🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, let's go ahead and go back to the '1967' borders and end the 'occupation'

TheOldSchool

I think at this point we can all agree that the people who decided creating Israel after WW2 was a good idea really fucked up and wouldn't do it again if they knew the shitstorm it would start.
(COMMENT)

This is one of those theoretical questions (calling for the hypothetical: "what if") where the answer is: "We'll never know now."

When I came back from Europe the first time, I had seen most of it through a 1970s version of a minds-eye; clearly not through the eyes of my father. The men and women who contributed to the WWII War effort were special, and had seen things and done things they would better left forgotten. The names and places like Monte Cassino, the Ardennes, Luzon, Normandy, Arnhem, Bastogne, provoked different memories for me then it did for them. The Battle of Bataan and Corregidor, Midway and Leyte Gulf --- all mean something more to them --- then it will ever will for me. They tackled and triumphed over two most powerful and ruthless military machines ever assembled.

It is very difficult for me to guess what, as Tom Brokaw called them, the "Greatest Generation" would have thought about the today's plight of the Jewish People and the arrogance of the Arab-Palestinian, in an attempt to defy the establishment of a Jewish National Home, and engaged in a deliberate effort to alter by force the decision of the UN and the Allied Powers. I'm not sure how the would react to the complaints of the Arab Palestinian People given that many of the key leaders that fought to overrun Israel support the NAZIs. The policy of the day, was deNAZIfication.

When COL William Quinn, ACofS G-2 was compiling the CIC reports one finding in Dachau, he wrote these words:

Given that the two leads of the Arab-Palestinian Resistance Militia Units (Holy War Army and Arab Liberation Army) were both NAZIs: (i) Hasan Salama, a special commando unit of the Waffen SS in Operation ATLAS, which was jointly operated by German Intelligence and Grand Mufti al-Husseini; (ii) Fawzi al-Qawuqi, was a Colonel in the Wehrmacht. Even the Grand Mufti Hajj Amin al-Husayni, an Arab nationalist, opponent to the establishment of a Jewish National Home, and future First President of the All Palestine Government, had direct ties to NAZI Germany, and the Führer.

Yes, it would be hard to say if they would choose the Jewish side --- or --- Arab-Palestinian side that was a former enemy element (Germany was still Occupied by Allied Forces).

Most Respectfully,
R
"today's plight of the Jewish People and the arrogance of the Arab-Palestinian, in an attempt to defy the establishment of a Jewish National Home"

That's the most biased nonsense I've ever seen.

About those 1967 borders. Why do we cling to this year, 1967?

Every now and then , a poster here comes up with a valid point. Why DO we cling to this year, 1967? Zionist Israel's borders were defined in 1948 when it declared independance, and most Western powers recognised these borders, so if anything, Zionist Israel should, by rights return to these, especially because acquisition of territory, even in a "defensive" war, is illegal.

WRONG again ratboy as Israel's borders were defined by international law and treaty in 1923. That is what they declared independence on. No western powers recognise anything but Israel's borders with Jordan and Egypt. The UN was not allowed by international law and its own charter to delineate any borders so the partition plan of 1947 was what it wanted to see happen. The arab muslims demanded the Jews be evicted from the land and the land given to them as they demanded in 1917.Produce a map drawn up by Israel that shows the borders agreed in 1948 when they declared independence of the mandate. The Jews knew that they would either be wiped out defending themselves from the massed arab armies or win the day and have more land than that proposed in the partition plan. You are once again using a recommendation as an international law retrospectively, as that clause did not come into existence until after Israel had occupied gaza, Sinai, west bank and Golan heights. It did not come into being as an international law until much much later, and was promptly breached by muslims all over the world.

You need to stop smoking hashish and shewing khat as they have addled your brain

Thank you Tinmore for your informative video. Informative to the point to show your true self in this debate. You truly want Israel wiped off the map. Now we know it for sure. You could care less about any peace. Now we know it for sure.

But on the other point I made in my OP, again no pro pal goes near it, as usual. The west bank and Gaza were still occupied from 1949 through 1967. Crickets . . . . .
Actually, the question I have is how did Egypt and Jordan Occupy Palestinian land? Neither of them were at war with Palestine.

They didn't need to be, they just needed to use the land as a staging post from which to mount attacks on Israel. And when did it become Palestinian land under international laws ?

About those 1967 borders. Why do we cling to this year, 1967? What was different about the borders in 1967? They were the same from 1949 through June 1967! Why don't we call them the 1949 borders? We hear all this talk about how Israel has been 'illegally' and 'immorally' 'occupying' Gaza and the West Bank since 1967. And how bad they treat the Palestinians in said 'occupied' territories.

I got the idea for this discussion from this thread here:

Israel's Occupation Is Morally Indefensible | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

But it is talking about Israel's 'occupation' so instead of derailing that thread I thought I put out this question/food for thought.

OK. Then let's go back to the 1949 borders. Egypt occupied Gaza and Jordan occupied the West Bank. And though at first, Egypt and the Arab league put a party in power that made it seem as though there was a free and independent 'Palestine' in Gaza, it was still controlled by Egypt. And eventually, Egypt put their own governor in control over Gaza. Jordan made no bones. It took total and complete control of the West Bank and issued Jordanian passports, NOT Palestinian ones. With these facts in place, I wonder then if pbel would re-write his statement in the above thread quoted here:

There are four ethical theories--Kantian, utilitarian, virtue-based, and religious--that demonstrate the lack of moral foundation in the continuing occupation, which imposes upon Israelis the responsibility to bring it to a decisive end.

To say:

<snip>--that demonstrate the lack of moral foundation in the continuing occupation, which imposes upon Egyptians and Jordanians the responsibility to bring it to a decisive end.

Wanna go back? Let's do it!

Shit happens when you lose wars you start.

TheOldSchool

I think at this point we can all agree that the people who decided creating Israel after WW2 was a good idea really fucked up and wouldn't do it again if they knew the shitstorm it would start.
(COMMENT)

This is one of those theoretical questions (calling for the hypothetical: "what if") where the answer is: "We'll never know now."

When I came back from Europe the first time, I had seen most of it through a 1970s version of a minds-eye; clearly not through the eyes of my father. The men and women who contributed to the WWII War effort were special, and had seen things and done things they would better left forgotten. The names and places like Monte Cassino, the Ardennes, Luzon, Normandy, Arnhem, Bastogne, provoked different memories for me then it did for them. The Battle of Bataan and Corregidor, Midway and Leyte Gulf --- all mean something more to them --- then it will ever will for me. They tackled and triumphed over two most powerful and ruthless military machines ever assembled.

It is very difficult for me to guess what, as Tom Brokaw called them, the "Greatest Generation" would have thought about the today's plight of the Jewish People and the arrogance of the Arab-Palestinian, in an attempt to defy the establishment of a Jewish National Home, and engaged in a deliberate effort to alter by force the decision of the UN and the Allied Powers. I'm not sure how the would react to the complaints of the Arab Palestinian People given that many of the key leaders that fought to overrun Israel support the NAZIs. The policy of the day, was deNAZIfication.

When COL William Quinn, ACofS G-2 was compiling the CIC reports one finding in Dachau, he wrote these words:

Given that the two leads of the Arab-Palestinian Resistance Militia Units (Holy War Army and Arab Liberation Army) were both NAZIs: (i) Hasan Salama, a special commando unit of the Waffen SS in Operation ATLAS, which was jointly operated by German Intelligence and Grand Mufti al-Husseini; (ii) Fawzi al-Qawuqi, was a Colonel in the Wehrmacht. Even the Grand Mufti Hajj Amin al-Husayni, an Arab nationalist, opponent to the establishment of a Jewish National Home, and future First President of the All Palestine Government, had direct ties to NAZI Germany, and the Führer.

Yes, it would be hard to say if they would choose the Jewish side --- or --- Arab-Palestinian side that was a former enemy element (Germany was still Occupied by Allied Forces).

Most Respectfully,
R
"today's plight of the Jewish People and the arrogance of the Arab-Palestinian, in an attempt to defy the establishment of a Jewish National Home"

It is true though, and anyone who is not brainwashed can see it as reality

TheOldSchool

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Back to my original point, this "plight" of the Jewish people and anger at the "arrogant" Palestinians wouldn't exist if the creators of Israel had opted out instead of creating the country. If they had know the insane religious clusterfuck it would create, they never would have done it.

TheOldSchool

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Back to my original point, this "plight" of the Jewish people and anger at the "arrogant" Palestinians wouldn't exist if the creators of Israel had opted out instead of creating the country. If they had know the insane religious clusterfuck it would create, they never would have done it.
The thing is that Britain was told repeatedly that their stupid plan was not going to work. However, they plodded on with it in spite of the warnings until it blew up in their face. They cut and run leaving the problem they created to the UN.

The UN promptly proposed a solution that was rejected 10 years earlier. A choice of two where the other one would have probably worked. That proposal flopped like the one did 10 years earlier.

The Mandate did not create a Jewish state. The UN did not create a Jewish state. The only thing created was a never ending war.

TheOldSchool

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

The thing is that Britain was told repeatedly that their stupid plan was not going to work. However, they plodded on with it in spite of the warnings until it blew up in their face. They cut and run leaving the problem they created to the UN.

The UN promptly proposed a solution that was rejected 10 years earlier. A choice of two where the other one would have probably worked. That proposal flopped like the one did 10 years earlier.

The Mandate did not create a Jewish state. The UN did not create a Jewish state. The only thing created was a never ending war.
Link?

TheOldSchool

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

And where would that have left the Jews of the world then. How soon before another Nazi group started to plot to wipe them out. Just looking at this board the numbers of such people in America is alarming. The Jews had worldwide support for their national home until the birth of the UN when it was lost. The UN should have stamped out the Palestinian/arab nationalist movement in 1947 when they first started to attacks on the Jews hoping to wipe them out and claim all the land. If that had been done then the problems of today would not be there.

The so called'67 borders were never borders.

This shit is solved with guns and jets, not panels and boards.

Not really. Duh bomb'em is old school. We live in a more civilized world now where we should abide by the rule of law.

And not try and force the rule of law retrospectively because we hate the Jews, like you do constantly. The rule of law says the arab muslims have no legal right to the west bank or Jerusalem, so why don't you shout for it to be acted on ?

Link?

Mandate of Palestine, not to be confused with the British mandate

TheOldSchool

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

The British had no plan as you have been shown many times, they had to obey the commands of the LoN . The mandate was the force behind the creation of the Jewish national home, and it was the fault of the UN that the never ending war was not stopped in 1949

Thank you Tinmore for your informative video. Informative to the point to show your true self in this debate. You truly want Israel wiped off the map. Now we know it for sure. You could care less about any peace. Now we know it for sure.

But on the other point I made in my OP, again no pro pal goes near it, as usual. The west bank and Gaza were still occupied from 1949 through 1967. Crickets . . . . .
Actually, the question I have is how did Egypt and Jordan Occupy Palestinian land? Neither of them were at war with Palestine.

Prior to 67 Gaza was part of Egypt and the W. Bank was part of Jordan. Since that wasn't a part of " Palestine" before 67 maybe it shouldn't be a part of it now. You did show you're true self; You don't have any interest in a " peaceful" " Two State Solution"

Prior to 67 Gaza was part of Egypt and the W. Bank was part of Jordan. Since that wasn't a part of " Palestine" before 67 maybe it shouldn't be a part of it now. You did show you're true self; You don't have any interest in a " peaceful" " Two State Solution"
The two state solution has been on the table since 1937. If those clowns have not been able to get it to work yet, maybe it is time to give it up.

In 1949 the UN divided Palestine into three areas of occupation. Since it is illegal to annex occupied territory, nobody has legally acquired any Palestinian land.

About those 1967 borders. Why do we cling to this year, 1967? What was different about the borders in 1967? They were the same from 1949 through June 1967! Why don't we call them the 1949 borders? We hear all this talk about how Israel has been 'illegally' and 'immorally' 'occupying' Gaza and the West Bank since 1967. And how bad they treat the Palestinians in said 'occupied' territories.

Israel's Occupation Is Morally Indefensible | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

But it is talking about Israel's 'occupation' so instead of derailing that thread I thought I put out this question/food for thought.

OK. Then let's go back to the 1949 borders. Egypt occupied Gaza and Jordan occupied the West Bank. And though at first, Egypt and the Arab league put a party in power that made it seem as though there was a free and independent 'Palestine' in Gaza, it was still controlled by Egypt. And eventually, Egypt put their own governor in control over Gaza. Jordan made no bones. It took total and complete control of the West Bank and issued Jordanian passports, NOT Palestinian ones. With these facts in place, I wonder then if pbel would re-write his statement in the above thread quoted here:

There are four ethical theories--Kantian, utilitarian, virtue-based, and religious--that demonstrate the lack of moral foundation in the continuing occupation, which imposes upon Israelis the responsibility to bring it to a decisive end.

To say:

<snip>--that demonstrate the lack of moral foundation in the continuing occupation, which imposes upon Egyptians and Jordanians the responsibility to bring it to a decisive end.

Too much blood in the game now. Only way for peace now is complete victory and extermination of one side or the other. Don't get peace after decades of trying to wartime victory. Now it's your ass.

Only borders Israel's gonna eventually return to is Biblical borders. Greater Israel.

The two state solution has been on the table since 1937. If those clowns have not been able to get it to work yet, maybe it is time to give it up.

In 1949 the UN divided Palestine into three areas of occupation. Since it is illegal to annex occupied territory, nobody has legally acquired any Palestinian land.

The two state solution was made whole in 1923 when the LoN partitioned Palestine into two unequal parts. The biggest at 78% going to the arab muslims, while the Jews received the smaller at 22%. That should have been the end of the matter, and the LoN should have enforced their decision by armed force when the arab muslims demanded all the land. Running the arab muslims out of trans Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon and parts or Saudi would have had the desired effect, and would have resulted in a M.E peace. The original partition was entered into international law and should never have been even discussed at a later date. The UN did not have the authority to force a partition in 1947, which is why it was only ever a pipe dream.
When the land was occupied it was not illegal so stop trying to enforce laws retrospectively unless you want to see them enforced against your illegal annexing of occupied land.

Prior to 67 Gaza was part of Egypt and the W. Bank was part of Jordan. Since that wasn't a part of " Palestine" before 67 maybe it shouldn't be a part of it now. <snip>

Finally we have a post that is staying on topic.

Fair enough, what's so sacred about the 1949 ceasefire lines? Perhaps we should address the Palestinian territory seized by Zionist Israel and occupied illegally since 1948?

Prior to 67 Gaza was part of Egypt and the W. Bank was part of Jordan. Since that wasn't a part of " Palestine" before 67 maybe it shouldn't be a part of it now. <snip>

Finally we have a post that is staying on topic.

Fair enough, what's so sacred about the 1949 ceasefire lines? Perhaps we should address the Palestinian territory seized by Zionist Israel and occupied illegally since 1948?
It wasn't occupied illegally. The arab countries didn't accept the UN partition, and invaded immediately after Israel declared independence.

So if they didn't accept the partition, that area was not there's to begin with.

To say:

Too much blood in the game now. Only way for peace now is complete victory and extermination of one side or the other. Don't get peace after decades of trying to wartime victory. Now it's your ass.

Only borders Israel's gonna eventually return to is Biblical borders. Greater Israel.
The problem is that the arab leaders refuse to recognize Israel in any form.

Forum List

Back