something?

-Geaux

It's called negotiation. The only thing to worry about is the Republicans' screwing things up by butting in where they don't belong. They get their say when then the president presents the deal to Congress.

It's called negotiation. The only thing to worry about is the Republicans' screwing things up by butting in where they don't belong. They get their say when then the president presents the deal to Congress.

Hussein Obozo seems to have a strange way of negotiating. Agree?

Explain. The negotiations aren't done. Nothing's on paper. Hard to come to that conclusion until we see the final result. Agree?

-Geaux
----------------------

When it is signed, or before it is signed?

Why shouldn't sanctions be lifted? Iran hasn't done anything wrong. There never should have been sanctions in the first place.

It'll happen.

And it will be accompanied by a groveling apology for even having thought of them and also with generous cash (your cash) reparations.

But it won't happen until very late on Friday when all the low-information folks are sound asleep until Monday. By which time it will all be forgotten by the media.

Explain. The negotiations aren't done. Nothing's on paper. Hard to come to that conclusion until we see the final result. Agree?

Obama should have kept everything close to vest instead of celebrating the supposed agreement on the framework to the deal, which may or may not have been completely fabricated. If Obama did lie about the framework it is a strange negotiation tactic. If Iran is lying Obama should not made the agreement public until everything is finalized. Rule number one in negotiating is don't say you have a deal before you in fact have a deal. I would normally agree that the final result on paper is what is important, but I am beyond skeptical that Iran will fulfill any meaningful obligations of any deal they do eventually sign off on.

So, will Obama move his red line? You know, just go ahead a cave in?
Am I a mind reader? Two reasons for that question, A) I can't read Obama's mind and B) I'm having to guess what your sentence means! :dunno:

The fact that Iran is demanding this is expected or should have been. The question now is will Obama knuckle under and if so how quickly?

Forum List

Back